Re entry after visiting Cambodia .

14 hours ago, NextG said:

All much ado about nothing. OP need do nothing if they are staying at the same place as before. If and when they go to do their 90 day report, 90 days after re-entering, they may be asked at that point as to whether they are at the same address; they can issue an updated slip then. There is no penalty. 
Of course this is valid if your stay at the accommodation is continuous; e.g. words, you are still under the same accommodation contract/conditions. 
So all that can happen is that they send you to the other room to give you a newly dated notification. No negative connotation at all and no need to do anything until you are going to the Immigration office anyway. 
If they are moving to another place, it will be the responsibility of the house owner/landlord etc to register them. Again, no need for the OP to worry. 
I think some people here are getting old and full of worry…

You are CORRECT!!!!  I am both OLD and "full of worry". The situation here makes that a fact of life. Constantly changing rules at Immigration should give you PLENTY to worry about. Given the attitude at Immigration and the even WORSE attitude at the American and British Embassies, you have no end of things to worry about. They exist to create new problems for you.

• Like 2

"If they are moving to another place, it will be the responsibility of the house owner/landlord etc to register them. Again, no need for the OP to worry. 
I think some people here are getting old and full of worry…"

I've stayed many hotels, condos, guest houses and often not been reported by the owner! And later been in trouble at Imm 'cause I didn't know.

I learned quickly not to trust them and always ask/demand paper copy of the screen shot of the report.

Sounds like you never explore this country outside your condo.... or a room. There's a big world outside your ZIP code -:) full of surprises.

People he are also getting tired of well meaning fools who talk like they know everything....

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GypsyT said:

"If they are moving to another place, it will be the responsibility of the house owner/landlord etc to register them. Again, no need for the OP to worry. 
I think some people here are getting old and full of worry…"

I've stayed many hotels, condos, guest houses and often not been reported by the owner! And later been in trouble at Imm 'cause I didn't know.

I learned quickly not to trust them and always ask/demand paper copy of the screen shot of the report.

Sounds like you never explore this country outside your condo.... or a room. There's a big world outside your ZIP code -:) full of surprises.

People he are also getting tired of well meaning fools who talk like they know everything....

You sound full of anxiety girl 👧 

My replies are specifically for the OP and the people concerned about any possible changes related to Chonburi. 

No one asked about ‘exploring the country’ 🤭
The general rule is that if you are living long term at one place and registered there, then if you travel around the country; on holiday for instance, you don’t need to worry about it. It’s the responsibility of the accommodations to register you. If they don’t, THEY are the ones who face fines. 
Apart from anything else, if the hotels, guesthouses etc don’t register you, how would Immigration know, for you ‘to have got into trouble’?

Of course there is more to your story, that has nothing to do with the questions posted here. 
Tell us about it. I suspect that you won’t or that you will perhaps choose to be somewhat economical with the truth and continue your petulant child act. 

On 10/29/2023 at 11:04 AM, NextG said:

‘Emerged’ from whence? Word of mouth? Someone’s actual experience posted here?

"Separately, expats are again reminded they should not ignore the separate bureaucracy of the TM30 form which confirms local address after returning to Thailand from abroad by land or sea. Expats will need to show an updated TM30 receipt (i.e. issued since the last entry to Thailand)"

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/news/90-days-immigration-report-now-needs-update-form-443917

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, zzzzz said:

Unfortunately every immigration is deferent so saying you dont need to do a new tm30 is not true

PHUKET requires a new tm 30 anytime u stay out of phuket at a hotel which files a tm 30

OR if you leave the country

easy to just do it online:
  https://tm30.immigration.go.th/tm30api/loginExternal.jsp?value=EXT&id=a57f17080938c12ec18918280ab1c296

This thread is with regard to Jomtien/Chonburi, not Phuket and, in addition, you must be a house owner. 

https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand-visa/about-tm30-thailand

The TM30 form is also called “Notification from House-Master, Owner or the Possessor of the Residence where Alien has Stayed”.

Not the tourist. Some people who may own their homes may be in a different position, as they will be responsible for filing the TM. 30 in the first instance and therefore fines can be levied on the house owner. 

The ‘alien’ is under no obligation to do so! They only need to supply the requested document to the owner/landlord/manager(passport). 

8 minutes ago, NextG said:

This thread is with regard to Jomtien/Chonburi, not Phuket and, in addition, you must be a house owner. 

The TM30 form is also called “Notification from House-Master, Owner or the Possessor of the Residence where Alien has Stayed”.

Not the tourist. Some people who may own their homes may be in a different position, as they will be responsible for filing the TM. 30 in the first instance and therefore fines can be levied on the house owner. 

The ‘alien’ is under no obligation to do so! They only need to supply the requested document to the owner/landlord/manager(passport). 

Nice in theory. The reality is different (though it does depend a bit on the immigration office).

