Popular Russian Occupied Buildings?

Banana7

12 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I saw one today putting her shopping in the boot of her car, I got a flash as the wind blew her skirt up, 

dirty "old" (assuming/joking u r old)  man  555

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

Yes. I lived in a nice block on a small lane, not really a soi, between soi 4 and 5 in Pratamnak. Many Russian inhabitants. Never had a problem with any of them.  One of the ladies in the management office was Russian and the agent was Russian. Nice people! Please don't make your minds up before getting acquainted. Not all Russians support or even like Putin. I meet a number in the spa I frequent. Again, all approachable and happy to chat, language permitting. But there again, I'm an inveterate "where are you from" annoying bxxxer!

I worked with Russians for over 20 years and got along very well with them. 

Russians have very dark humour and I strongly advise against drinking with them.  If a drunk Russian asks "do you respect me?" It's time to get the hell out of there.  It's like a switch goes off in their heads and they suddenly snap.  The women can be beautiful and charming, but can be difficult to manage.  Nowhere as bad as Iranian women though. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

Good advice.  I lived in Russia for some time; while there is much I like about the country and the culture there is definitely a dark side to the "Russian soul."  Many Westerners make the mistake of seeing white skin and thinking "They're just like us.  Why can't we get along?  I'm sure they want the same things we do."  They're NOT just like us -- they are Asians, NOT Europeans, and they have deeply ingrained paranoia, xenophobia, and subservience to authority.  For the better educated... perhaps the best single thing to note is that the Enlightenment never occurred in Russia.  In terms of mentality, they are probably much closer to a 12th-century European than a modern Western person.

Tolstoy described the Russian peasants to a "T" in "War and Peace".  

One story I will relate was from a coworker from Belarus who left when it was still part of the USSR.

He said that every ship had a political officer and there were regular meetings where they said what was expected of them as quickly as possible so they could get on with talking about life: girls, their kids back on shore, family, normal healthy things as opposed to arguing about politics. 

"We had propaganda, you've read that <deleted>, but none of us believed it. We didn't hate the Americans or want them dead, we were curious about them and admired how they lived.  Then I got here and there is propaganda everywhere (f ing CNN) and the people here in the West believe that <deleted>. We never believed any of it.  The people in the West hate us, but we didn't hate them".  This man was deeply shocked and hurt by the amount of hatred directed at him and his countrymen for no apparent reason.  This was 20 years ago. 

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Depends, I'm in Pratumnak, don't see many Russians 

I live in the midst of them there Soi 1 by sky gallery the neighborhood is full of them I call it Soi Rusky , open your eyes they are all over the pools in string bikinis 

43 minutes ago, Irish star said:

I live in the midst of them there Soi 1 by sky gallery the neighborhood is full of them I call it Soi Rusky , open your eyes they are all over the pools in string bikinis 

Like I say depends where you live, I see no more than other farang

• Like 1

"They're NOT just like us -- they are Asians, NOT Europeans"

Not so at all;

"In the 18th and 19th centuries, French was a common language among upper class Russians. The impetus came from Peter the Great's orientation of Russia towards Europe and accelerated after the French Revolution."

Unwashed lower class spoke Russian. Then came revolution and French speaking heads were rolling to Neva river...

Russia is a big country. There are all kind of races and different looking people.

They seem to be quiet now in pattaya. No problems at all. They understand there isn't many safe havens left and don't rock the boat.

12 hours ago, jippytum said:

Wongamat area north Pattaya is to be avoided. 

I disagree.  Some of the nicest condo projects in Pattaya are in Wong Amat, including The Cove, Northpoint, The Palm, Saranchoi, Zire, and others.  North Pattaya/Wong Amat has also attracted a lot of the new development the past few years--Terminal 21, Centre Point Space, Arom Wong Amat, Ozo Hotel, etc.  New signs up recently for a large highrise project coming near The Cove.