Tourist visa application - London

I am trying to apply for a single entry tourist visa online but am stalling on one of the support documents which asks for - “identity of person inviting you to stay. e.g. Thai ID card, passport”. This seems illogical for a tourist visa and the website refuses to allow me to continue without downloading this doc. We’ve been staying for 3 months every winter since 2010 previuosly on the non-imm O visa which is no longer issued. Our stay next year will be for 86 days so will get extension at the local I.O. Any suggestions please.

24 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Some fields you can skip. 

The one you mention is one example

Since when is non O visa not issued.

What was the non O based on previously? 

I can’t see any way to skip this field, the website simply does not let me continue to payment page unless I populate that section. 
Previously I obtained the non-imm O 90 day visa based on retirement. This is no longer an option.

It's the health insurance bit that would make it undesirable for us to apply for a 90 Day non-O Retirement (on the embassy website) I thought that went when the covid restrictions went. Is it still on the e-visa system? 

8. Health Insurance issued by insurer with outpatient benefit of not less than 40,000 THB and inpatient benefit of not less than 400,000 THB or Financial evidence (A copy of pension statement of no less than 800 GBP/month and a copy of 3-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least 10,000 GBP)."

Dad is 89 now so probably could not be possible, even the basic travel insurance is 24k Baht per 59 day visit now.

Many of the Thai policies for Health Insurance, I was advised that they may have a clause that you have to be in Thailand more than 6 months in 12 to be effective.

Edited by UKresonant

31 minutes ago, UKresonant said:

Make a statement like this and turn it into a jpg image to upload, and it will let you move on...

" Believed not applicable  to, Single entry TR Visa  requested."

p.s. just did an application last night for my father, system was a little jumpy when finishing the application, but said "processing"..

I just uploaded the hotel booking document again and got the visa no problem.

I think in general the advice to create a "not applicable to tourist visa" jpg is unnecessary. It's easier just to upload the same document twice. You can do that with the proof of residence document (just upload your passport again).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I applied for E-visa London non O ME (retirement) in August. For health insurance I simply uploaded a pic of a piece of paper with "not applicable" written on it - approved in 4 days.

I also showed more than 10,000 GBP bank statement - not sure if that helped negate insurance requirements. I think the requirements for insurance might be remnants from the covid era that are no longer required.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, oliverphoenix2 said:

I applied for E-visa London non O ME (retirement) in August. For health insurance I simply uploaded a pic of a piece of paper with "not applicable" written on it - approved in 4 days.

I also showed more than 10,000 GBP bank statement - not sure if that helped negate insurance requirements. I think the requirements for insurance might be remnants from the covid era that are no longer required.

That 10,000 GBP is a typo. I've obtained 3 non-O visas in the last 18 months and never showed more than £1,500 in the bank

1 hour ago, Jaggg88 said:

That 10,000 GBP is a typo. I've obtained 3 non-O visas in the last 18 months and never showed more than £1,500 in the bank

Just to confirm, that was for a multiple Non O (retirement)? It was certainly my understanding that the UK embassy required more, but they seem very inconsistent.

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Some fields you can skip. 

The one you mention is one example

Since when is non O visa not issued.

What was the non O based on previously? 

I can’t see any way to skip this field, the website simply does not let me continue to payment page unless I populate that section. 
Previously I obtained the non-imm O 90 day visa based on retirement. This is no longer an option.

1 hour ago, retayl said:

Thanks for the response guys. I’ve now downloaded the hotel booking confirmation as suggested and was able to continue and make payment. I’ll let you know the outcome.

That will work just fine, has for me, after all they are the people inviting you to Thailand 

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, retayl said:

I am trying to apply for a single entry tourist visa online but am stalling on one of the support documents which asks for - “identity of person inviting you to stay. e.g. Thai ID card, passport”. This seems illogical for a tourist visa...

Write on a sheet of paper:

"There is no person inviting me to stay with them, but I have read several news reports quoting the governor of the Tourist Authority of Thailand that he encourages and welcomes foreigners to visit Thailand"

Save this to PDF or photograh it and then upload it with the e-visa application.

• Like 2

Someone should make a Facebook page of how absolutely stupid the process is to get a Thai 60 day visa. It's almost comical how any 15 year old could make a better website than these morons have been using since corona. They NEVER make a change so people who want a 60 day visa only can easily apply and how stupid it is that they ask for SEVERAL things that are not needed at all and if you don't upload something you can't move forward and pay. Why in the world do you need to make silly signs that say not needed etc. They seem to not like to loose face so maybe Facebook can out them to their insane stupidity. Yet on the other hand they want tourists desperately. PS I don't have FB. 

I've just experienced a couple of the same problems as the OP when applying for a 60 day Tourist Visa through the e system. However this is my first experience in dealing with Thai bureaucracy so I wasn't too sure what to expect. These are my observations:

1. Similar to the OP I was asked to supply the ID number of the Thai person I was staying with. As I am going to Thailand on holiday, and staying at a hotel, I just re-confirmed the hotel booking that was entered in another section.

2. I was also asked to confirm the Employer, Institution etc. inviting me to Thailand so I just put in another copy of my Bank Statement that had also been entered in another section.

3. In the ID Section you can enter your mobile number. As I'm from the UK it starts with the prefix +44 and as usual you miss out the first digit of your mobile number then enter the remaining digits. Except the software overwrites the first two numbers with 44. So the number reads +44 44XX  XXXXXX and the last 2 digits of the mobile number have been missed off, meaning the Embassy cannot contact you by phone. I have edited this twice but the software keeps "auto correcting" to the incorrect number.

Sent the application away last Monday and checked up again today on progress. "Processing" was the update which I think it also read immediately after I had submitted the application. If the Visa comes through OK then no problem, but its a muddled contradictory process for something thats relatively minor in the grand scheme of things.

16 hours ago, Jaggg88 said:

For a visit wife non-O, they said more than £1000 for a single entry and more than £10000 for a Multi entry Visa (May 2023)

• 3 weeks later...