Dom, captain of Wild Boars football team, killed himself at school in UK

webfact

11 hours ago, This Guy said:

I am just curious.
When a foreigner (farang) decides to end their life by a big jump or by other means, the comments are closed automatically by AN.
Now we have a young Thai who APPARENTLY chose the same end and comments are left open for all the foreigners to speculate and comment on.
Not criticizing, simply raising the question about a double standard

Thanks for your anticipated reply.

It's based on a bottom-line decision. Foreigners jumping from balconies don't really garner much interest, but the young guy in this case was well known - so please draw your own conclusion as to why. 

On 10/30/2023 at 9:56 AM, retarius said:

Very sad. I sincerely hope he wasn't being abused, as is so often the case in UK schools. I hope the police do a decent inquiry instead of just brushing it of with the "nobody could have foreseen..." comment, which looks like a cop out.

I did not realize the UK was worst than any other place wrt this. Or have you been reading Dickens of late. 

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I did not realize the UK was worst than any other place wrt this. Or have you been reading Dickens of late. 

I'm not sure there are any hard data on this, but I went to a private school and the bullying was quite extreme between the boarders and the day-boys on scholarships. There was also corporal punishment in those days. There were quite extreme rumours of abuse amongst the boarders....the rumours were centred  on the senior priest who was in charge of the place, and were proved to be true in 1992 (he had died in 1968) when several boys came forward. I will not name the institution here but if you can scan the archives of the Manchester Evening News from the early 1990s there were several articles detailing quite shocking sad-maschisitc sex. 

If you PM me I can provide more details