Is friend entitled to pink ID card - How to get it issued?

scorecard

15 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I have lived with my GF near P'lok since 2012. I went several years ago to ask for Yellow Book / Pink Card but was told that we MUST be married. Went again three months ago, same Amphur man who said the same, but when I pulled him and showed some legislation which says marriage is not necessary, he relented and after 4 visits and one from our village head man, it was issued. Obviously Passport, TM30, Visa & Retirement Extension are needed, and GF's ID, house book. Free of charge in the end.

Yellow book is the key . Get that and you are entitled to the pink id. Just a heads up, some will disagree but in Chiang Mai they wanted a translated certified copy of my Australian drivers license.

16 hours ago, scorecard said:

Can someone please share some specific advise in this case on 'how to get the pink ID card.'

Thanks, appreciated

For Non PR

1. Passport copy certified by his Embassy, Translated into Thai + stamp by Thai MFA Chaengwattana.

2. Photos with blue background 1X1 inch , wearing Business attire/ suit with a neck tie.

3. Owner of the Blue Book must attend the District Office with him

4. Two Thai witness , must carry original Thai ID card

5. THB 60/- fee (Cash only)

Time required-

2-3 hrs. in Bkk, up to whole day upcountry.

15 minutes ago, Albaby said:

Yellow book is the key . Get that and you are entitled to the pink id. Just a heads up, some will disagree but in Chiang Mai they wanted a translated certified copy of my Australian drivers license.

Ha ha ha. What for?

And if you only had a Thai one?

Edited by KannikaP

14 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Two good advantages you two cite. Getting ready to move into new house with my Thai wife and Stepdaughter. I think I will get a Pink Card after the move.

I am registered at the hospitals with mine. Got the yellow book in 2010, pink card came a few years later and I changed hospital registrations. One hospital I use takes your passport and passes it around with the docs. Using the ID card it becomes same as a Thai, they put it in a plastic sleeve and staple it to the docs, much better arrangement.

When the pandemic came along the hospital where I see the cardiologist put me on Mor Phrom, I didn't have to do anything. I was vaccinated about 9am the day the vaccine rollout started while most others were complaining that they were being left out of it.

Go for it, you never know what is round the corner.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

For Non PR

1. Passport copy certified by his Embassy, Translated into Thai + stamp by Thai MFA Chaengwattana.

2. Photos with blue background 1X1 inch , wearing Business attire/ suit with a neck tie.

3. Owner of the Blue Book must attend the District Office with him

4. Two Thai witness , must carry original Thai ID card

5. THB 60/- fee (Cash only)

Time required-

2-3 hrs. in Bkk, up to whole day upcountry.

You can only speak for yourself.

I had no passport translation, only one photo taken at time, no suit or tie.

Blue book doesn't come into it for a new build.

No witnesses or any fee, other than a few baht photocopy.

One thing I have never heard anyone else mention, I had to wait 6 weeks while they did a police check.

35 minutes ago, gomangosteen said:

Banks, and individual branches of banks, may have their own 'rules'. I switched banks to Kasikorn in September, they had set requirements to open a new account - passport with visa, yellow book, pink ID card. Easy process then.

Last month the fuel pump on my motorbike died, fortunately near a repair place open on a Sunday afternoon. They couldn't source a new Yamaha one till Monday, left it there, found a motorbike rental place, not in a tourist area , the only ID they'd accept was either the Thai or foreigner pink card. Away I went on a Scoopy 24hrs for 310baht.

It's also requested on entries for running events I enter, have five between now and February and part of the online registration process.

For me, at least, useful. 

And it cost 60 baht.

Not the case in Pattaya. Last April my wife's Thai friend came to visit for a few weeks from Sweden. She wanted to rent a motorbike whilst she was here. My wife drove here around all afternoon without success. No Thai only Farang was the standard reply.

1 hour ago, jayboy said:

And that in a nutshell is the issue with the Pink Card.

Having said that I have had no problem in using the Pink Card to book into 5 star hotels.But in any kind of transaction with banks such as opening accounts it's probably sensible to take the passport along as well.

My experience at Bangkok Bank in Pattaya at the branch where my account resides, I offered the pink ID card for ID at a teller transaction. It has my face and Udon Thani address on it. She smiled sweetly, and politely declined, requesting my passport, which I didn't have with me. I offered my Thai DL which has my Udon Thani address and passport number on it and that was accepted.

The only time my pink card has leveraged anything was when I was securing a car note (finance) but it was more belt-and-braces for the finance company than a mandatory requirement. Typical Thai bureaucracy where they simply wanted signed copies of as many things as possible that identified me.

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

My experience at Bangkok Bank in Pattaya at the branch where my account resides, I offered the pink ID card for ID at a teller transaction. It has my face and Udon Thani address on it. She smiled sweetly, and politely declined, requesting my passport, which I didn't have with me. I offered my Thai DL which has my Udon Thani address and passport number on it and that was accepted.

The only time my pink card has leveraged anything was when I was securing a car note (finance) but it was more belt-and-braces for the finance company than a mandatory requirement. Typical Thai bureaucracy where they simply wanted signed copies of as many things as possible that identified me.

I think the pink ID card is only accepted in the province it is issued in...

It cannot be used as an identity card.

Couple of other things.

It is written on the back of the card.......🤭