Most often, if you are renting, the officials do not want to go to the trouble of chasing your landlord. Instead, they will state that you are the "possessor", and it is your responsibility to ensure that the TM30 notification is done.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

"Separately, expats are again reminded they should not ignore the separate bureaucracy of the TM30 form which confirms local address after returning to Thailand from abroad by land or sea. Expats will need to show an updated TM30 receipt (i.e. issued since the last entry to Thailand)"

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/news/90-days-immigration-report-now-needs-update-form-443917

Yes, AGAIN, it can be updated when you next have business with Immigration; e.g. 90 day report or retirement extension. 
If you are under a long term contract you will have a tenancy agreement showing that you are still staying at the same place and they can update it then. If you return to stay elsewhere, the new place should have filed a ‘new TM.30’. 

The advice from Chonburi Immigration is to update it when you have business with Immigration; 90 day report, Retirement Extension. 
I’ll explain why…. Imagine that you are renting a property long term and you leave to go to another country on holiday. The landlord may have no idea that you left at all and there is no obligation for the alien to fill in a TM.30, so how would that work?

No one actually goes to a police station to register their presence within 24 hours. 

So the TM.30 will be updated, if necessary, when you do your 90 day report or extension. That what they mean by ‘anything to do with Immigration’. They aren’t out to ‘get’ you. 

Just now, BritTim said:

Nice in theory. The reality is different (though it does depend a bit on the immigration office).

Most often, if you are renting, the officials do not want to go to the trouble of chasing your landlord. Instead, they will state that you are the "possessor", and it is your responsibility to ensure that the TM30 notification is done.

This thread is with regard to Jomtien. I cannot cover the whims of every single office in Thailand.
But again, how would the renter know if it was done or not, until they have business with Immigration(given that they supplied the documents(passport) to the person who needed to file the TM.30. 

If, of course, they didn’t hand they passport details over to anyone, then they know that no TM.30 has been supplied at all. In this case, Immigration might take a dim view of not being informed earlier. 

2 minutes ago, NextG said:

This thread is with regard to Jomtien. I cannot cover the whims of every single office in Thailand.
But again, how would the renter know if it was done or not, until they have business with Immigration(given that they supplied the documents(passport) to the person who needed to file the TM.30. 

If, of course, they didn’t hand they passport details over to anyone, then they know that no TM.30 has been supplied at all. In this case, Immigration might take a dim view of not being informed earlier. 

I am not sure if you are saying it is unfair that Immigration push the responsibility onto you (I agree) or are denying that they do.

• Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

This is exactly what I have stated…. “when doing a 90 day report…”

Why? Again stated in the article:

There have been recent instances of expats moving address and not informing immigration authorities”

I expect any fines were levied for TM.30 that didn’t conform to a current address or to people who had no TM.30 filed at all when attending Immigration. 

Edited by NextG

13 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I am not sure if you are saying it is unfair that Immigration push the responsibility onto you (I agree) or are denying that they do.

I’m stating that if you haven’t changed address and have your tenancy agreement if necessary, there will not be an issue. If you have changed address, again you’d better have the documents to prove that you complied with the requirements. I’ve seen them call landlords etc, berating them. 
But of course everyone is welcome to run to the Immigration office immediately or to file a TM.30 online for their peace of mind. 
Only it might be somewhat difficult for them to obtain the required documents from their ‘landlord’ in order to file a TM.30 online on their own 🙄

Edited by NextG

49 minutes ago, NextG said:

says it right above

......the Possessor of the Residence where Alien has Stayed”.
I have been registering the address  where i stay using the online tm for for ages and i merely rent the house

47 minutes ago, BritTim said:

....and, unsurpriingly, it will be the renter who they will hit with any charges, not the owner.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

Thank you for posting that.

Has the Pattaya Mail article been reinstated?  Previous links came up with a 404 message - I see this one is dated 28th October.

28 minutes ago, NextG said:

I’m stating that if you haven’t changed address and have your tenancy agreement if necessary, there will not be an issue. If you have changed address, again you’d better have the documents to prove that you complied with the requirements. I’ve seen them call landlords etc, berating them. 
But of course everyone is welcome to run to the Immigration office immediately or to file a TM.30 online for their peace of mind. 
Only it might be somewhat difficult for them to obtain the required documents from their ‘landlord’ in order to file a TM.30 online on their own 🙄

You are wrong in denying that there could be an issue if you try and 'do business' at Jomtien and your TM30 receipt is not 'current'.

I am certainly not suggesting that people run to Jomtien and submit new TM30's - although many have (do it online anyway). BUT, be aware of their requirement to file again if you are not current - they will not do 90 day reports, certificates of residency, extensions or re-entry permits if you are deemed to be 'out of date'. 

22 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

says it right above

......the Possessor of the Residence where Alien has Stayed”.
I have been registering the address  where i stay using the online tm for for ages and i merely rent the house

Of course, but you needed a copy of the ID of the landlord or lessor, a copy of the Tabien Baan or Chanote and your rental agreement…. did you not?

