Re entry after visiting Cambodia .

Hi all ,, I need some clarification . I will be visiting Cambodia soon and would like to know . once re entering Thailand using my re entry stamp ( retirement visa ) . do I need the visit  Jomtien immigration to re register . ??? what is the procedures etc ? any  help/advice will be appreciated

Cheers 

PS first time leaving and re entering Thailand .

• Like 1

Is TM30 still required in Thailand 2023?

Do I have to fill out a TM30? You are not needed to self-report using a TM30 form as a visitor to Thailand. This must be completed within 24 hours of your arrival and is the responsibility of the owners of the lodging where you are staying.Jul 20, 2566 BE
so what happens if i go to jomtiem and my landlord has done nothing?  i do have a lease i can show them but landlord makes me nervous that they do nothing...will i still get an extension or have to go chase landlord around to file the darn form?

5 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Apparently, that is incorrect as far as Jomtien is concerned.

It had emerged that if your are 'doing any business with Immigration' Jomtien require the TM30 receipt to be current ie dated after your most recent entry into Thailand.

‘Emerged’ from whence? Word of mouth? Someone’s actual experience posted here?

1 minute ago, NextG said:

‘Emerged’ from whence? Word of mouth? Someone’s actual experience posted here?

Do you not read the forum.

Do your homework in the  Thai Visas, Residency, and Work Permits section.

I have no idea if what was announced is actually happened - just mentioning it in the interests of awareness. 

1 minute ago, hotandsticky said:

Do you not read the forum.

Do your homework in the  Thai Visas, Residency, and Work Permits section.

I have no idea if what was announced is actually happened - just mentioning it in the interests of awareness. 

Don’t be silly. Do you imagine that anyone reads every single new post on this forum?

If you have a link to a specific post with an alleged announcement with regard to Jomtien, then help the OP by posting it. Otherwise, stop making a nuisance of yourself. 

24 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

It had emerged that if your are 'doing any business with Immigration' Jomtien require the TM30 receipt to be current ie dated after your most recent entry into Thailand.

From the most respected advisor on this forum:

AFA8FB59-F1A2-4DD1-9C5C-5FAAA7C97A90.jpeg.201b876b213b6f871d265ef9a2f06a62.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Do you normally rely on 18 month old statements. That is not always wise.

That statement was certainly true then, may be now - but this press item is what stirred things up:-

Screenshot_20231023_103437.thumb.jpg.7452f60a63096f955aa29fb73966c210.jpg

Of course you chose to not link to the actual thread because you know that you put your foot in your mouth. 

Told “not necessary” on the 13th of this month. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Now you are just trolling.

That would be you. First claiming that I was incorrect and then rudely suggesting that I should “read the forums and do my homework” and furthermore deliberately not linking to the thread because you found out that in fact I was correct after all, instead making an attempt to ‘muddy the waters’ and ‘save face’. But now you have egg on it. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, banglay said:

I will be visiting Cambodia soon

For reference should you be flying into Siem Reap.

A new larger airport (now SAI) opened on the 16th October 2023. This airport was built, funded and now operated by the Chinese on behalf of the Royal Cambodian Government. It is 50kms from the city, compared to 5kms from the old one (REP), and the expensive taxi/minibus service is operated by the airport authorities. From posts on Facebook, on arrival there may be issues and intimidation trying to book your own transport via an APP (Grab etc.). If you have a hotel booked it will advise you. 

Enjoy your visit wherever you decide to go. 

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

2 hours ago, NextG said:

No. 
Re-register what? Your 90 day report will be due 90 days after you enter. 
If you are living at the same place, nothing needs to be done. If a new place, a TM. 30 would need to be submitted by your landlord. 

they may not know he hopped a border though. the old tm30 would still be there i think. i would just try doing the 90 day report online as usual.

if it does not go through you just get a new tm30 (saves time by not going through the hassle unless you have to).

Edited by JimTripper

3 hours ago, JimTripper said:

they may not know he hopped a border though. the old tm30 would still be there i think. i would just try doing the 90 day report online as usual.

if it does not go through you just get a new tm30 (saves time by not going through the hassle unless you have to).

What is this? He simply does a 90 day report, 90 days from when he returns. 
Why complicate things? Visa hasn’t changed and he’s allowed to leave and return. Stop making it look as if something dodgy is occurring. 

19 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Yes I believe so, which suggests the OP needs to do a TM30 unless it will be done by his place of residence. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Yes I believe so, which suggests the OP needs to do a TM30 unless it will be done by his place of residence. 

