Nonthaburi: Teenage girl arrested for promoting underage prostitution on Twitter

webfact

7 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You clearly don't see that promoting an illegal business on social media where millions might see it, including the authorities, is just plain dumb. That says a lot about you, I'm afraid.

In your rush to point score you have missed the point. That is exactly what I AM saying - that her immaturity shows by the fact that she is stupid enough to advertise on Twitter.

• Haha 1

On 11/5/2023 at 11:32 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

That says a lot about you, I'm afraid

Looking through lots of your comments on various threads you don't seem to be able to construct a reply without getting personal do you?  Are you unable to make reasoned remarks without doing that?  If not, then what does that say about you? Do you feel the need to 'score points'?

Disagree if you like, that's your right.  I can't and don't say I'm right, I simply give my views without making personal comments about the poster. You know nothing about me nor I of you, yet you feel able to comment on my personality???

Just stick to the subject and make sensible comments, put your views forward, that's what's called for - nothing more.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, QuantumQuandry said:

Adult or not, I understood the consequences of violating laws that had extreme consequences, like pimping UA girls.

With respect, you are not (at least I think you're not) a 19 year old Thai girl. They are well known for being less mature than their Western counterparts.  Counterparts who, I would remind you, most likely don't come from a country where prostitution is rife and where some might say, almost accepted.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

Looking through lots of your comments on various threads you don't seem to be able to construct a reply without getting personal do you?  Are you unable to make reasoned remarks without doing that?  If not, then what does that say about you? Do you feel the need to 'score points'?

Disagree if you like, that's your right.  I can't and don't say I'm right, I simply give my views without making personal comments about the poster. You know nothing about me nor I of you, yet you feel able to comment on my personality???

Just stick to the subject and make sensible comments, put your views forward, that's what's called for - nothing more.

Thank you for your comments, and for apparently taking so much time to read through my submissions. We'll just have to agree to disagree about whether advertising an illegal business, which the law here might see as human trafficking (it isn't) on social media is a really, really stupid thing to do. You appear to claim the girl isn't stupid as there might be extenuating circumstances and that she, as an employee, might have been doing what she was told to do. I don't think so, so we'll have to agree to disagree on that too. I asked you what you base that point of view on and I assume it is nothing, because that was your response.

The views you put forward concerning me are that I have a very shallow attitude, and I have narrow and ignorant points of view, yet you accuse me of getting personal against you. That's funny. Kettle black. No doubt the mods will be along shortly to remove our comments.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, QuantumQuandry said:

Lastly, prostitution may be accepted but underage prostitution certainly is not.  Otherwise, we wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place.

Underage prostitution involving girls from 16 up is a lot more common in Thailand than many might think - and used to be rife in the far North. In a lot of cases a blind eye is turned to it unless it involves younger girls.  Some of these girls are 'sold' by their parents.  Do some research - there are reports in Thai media on an almost monthly basis.

I also, didn't say it was accepted - I said 'from a country where prostitution is rife and where some might say, almost accepted' - meaning in Thailand by Thai people. To the best of my knowledge there are very few Thai nationals that are members here where 'this discussion' is taking place.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

Underage prostitution involving girls from 16 up is a lot more common in Thailand than many might think - and used to be rife in the far North. In a lot of cases a blind eye is turned to it unless it involves younger girls.  Some of these girls are 'sold' by their parents.  Do some research - there are reports in Thai media on an almost monthly basis.

I also, didn't say it was accepted - I said 'from a country where prostitution is rife and where some might say, almost accepted' - meaning in Thailand by Thai people. To the best of my knowledge there are very few Thai nationals that are members here where 'this discussion' is taking place.

No need to do research.  It is clear from the fact that we are having this discussion about a girl who was arrested...that it is not anywhere close to accepted, to Thais.

On 11/4/2023 at 2:36 PM, Gaccha said:

Because the state regime seeks a cooperative, quiet, compliant, uncomplaining population. Critical thinking undermines their submissive obedience to the hierarchy and traditions.

image.jpeg.b80a4808a881d821f328cf8943882d32.jpeg

16 hours ago, QuantumQuandry said:

No need to do research.  It is clear from the fact that we are having this discussion about a girl who was arrested...that it is not anywhere close to accepted, to Thais.

Jeez, we are not Thai.  Do you actually live in Thailand and if so, do you mix with Thai people?  Its much the same as a hell of a lot of middle class Thai blokes having a Mia Noi - known about, not particularly well liked but many just accept it happens.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

Jeez, we are not Thai.  Do you actually live in Thailand and if so, do you mix with Thai people?  Its much the same as a hell of a lot of middle class Thai blokes having a Mia Noi - known about, not particularly well liked but many just accept it happens.

Again, if it was accepted, she wouldn't have been arrested and we wouldn't be having this discussion.  You can say whatever you want but nothing has changed that fact.

• Like 1