Trail wildlife cameras

oporhatch

I was looking for some thoughts about trail wildlife cameras for my farm , which has no electric or Wifi

I am looking at cameras as somebody has been stealing the rubber and at a first attempt wanted to see if trail cameras would be any use 

My first attempt was a lazada special 600Bhat , but this has currently not got past the testing phase as it takes about 10 photos and videos and then the rest are corrupt 

Therefore I was hoping somebody may have some thoughts/experiences around this topic and also could advise me of their experiences and 

what wildlife cameras they used .

Was originally looking for something cheap as a test  and also incase it got spotted and stolen 

any info experiences would be much appreciated

Or even might be able to resolve my photo/video isssue.  I am currently formatting a new SD card and going to try that out later today 

regards 

• Like 1

A key point is the sensing distance. Mine is about 8 or 9 metres and takes 4 still pics  each trigger. Not sure about the video length,

It is a NEXTECH, model qc-8051,    is 4K,  quite expensive and the 8 x AA alkalaine cells last really well, like 5000 pics? or 8 days of being switched on with thousands of pics. roughly.

Sometimes there are at least 800 pics at 1.4mb pics each on the 128gb SD card I had handy to install.

Under some conditions the temporary dull glow from a 65 x 40 square of red I/R? LEDS could be a giveaway during dark hours if the human intruders were looking that way.     Screw thread to a small swivel,  mounted on a brick.

Really happy with mine. Cropped pic triggered from 10 m.

IM_06594.JPG.c2a6ed7e9ff2a75279b2894f6eca7519.JPG

Edited by Jing Joe
typo + pic
  • Thumbs Up 1

There is a wildlife site on Facebook and a standalone website with trail camera in Alaska. The pics and videos are amazing.

The name of the camera: Browning trail camera. Recon Force advantage is the model/  Check with Amazon. Skip Lazada if you want something good. I have one from Lazada that is basically un-usable.

The shop closed a day after I got it, so no returns. It takes 2 pics  that are fair, the rest are overexposed white screen. Cost me about 3K THB.

Edited by PeterA
  • Like 1

We have game cameras in the US for hunting which take pictures and upload via phone providers but seem to be aligned with US companies.  Not sure if they would work here or can be adapted for Thailand providers.  Moultrie brand which works fine.  Uses batteries and uploads every three hours or you can set to instant upload if you want real time pictures.  They have other models which do not upload so you can go download from the SD card whenever you want.  If used where you live can be daily.  Happy with Moultrie products.  There are a number of similar brands.  Suggest you mount a bit high so that people do not steal or notice them easily.