My place is registered under a Thai company name ... so what needs to be done??? .. My "OP" post is getting muddier muddier with each added post lol ..I think maybe  as a precaution I will go to Jomtien immigration when I return  better to be safer rather  than  sorry .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, banglay said:

My place is registered under a Thai company name ... so what needs to be done??? .. My "OP" post is getting muddier muddier with each added post lol ..I think maybe  as a precaution I will go to Jomtien immigration when I return  better to be safer rather  than  sorry .

Yes mine too, and I formerly did my own registering online....but an agent said, in order to get a COR once, I needed the Soi 5 issued and stamped slip. I was told that was good forever, near as damn, or until I moved to another place. It is more recent that  I heard a TM30 is needed each time one enters the country wrt Jomtien. It was also mentioned at an Expats Club meeting I went to. I believe your 'precaution' is warranted, or get an agent to do it. 

Damned fancy new building and changed procedures... they just want to hit more people with a fine is my thoughts!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes mine too, and I formerly did my own registering online....but an agent said, in order to get a COR once, I needed the Soi 5 issued and stamped slip. I was told that was good forever, near as damn, or until I moved to another place. It is more recent that  I heard a TM30 is needed each time one enters the country wrt Jomtien. It was also mentioned at an Expats Club meeting I went to. I believe your 'precaution' is warranted, or get an agent to do it. 

Damned fancy new building and changed procedures... they just want to hit more people with a fine is my thoughts!

just asked google this question and got this :-

Once you re-enter Thailand using your re-entry stamp, you do not need to visit your Jomtien immigration office to re-register. Your re-entry stamp will allow you to stay in Thailand for the same amount of time as your original visa, or up to 60 days, whichever is less.

If you are staying in Jomtien for less than 30 days, you do not need to register with immigration at all. However, if you are staying for longer than 30 days, you must register with your local immigration office within 24 hours of your arrival.

Procedures for registering with immigration:

1. Visit your local immigration office.
  2. Bring your passport, re-entry stamp, and a copy of your arrival/departure card (TM.6).
  3. Fill out a TM.30 form.
  4. Pay the registration fee (400 baht).
  5. Submit your documents to an immigration officer.
  6. You will be given a TM.7 slip, which is your proof of registration.

You must keep your TM.7 slip with you at all times while you are in Thailand. If you lose it, you can apply for a replacement at your local immigration office.

If you are staying in Jomtien for longer than 90 days, you will need to apply for a visa extension at your local immigration office before your visa expires.

Please note that these are the general procedures for registering with immigration and applying for a visa extension. There may be additional requirements depending on your nationality and type of visa. It is always best to check with the Thai embassy or consulate in your home country before you travel.

• Confused 2

35 minutes ago, banglay said:

just asked google this question and got this :-

Once you re-enter Thailand using your re-entry stamp, you do not need to visit your Jomtien immigration office to re-register. Your re-entry stamp will allow you to stay in Thailand for the same amount of time as your original visa, or up to 60 days, whichever is less.

If you are staying in Jomtien for less than 30 days, you do not need to register with immigration at all. However, if you are staying for longer than 30 days, you must register with your local immigration office within 24 hours of your arrival.

Procedures for registering with immigration:

1. Visit your local immigration office.
  2. Bring your passport, re-entry stamp, and a copy of your arrival/departure card (TM.6).
  3. Fill out a TM.30 form.
  4. Pay the registration fee (400 baht).
  5. Submit your documents to an immigration officer.
  6. You will be given a TM.7 slip, which is your proof of registration.

You must keep your TM.7 slip with you at all times while you are in Thailand. If you lose it, you can apply for a replacement at your local immigration office.

If you are staying in Jomtien for longer than 90 days, you will need to apply for a visa extension at your local immigration office before your visa expires.

Please note that these are the general procedures for registering with immigration and applying for a visa extension. There may be additional requirements depending on your nationality and type of visa. It is always best to check with the Thai embassy or consulate in your home country before you travel.

A TM 7 is an application for extension of temporary stay in Thailand.

Now you are really muddying your own waters. 🙂

Your return from Cambodia is really quite simple (mainly).

Your question was about whether there was a need to visit Jomtien Immigration on return to "re-register".

The basis for this question comes from the Pattaya Mail report that you had to have a TM30 receipt dated AFTER your last entry into Thailand, if you want to do 'any business with Immigration'. Previously, as other posters have correctly pointed out you didn't have to do anything regarding TM30 if you returning to the same address; confusion rains now after that Pattaya Mail report. You will have noticed that same confusion on the I Love Bang Saray FB page (if you are a member there).

