Electricity may exceed ฿4 per unit next year

webfact

On 10/30/2023 at 1:54 PM, Photoguy21 said:

Bit of education. Yes you can charge at home but the electricity still comes from the grid. Do you think it appears magically from somewhere else? Solar and wind do not produce sufficient electricity to fill the difference and even if they did, you have to store the electricity generated.

I don’t know why people are crying like a baby about EV electricity usage when the electricity used by EVs is a tiny fraction of the energy used in crypto mining. Yet you never hear a single complaint about crypto mining being a complete waste of energy.

“Cryptocurrency has an energy consumption problem. Bitcoin alone is estimated to consume 127 terawatt-hours (TWh) a year — more than many countries, including Norway”

https://rmi.org/cryptocurrencys-energy-consumption-problem/

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

19 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

I don’t know why people are crying like a baby about EV electricity usage when the electricity used by EVs is a tiny fraction of the energy used in crypto mining. Yet you never hear a single complaint about crypto mining being a complete waste of energy.

“Cryptocurrency has an energy consumption problem. Bitcoin alone is estimated to consume 127 terawatt-hours (TWh) a year — more than many countries, including Norway”

Crypto mining I agree does use a lot of electricity however this is not as wide spread as they want EV's to become. On figures alone the EV usage will be considerably more significant. Increase in demand means increase in infrastructure to meet the demand and in the case of the electrical network that is substantial.

On 11/2/2023 at 12:20 PM, zhounan said:

How to see my cost/unit?

Assuming you get a bill direct from the government and not the inflated prices found in condos. 

Example bill:  Take the total cost 2392.93 (base + FT +VAT) and divide by number of units used, 563 in this example.

bill.jpg.fce149d4117f0683770826fe13a57ca0.jpg

Edited by OccamsRazor

On 10/29/2023 at 5:50 PM, Bobthegimp said:

Nobody just magically "has" a solar installation, they pay a small fortune for it and the system rarely pays for itself. 

I searched "how many solar panels to power a Tesla" and came up with this: 

Could contain:

What an Absolute garbage!

The average cost of a solar system installation in Thailand is nowhere near that $20,498 for I assume a 6kW system.

I just installed a top-of-the-line 5kW Solar system with Huawei Inverter, 9 Power Inverters, and 9 x 555W Solar panels of the highest grade you can get (Monocrystalline).

At peak hours it can produce 4.2kW, which is impressive. It's been 3 months already and MEA still didn't show up to inspect and change the meter that I can sell back for 2.2Baht. but I'm not in a rush, I'm selling back at full price now 😄 if you know what I mean...

The whole setup was ($5000 USD) 180,000 THB.

My MEA bill went down from 7,000 baht to 3,000 baht

Edited by brfsa2

On 11/1/2023 at 4:19 PM, Bandersnatch said:

You are totally correct, and also nobody is complaining about the massive energy consumption from Shopping malls, they are popping up in every single corner in this Country.

Thailand should be ashamed for not promoting Solar energy.  Today technology is so good and 1/2 of the price compared 10 years ago.

For house owners to decide wetter or not you should install it, if your answer is yes, then you should

- Do you have a house you own? 

- Is your bill more than 4,000 baht a month? 

for full return in 4-6 years, and best technology with Huawei:

if your bill is 4,000 baht or more a month, install a 3kW 1-Phase system (130,000 baht)

if your bill is 6,000 baht or more a month, install a 5kW 1-Phase system (170,000 Baht)

if your bill is 9,500 baht or more a month, install a 10kW 3-Phase system (250,000 baht) or just 5kW either 1 or 3-Phases.

Please tell me what investment you can get early returns of 15-25% ? this is a no brainer, if you have the money doing it is the best investment one can do today.

• Thanks 1