Is a condominium considered private property here and are there trespassing laws?

If some random person is coming into a condo complex and harassing people, asked to leave and doesn't, is this trespassing in Thailand? And does the police do anything about it?

Goggling it in the west, it's a crime, "aggravated trespassing or criminal trespassing" and it is a criminal offence.

I'm just wondering how it's handled if you were to call the police, has anyone any experience?

I know TIT, but would like to know what our rights are in this case. 

Edited by Airwolf

1 hour ago, tomazbodner said:

In our condo they called the cops to remove illegal airbnb tenants who weren't reported to juristic office for obvious reasons, but were making noise whole night and their neighbours complained. They were booked for trespassing and after police took them away, I haven't seen them again.

So there must be a way to use trespassing laws.

Good to hear

On 11/5/2023 at 11:23 PM, tomazbodner said:

In our condo they called the cops to remove illegal airbnb tenants who weren't reported to juristic office for obvious reasons, but were making noise whole night and their neighbours complained. They were booked for trespassing and after police took them away, I haven't seen them again.

So there must be a way to use trespassing laws.

While there may be some violations of regulations, such as TM30 or condominium rules, it is unlikely that criminal laws are being broken. The only exceptions would be if someone were engaging in public nudity, drinking in public places, or causing other disturbances that could be inside the criminal code.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, YaDongImproved said:

While there may be some violations of regulations, such as TM30 or condominium rules, it is unlikely that criminal laws are being broken. The only exceptions would be if someone were engaging in public nudity, drinking in public places, or causing other disturbances that could be inside the criminal code.

No, I'm talking about random, uninvited people coming in off the street, harassing residents. Cut and dry criminal trespassing in the West, but, TIT.

49 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

Sections 362 through 366 of the Thai Criminal Code describe the offense of trespassing.

Thanks, this would be the particular law, 

Section 362. Trespass

Whoever, entering into the immovable property belonging to the other person so as to take possession of such property in whole or in any part or entering into such property to do any act disturbing the peaceful possession of such person, shall be imprisoned not out of one year or fined not more of two thousand Baht, or both.

That said, having a law, and having it enforced are 2 different things. Hopefully it doesn't have to come to that, but we'll see if it does.