Marriage Affirmation At UK Embassy Bangkok - Documents?

UKJASE

Hi Guys, I hope you can help me please.

I am from UK, my fiance is Thai

I have an appointment at the UK Embassy Bangkok next week, for an Affirmation To Marry, and Passport Certification

The online application process has instructed me to bring the following documents, and i am not sure i have exactly what they need.

The application asked for these 2 documents

"1 - Original decree absolute or PDF and covering letter or email from the court. For all divorces registered outside the UK, you will need to provide evidence that you or your former spouse were resident or a national of the country where the divorce took place

2 - (if stating a Thai address on your affirmation) Original yellow book or pink ID card"

So, I have my decree absolute (thai divorce certificate), but i dont have a covering letter from a court (we didnt go to court to divorce) or an email.  Will my divorce certificate be enough? 

Also what is "evidence that you or your former spouse were resident or a national of the country"?  Is a Thai Divorce certificate evidence enough that we (she) was a Thai resident (or do i need a copy of ex wife ID card)?

Also, regarding point 2, i dont have a yellow book, or pink ID card, but i do live in thailand.  Will this cause a problem?  is there anything else i could use for proof of address? Maybe something from my local immigration office?

Not even married yet and things are hard work 🐵

hoping someone can advise.....  khop kuhn khrap

just an update guys - i emailed the embassy and they replied quickly, and this was their answer regarding my upcoming appt

"We can confirm that the Affirmation of marital status, and certification of a copy of your passport, can be done during the one appointment

Furthermore, please bring the original Thai divorce document (there is no need for a covering letter).

As you have used your Thai address on the affirmation application you need to provide us with a document from our list of acceptable documents for proof of address. Please see the list within our Notarial and Document Services page for Thailand on GOV.UK.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand#what-supporting-documents-you-need-to-provide (after reading - driving licence UK is enough)

However, as you do not have a Tabien Baan (Yellow Book) or pink ID card, please check with the district office to ensure they will accept the affirmation with a Thai address. Alternatively, you can bring proof of address outside of Thailand and it can be changed on the application during your appointment."

we went to our local amphur in hua hin and they dont require i bring pink card / yellow book

so, pretty standard paperwork required, and not as complex as i read when looking at the embassy website