30 days extension in-country: Where + How?

Hello, i come to Thailand with a pre-bought 2-months-TR visa (single entry, already granted, EU passport). In-country i want to extend for another 30 days at

• a local immigration,
  • online or
  • by visa-run

In the last two weeks of those 2 months I will be in provincial capitals and have booked regular mid-range hotels. The hotels should be able to print the TM-30 form to prove my current accommodation to local Immigration.

I will have car and bicycle avaible to get to Immigration. Before covid, I did this 1-month-extension several times already, always upcountry, with funny moments and no stress.

Link: official list of Thai Immigration bureaus

So I wanted to ask you which place you recommend for extending, regarding timing and local habits:

1. day 45 of trip (around New Year): Uttaradit Immigration
  2. day 50: Tak Immigration (shortly after New Year)
  3. day 55: Mae Sot (seems no Imm. bureau there)
  4. Mae Sot border run (open?) (walk or bicycle)
  5. Online at https://thaiextension.vfsevisa.com/ (wary of online, do you have experience with that special EXTENSION site which seems to be private, but officially touted?)

Extending 1 month upcountry – still possible?

Just now I read on a bilingual Thaiembassy.org site that you can NOT get 1-month-extensions at Immigration upcountry, only in Bkk (no-no) or online?

After entering Thailand: Extension of stay (30 days)/change of visa type and re-entry permit can be applied for at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel. +66-(0)-2141-9889 or at http://www.immigration.go.th. The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.

There they do NOT mention getting 30 days extensions

Thanks!

Edited by henrik2000

1 hour ago, henrik2000 said:

Just now I read on a bilingual Thaiembassy.org site that you can NOT get 1-month-extensions at Immigration upcountry, only in Bkk (no-no) or online?

You CAN get the 30-day extension upcountry same as before Covid.

You just cannot get the "online" extension upcountry, as you'd still need to attend immigration in Bangkok to get the stamp.

• Like 2

Tak immigration does not have a good reputation, but there should be no problem with a 30-day extension anywhere. The border crossing at Maesot is currently closed, with no prospect of an early reopening. Enjoy your holiday. If you plan cycling around Tak province, I hope you are fit.

• Like 2

On 10/30/2023 at 5:30 PM, Caldera said:

You CAN get the 30-day extension upcountry same as before Covid.

You just cannot get the "online" extension upcountry, as you'd still need to attend immigration in Bangkok to get the stamp.

Thaiembassy.org is a 3rd party website. Do not rely on their info.

• Like 2