Heads Up ! Bangkok Bank GONE Phetchabun Big C

CharlieH

Just a quick heads up for those that don't know, the Bangkok Bank branch situated in Big C Phetchabun has gone.

First we saw the Tesco Lotus branch go, replaced later with Mr DIY.Now the Big C branch has gone.

To my knowledge that just leaves the big building in the town as the last and only option. 

Fortunately, one only has cause to visit the bank for new bank books and at visa extension time for Immigration purposes. ATMs are plentiful.

The most disturbing change within Thai banking is the restriction of using only ONE device for online banking requirements. I used both an iPhone and an iPad to carry out transactions on Thai banking apps which is now unavailable due to Thai 1.0 banking security. My UK banks have no such restrictions and have far better security features, thank goodness.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2023 at 2:09 PM, CharlieH said:

Just a quick heads up for those that don't know, the Bangkok Bank branch situated in Big C Phetchabun has gone.

First we saw the Tesco Lotus branch go, replaced later with Mr DIY.Now the Big C branch has gone.

To my knowledge that just leaves the big building in the town as the last and only option. 

and best option IMO.

these little satellite branches are not much use for anything.

16 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

and best option IMO.

these little satellite branches are not much use for anything.

Actually they were extensively used by merchants for obtaining and depositing cash from what I observed.  As cash goes electronic and cash deposit machines become available such bank branch's become redundant.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually they were extensively used by merchants for obtaining and depositing cash from what I observed.  As cash goes electronic and cash deposit machines become available such bank branch's become redundant.  

yeah, that's all their good for, cash in / out.

Overseas transfers - forget it.

this is not in the city i'm on about.

8 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Agreed, and that particular branch always seemed to be busy with an average wait of around 20 minutes if you needed counter service. The loss of the ATM there also means there is now just ONE ATM (kreung Thai)in that Big C.