Keeping sim cards alive frequent visitor

surreybloke

3 minutes ago, ravip said:

To be honest, nothing seriously wrong.

The OP is only a regular visitor and he wants to retain one number.

So a regular SIM would serve his purpose very well.

Don’t be silly. It’s a scam. 

3 minutes ago, NextG said:

What fresh nonsense is this?

A reflection of your obsession 

2 minutes ago, NextG said:

Smart ones got both. Ask scubascuba and others..

Smart what? The above poster is suffered from a superiority complex 😃 who cares, it’s just a frik’n sim. Nice job impressing yourself😃

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Last time I tried, everytime I topped up 10/20 baht using SIM company app it extends by a month, can also do at 7 Eleven, also banking app, so do 12x topups etc

Yep, 12 Baht for a month for AIS (10 Baht credit, 2 Baht fee) at the little orange machines.

12*12 = 144.

20 Baht for a month at AIS self service machines (20 Baht credit, no fee).

At 7/11 counter there is no AIS topup possible since many years.

Rival company thrown out, True featured from the tycoon empire.

I think DTAC has an explicit extension fee?

Edited by KhunBENQ

3 minutes ago, novacova said:

A reflection of your obsession 

Smart what? The above poster is suffered from a superiority complex 😃 who cares, it’s just a frik’n sim. Nice job impressing yourself😃

People who both kept the their number and the promo. 
scubascuba being an example. In his case, moved to unlimited 4Mbps for 150 baht per month. I didn’t mention myself, though I moved to a similar deal including unlimited inclusive calls. Just telling you that it was possible to do both. Any pain to your ego you are feeling is being created by yourself. 

45 minutes ago, swerve said:

I think when I top up my SIM, with money, it is good for a year from that date.  I don't think you need a long-term data package.  Money in the account should be good enough.

It is a good idea to keep the same phone number so friends, dental clinics, etc. can continue to use your number.  If you are gone longer than a year, you can get a friend in Thailand to top up your account. 

I also have a prepaid Dtac sim where the credit is valid for 1 year from the date of top-up. Perhaps it is some kind of privilege for having the sim for a long time (over 14 years). I last topped the sim up on 1st July 2023 and the credit is valid until 1st July 2024.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I also have a prepaid Dtac sim where the credit is valid for 1 year from the date of top-up. Perhaps it is some kind of privilege for having the sim for a long time (over 14 years). I last topped the sim up on 1st July 2023 and the credit is valid until 1st July 2024.

From the ‘Happy’ DTAC days 

• Thumbs Up 1