Transfering Music to an I-Pod

BarraMarra

Dont know where to post this but i have a lot of songs on my phone downloaded from a Music downloader. The problem is I can only listen to it if I use Wi-Fi or Mobile Data.  I have an Apple iPod and I want to transfer the music from my phone to my iPod. I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to transferring data from sepp devices so do any members know an idiot's tool to transfer music?.

It's a hella pain in the butt to download and manage music files and I stopped doing it a while back.

All my music is on Youtube playlists, which you can access on any device from anywhere with a Wifi. All you need to do is get into your Youtube account and into your Playlists. If you use Spotify, I can't help you. But for me, there is plenty of music on Youtube, so I don't need Spotify. You don't need an Ipod. You can play the music from Youtube playlist on your phone. Much less hassle. 

Can't listen to music while going for walks, but I don't care. It's too much hassle to download and transfer to different devices. 

Sorry if this is not helpful. 

Edited by save the frogs
  • Confused 1

I would check with any Apple store in Thailand. 

You have the biggest Apple store of the country at Central World - Bangkok. They will be far more competent then me on the issue.

As it is tricky to find their email (was for me), here it is and if this post is approved by the moderation, hope it helps you out.

[email protected]

Edited by observer90210
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thats the problem Save the, im flying shortly from Manchester via Bahrain to Bkk over 18 hours with the stopover. On the flight, I won't be able to listen to my music. I thought if i bought an old i pod i could simply transfer it but now its not free.

14 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Thats the problem Save the, im flying shortly from Manchester via Bahrain to Bkk over 18 hours with the stopover. On the flight, I won't be able to listen to my music. I thought if i bought an old i pod i could simply transfer it but now its not free.

I have had some luck using Bluetooth to transfer the songs from my old iPod to my iPhone XR. But I think the best advice posted is to check with the Apple Store for sure. 

You need iTunes on your computer or Apple Music on a Mac. Transfer the music to the computer, put it into iTunes then sync your iPod with iTunes. Bought an iPod years ago at the airport on a whim. Gorgeous looking little device. Little did I know what a pain it would be. An iTunes disc didn't come with it and only had dial up internet available so took ages to download. First and last Apple product I bought.

• Like 2

The efficient app to transfer photos and videos between iPhone, iPad and PC    ( and its free) great tool

https://www.copytrans.net/

Transfer iPhone and iPad photos and videos to PC
    Copy photos and videos from PC to iPhone and iPad
    Create and edit iPad photo albums
    Organize pictures and videos in iPad and iPhone photo albums
    Share your iPhone and iPad pics in PC slideshows
    Easily drag & drop iPhone pictures & videos

• 1 month later...
On 10/27/2023 at 11:01 PM, BarraMarra said:

Lot depends on how you got that music to begin with, free, pirate, payed for....just go the Spotify route, if you're paying a subscription you get the play off line option, if you prefer to own download to a pc and set up playlists in iTunes/Apple Music, if your on android well good luck there system sucks big time.

• Sad 1

Try copying or moving songs to a PC or laptop first. Then install a version of iTunes appropriate for your operating system. You can still find older versions of iTunes on the Apple site (last time I looked). Uncheck the option in preferences to automatically update iTunes. Then you can copy to the iPod using iTunes.. 

You can't pull or copy using itunes. There are a number of old sw programs on snapfile.com that may be helpful. The big issue is that the songs will not have proper names either in filename or metadata. It will take ages to clean it up and not worth the time. If purchased thru itunes you can perhaps sync with that account but this doesn't sound like the case.

If you hook your ipod up to itunes and it syncs you'll lose all the songs.

I absolutely hate Apple.

I misunderstood your post. You can DL a copy of itunes and upload a variety of files in itunes. Easy.

If you add the folder and it does not add be certain the files are compatible with Apple ecosystem. There are file conversation sw but probably make the music unlistenable.

On 10/27/2023 at 8:36 PM, BarraMarra said:

The problem is I can only listen to it if I use Wi-Fi or Mobile Data. 

Not sure if I understood your question correctly. Apologies if I did not 

but Not true,

You can broadcast your music to any bluetooth device (speaker, echo dot , car radio etc) and it does not require mobile data.

In addition , I assume your phone is backed up on the cloud. I know I have downloaded pictures from my cloud account to other devices, so I don't see why you could not duplicate you music file also .

But bluetooth is my prefered method.