Don't be Bald

Bobthegimp

I have to be honest, I hate the shaved head look. Perhaps it comes from the skinhead fashion based on shaved head, Harrington jackets, chinos, Doc Martens and ruthless, pointless violence, during the late 1960s. Ugh. Horrible look and horrible outlook oil life and other people. 

I feel the same way about tattoos, although both my offspring have very extensive tattoos, but I have no friends that have them. My mother used to say that having tattoos were a sign of a bad'un who had them done in prison (despite her own father who had been to sea, having a couple). 

Bit it is funny how and why our prejudices arise, isn't it?

• Like 2

I was in a bar other day, 5 bald guys, all about the same age and body weight sitting next to each other; it looked like a row of thumbs, 555 👍👍👍👍👍

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, noobexpat said:

Its called scalp micropigmentation. 

It's called looking silly. Big black beard and eyebrows, and a painted scalp.

No. 2 all over every two weeks even though I still have a full head of hair, is so comfortable & easy. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Baldness is caused by excess testosterone, it's the guys who have a full head of hair who should worry about getting it up.

That's a myth that bald people keep repeating.

Bit of a bummer for guys when they go bald, makes them look a lot older, Pattaya girls certainly don't care

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Baldness is to men, what going gray is to women.

I'm quite lucky it's an issue I don't to deal with, since I haven't really lost much. I also look pretty much the same as my Dad, which is a good rule of thumb with regards to hair, look at your Dad and you'll pretty much end up the same.

But it's like my wife, she's going pretty gray, and she hates it. I think the salt n pepper look is pretty sexy on her. But same with baldness, for whatever reason it's how it makes YOU feel, not particularly how others view you that drives to to hair dye, rogaine or whatever.

The only guys I do feel sorry for are the young pups who lose their hair early. My best friends brother, had full on male pattern baldness by 25. Thats a real gut punch at that age

• Thumbs Up 1

Back in 1978, I was walking down a main street in Malacca when I heard a voice crying behind me "Sir, Sir, I can help you. Come to my shop". A middle aged Chinaman rushed down the street behind me and took me by the arm and started to guide me back along the street. Curiosity took me and I followed him back about 100 metre, up 2 flights of stairs and into a studio type room. He explained that he had seen me out of his window passing by and thought that I was in grave need of his services.

He was a Wigmaker.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, 2baht said:

............ the fat wallet covers all! 😘 Nald or not! 🙄

What do you prefer in life's experiences authentic or fake.  A good fake is not all bad but sincerity is a completely different  level.

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The sad thing is that, due to their vanity and insecurity, many head shavers mistakenly think shaving does make them (more of) a man when all it does is confirm that they're 100% slapheads!

Well I think it is a better look than just being a baldie with a tonsure, or heaven forbid a foot long comb over with a curl around and spray hold. Also the very obvious designer sunglasses up on top of the head in the middle of the night. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Haha 2