The Black Mamba, Kamala

The Devil's Bar, Kamala

O'Hara's Pub, Cherng Talay

The Sunrise Bar, Cape Panwa

Many thanks - Once again 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, eezergood said:

google is your friend........

i think it is more of a commonwealth thing... if memory serves me right the americans [i am canadian] dont really follow this tradition. 

"Can I wear a poppy in the US?

In the United States, Americans don't typically wear poppies on November 11 (Veterans Day), which honors all living veterans. Instead, they wear the symbolic red flower on Memorial Day—the last Monday in May—to commemorate the sacrifice of so many men and women who have given their lives fighting for their country."

26 minutes ago, eezergood said:

google is your friend........

Obviously I searched with Google, but I didn't find anything that put me on the right path, in fact I found rather imaginative definitions.
I think that Google works differently depending on the nationality, the language and the place from which it is consulted.
I am sorry.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, federicoP said:

Obviously I searched with Google, but I didn't find anything that put me on the right path, in fact I found rather imaginative definitions.
I think that Google works differently depending on the nationality, the language and the place from which it is consulted.
I am sorry.

When i did a search I also got the plant from which opium was derived. 

So I also just learned a new thing 

Picture below from our 2022 vacation

Could contain:

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

i think it is more of a commonwealth thing... if memory serves me right the americans [i am canadian] dont really follow this tradition. 

"Can I wear a poppy in the US?

In the United States, Americans don't typically wear poppies on November 11 (Veterans Day), which honors all living veterans. Instead, they wear the symbolic red flower on Memorial Day—the last Monday in May—to commemorate the sacrifice of so many men and women who have given their lives fighting for their country."

Sadly it is not as widely practiced as I believe it should be. 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, federicoP said:

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a "poppy" ?

Apart from the herbaceous plant with beautiful flowers that I already knew, I found the following definitions:

A girl who has a very bubbly personality and is very talkative.

A slang word give to older males in latino gangs as a sign of respect

- Usually a very 'slaggy' girl who attracts men
- A transgender gay male who loves oral sex

I suppose that none of these definitions corresponds to what eezergood is looking for.....

From the title of just one word, could have meant anything. Maybe a bit of brain cramp crept in, to prevent a proper question. 

14 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

Sadly poppy wearers are now being criticized incase they 'offend' a certain religion in our country. 

Two poppy wearers proudly wear their poppies and were verbally abused and the unruly mob tried to prevent them from catching their tube, didn't end well for one gob of the hate mob. 

14 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

Sadly poppy wearers are now being criticized incase they 'offend' a certain religion in our country. 

Two poppy wearers proudly wear their poppies and were verbally abused and the unruly mob tried to prevent them from catching their tube, didn't end well for one gob of the hate mob. 

good for them!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

I would be proud to wear a poppy if any instances required it, provided it was to pay homage to the fallen soldiers of the first and second world wars, but not the British army who were involved in atrocities under the old British Empire.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

17 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

Much more needed.

Well done lads. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

Another mindless attack by yobs or others on a Edinburgh war memorial, disturbing times we are living through.🥴

_127630889_mediaitem127628884.jpg.webp

I’m in Bristol UK , already had some guy In Palestinian garb sat on the cenotaph here playing Islamic prayer on a loud speaker . Considering how many deluded students doing degrees in useless subjects live centrally ,I’m pretty sure it’s a matter of time before this one is vandalised .  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, Wobblybob said:

I don't want to turn this topic into a bickering fest, just remember those young men and many boys that died to give people like you free speech. This is about the first and second world war, have some respect!

That is exactly what I said in my post, I have every respect for the fallen of the first and second world wars.

• Confused 2