If the landlord doesn’t supply those, then you cannot do it yourself. 
If they do, then it’s no issue for you to do it online at your convenience. 

45 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

You are wrong in denying that there could be an issue if you try and 'do business' at Jomtien and your TM30 receipt is not 'current'.

I am certainly not suggesting that people run to Jomtien and submit new TM30's - although many have (do it online anyway). BUT, be aware of their requirement to file again if you are not current - they will not do 90 day reports, certificates of residency, extensions or re-entry permits if you are deemed to be 'out of date'. 

AGAIN, they will process all of those things you try to suggest that they won’t, but first they will send you to another room to update your TM.30. Same address, no problem. Different address but not registered, problem. You have documents to prove that you submitted that you have the correct documents(rental contract), landlord/lessors problem. But remember you can ask landlord/lessee for copy of TM.30 receipt along the way. If you are wishy-washy; your problem. Get it?

Edited by NextG

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

Has the Pattaya Mail article been reinstated?  Previous links came up with a 404 message - I see this one is dated 28th October.

I'm not sure. 

TM 30 reporting, even for short trips:

"Section 37 of the Immigration Act, B.E. 2522 (1979) also stipulates that a foreigner residing in Thailand should notify the police station if he/she visits another province for more than 24 hours from the time of arrival. This would mean that a short weekend trip from Bangkok to Phuket would cause more red tape, even when you have already done all the basic TM30 reporting."

When hotel failed to report I was asked to pay 1600 THB but was able to talk out of it... They don't go after Thais.

"Officially and practically, the responsibility to report the stay of a foreigner rests with the host: the landlord of a property, the hotel or the service apartment. Delayed or late reporting of a foreigner can be penalized with 800 THB to 1,600 THB per person (normally the penalty does not exceed that amount, even if your landlord reports months too late)."

40 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

"Section 37 of the Immigration Act, B.E. 2522 (1979) also stipulates that a foreigner residing in Thailand should notify the police station if he/she visits another province for more than 24 hours from the time of arrival. This would mean that a short weekend trip from Bangkok to Phuket would cause more red tape, even when you have already done all the basic TM30 reporting."

When hotel failed to report I was asked to pay 1600 THB but was able to talk out of it... They don't go after Thais.

"Officially and practically, the responsibility to report the stay of a foreigner rests with the host: the landlord of a property, the hotel or the service apartment. Delayed or late reporting of a foreigner can be penalized with 800 THB to 1,600 THB per person (normally the penalty does not exceed that amount, even if your landlord reports months too late)."

No… that’s nothing to do with you. You cannot not be regarded as the possessor of a room in which you stayed in for a few days. That’s on the guesthouse/hotel owner etc. It’s not on a tourist to ask for a TM.30 each time. Don’t be silly. 
If you were away, staying in a particular accommodation for a while, then you could ask for a copy of the TM.30. But for short trips it could take a while for the accommodation owner to even get one to give to you. So that wouldn’t work. Immigration will generally be practical in these situations, unless they see something unusual or someone is simply trying it on. 

Edited by NextG

3 hours ago, GypsyT said:

also stipulates that a foreigner residing in Thailand should notify the police station if he/she visits another province for more than 24 hours from the time of arrival. This would mean that a short weekend trip from Bangkok to Phuket would cause more red tape, even when you have already done all the basic TM30 reporting."

That website link is not to an 'official' site. It has been called out on errors many times in the past.

I assume that you are not aware that regulation was repealed in 2020.

51 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

The thread is: re-entry-after-visiting-cambodia

If you didn't go to Cambodia you're not qualified to answer....   55555

Don’t be ridiculous.  I’ve been abroad and have re-entered. Do you imagine there are some special rules just for Cambodia or are you showing us the limit of your intelligence?

15 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Pattaya Mail (hardcopy) only comes out every 2 weeks....some information may become dated in that timespan. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NextG said:

Of course, but you needed a copy of the ID of the landlord or lessor, a copy of the Tabien Baan or Chanote and your rental agreement…. did you not?

If the landlord doesn’t supply those, then you cannot do it yourself. 
If they do, then it’s no issue for you to do it online at your convenience. 

yep; got all the docs needed>>>:-)

22 hours ago, GypsyT said:

If you were NOT reported by the owner, how did Immigration know?  The reporting process is how they get information.

I used to travel with my girlfriend and we would rent rooms on her Thai ID. I was never asked for my passport, so there is zero possibility of trouble later from Immigration.  Do you think they read minds???

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Pattaya Mail (hardcopy) only comes out every 2 weeks....some information may become dated in that timespan. 

Yes, it was just odd that 2 days after the ONLINE report came out, it had been taken down and other posters could not access it. One of life's little mysteries that will not challenge me beyond my first coffee.