Is Thai medicine a shotgun?

Lacessit

32 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

Just saying in the West, I don't think a GP is allowed to administer such a medicine.

And therefore, I wouldn't take it. 

The culture is different, Thais do not question what doctors prescribe. I am not inclined to interfere in that process, it would only confuse my GF.

OTOH, I check every medication I am prescribed here. If I think it is unnecessary, I don't take it.

For example, I have check cystoscopies here and in Australia. The urologist here routinely prescribes a post-op antibiotic, the urologist in Australia has never done so. Permit me to doubt their sterility protocols are that different.

• Thumbs Up 1

While these medications do raise my eyebrows, it's not entirely unreasonable. There could be additional context that justifies these prescriptions. Unfortunately, as internet users, we may never have access to that context, and thus, we may never fully understand whether these prescriptions are justified or not.

1 hour ago, save the frogs said:

Just saying in the West, I don't think a GP is allowed to administer such a medicine.

And therefore, I wouldn't take it. 

No such rules in US certainly. Any medical doctor can prescribe any legal mefication. Including for off label use.

The drug in question has nonpsychiatric uses. Many pysch meds do. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

No such rules in US certainly. Any medical doctor can prescribe any legal mefication. Including for off label use.

The drug in question has nonpsychiatric uses. Many pysch meds do. 

Ok, I didn't know that.

I'm sure OP will appreciate your clarification.