Is this a proper computer?

Daffy D

Bit of a daft question, I know but bear with me.

To stop her commandeering my PC I need another computer for my youngest kid. She does some homework on it and plays some simple kiddy games so don't need anything fancy.

I don't want to pay for something like a laptop, so while browsing Lazada came across this cheap second hand Mini Pc.

I have keyboard, mouse and monitor laying around from previous upgrades on my PC, so am hoping this Mini Pc will be all I need to put a full PC together.

It has WiFi so that will save running a extra LAN cable. 

What do you think, would this work for me?

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/mini-pc-i4831860551-s20788104352.html?

FrontBack.jpg.ecd9917d4650fcea4a32940306e1aa2a.jpg

Second hand computer, very good condition, good value for money. For office or home looking for a cheap computer with good quality. All grading machines have 120 machines.

Promotion Buy a device from Inverno-Cloud with Remote Support service to solve problems for 1 full month. 

CPU : Intel Core i5-6400T
Hard disk: 500 GB
RAM DDR4 8 GB
Display Port + VGA
Size : 19.2 x 3.32 x 20.4 cm.
USB: 3 front and 3 rear
Built-in WIFI and Bluetooth connectivity
Wifi + Bluetooth
Genuine win10 pro os

1 month machine warranty with Service Remote or give advice on usage and programs with professional support team free for 1 full month. 

Mouse not included Keyboard & Monitor

:smile:

• Thumbs Up 2

I  think you got it wrong, for kids you need more power than your own computer, higher CPU, memory and  graphics card. I know what I am talking about I got two girls addicted on high quality graphics...

Could contain:

Edited by Ben Zioner
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Crossy said:

We have a couple of even older machines that are doing their job just fine having been given an SSD. Spend the extra 500 Baht for the one with the SSD.

MS Office and web surfing no trouble.

I agree with that.  I added an SSD to a slug-slow laptop and it made a world of difference.
And as Crossy inferred, it depends what software you plan to run on it.  If its a gaming system?  You are wayyyyyy under-powered.  If for doing homework.  It will be just fine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, degrub said:

What is the child used to now for a PC ?

what age group is the child ?
it will be tough if the childs phone plays games faster than the PC.

Very good point, what is the youngster used to now (i.e. what is your current machine)?

You are really going to need something equivalent to your PC or she may be disappointed.

Why not treat yourself to a new machine? That's how I've always handled upgrades, the older, slower bits trickle down to the more lowly tasks (we have 4 desktops and 2 lappies in the house).