I spoke to the Thai manager of the resort where I stay and he submitted a new TM30 for me. He suggested that was not enough; Immigration told him that residents then need to take a copy of that submission to the Jomtien office to get the proper Immigration receipt. Again, I simply pass that on because it was exactly what he was told.

I think that you can do little else than call in on soi 5 on your return and get it from the horses mouth.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2023 at 8:32 AM, banglay said:

PS first time leaving and re entering Thailand

If you re enter via a land border you will be required to complete a TM6,  you should enter the re-entry stamp number in the field marked "visa".

First time I did it I left the visa field blank, IO filled it in but didn't lok too happy.

What happens if I stay at a hotel for a few days and they lodge a new TM30 with my passport at check-in? Do I need to get the landlord at my current long term rental to do another TM30 each time I stay at a hotel and return.

I hope not. I don't think they will keep sending TM30's each time I'm out of town.

Edited by JimTripper

On 10/29/2023 at 10:44 AM, pomchop said:
Is TM30 still required in Thailand 2023?

Do I have to fill out a TM30? You are not needed to self-report using a TM30 form as a visitor to Thailand. This must be completed within 24 hours of your arrival and is the responsibility of the owners of the lodging where you are staying.Jul 20, 2566 BE
so what happens if i go to jomtiem and my landlord has done nothing?  i do have a lease i can show them but landlord makes me nervous that they do nothing...will i still get an extension or have to go chase landlord around to file the darn form?

Recent posts have mentioned that Jomtien Immigration want both TM30 and TM47 forms re-flied. Has this situation changed? 

All much ado about nothing. OP need do nothing if they are staying at the same place as before. If and when they go to do their 90 day report, 90 days after re-entering, they may be asked at that point as to whether they are at the same address; they can issue an updated slip then. There is no penalty. 
Of course this is valid if your stay at the accommodation is continuous; e.g. words, you are still under the same accommodation contract/conditions. 
So all that can happen is that they send you to the other room to give you a newly dated notification. No negative connotation at all and no need to do anything until you are going to the Immigration office anyway. 
If they are moving to another place, it will be the responsibility of the house owner/landlord etc to register them. Again, no need for the OP to worry. 
I think some people here are getting old and full of worry…

Edited by NextG
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Felton Jarvis said:

Recent posts have mentioned that Jomtien Immigration want both TM30 and TM47 forms re-flied. Has this situation changed? 

Only if you are going to the Immigration Office anyway, say for an extension or 90 day report. At that point, they will refresh your TM.30. It seems this has gone over the heads of quite a few. I hope this puts their minds at rest. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, JimTripper said:

What happens if I stay at a hotel for a few days and they lodge a new TM30 with my passport at check-in? Do I need to get the landlord at my current long term rental to do another TM30 each time I stay at a hotel and return.

I hope not. I don't think they will keep sending TM30's each time I'm out of town.

NO !!

That old returning from out of the province nonsense was chopped ages ago.

The Pattaya Mail report is suggesting that (at Jomtien) you now need a 'current TM30' dated after your last entry into THAILAND if you wish to do 'any business with Immigration'.

2 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

NO !!

That old returning from out of the province nonsense was chopped ages ago.

The Pattaya Mail report is suggesting that (at Jomtien) you now need a 'current TM30' dated after your last entry into THAILAND if you wish to do 'any business with Immigration'.

Which they will do free of charge when the time comes…. Which is exactly what it means. 
In other words, best to have proof of where you are staying at that time just in case. 
But no need to go beforehand. 

9 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Yes, I went for many years without a TM30, and agree, if you had no need of anything from immigration, one could get away with it... I was always somewhat concerned doing my Extension each year, but I never had an issue. Then I got to the point of not wanting the stress, so started to get an agent to do my legwork.. never seemed to need much of anything! Recent feedback suggests they are now being stricter at Jomtien.... and fines get issued regularly. Bloody irritating as getting  to distant immigration within 24hours of flying half way round the world was not how I wanted to live. Jomtiem making up it's own interpretations is annoying too. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately every immigration is deferent so saying you dont need to do a new tm30 is not true

PHUKET requires a new tm 30 anytime u stay out of phuket at a hotel which files a tm 30

OR if you leave the country

easy to just do it online:
  https://tm30.immigration.go.th/tm30api/loginExternal.jsp?value=EXT&id=a57f17080938c12ec18918280ab1c296