Savannakhet (or others) offering ME non-O spouse visa & transport

A few months ago a member asked which embassies/consulates offer this visa. The thread went off on a bit of a tangent and  I only saw HCM, Savannakhet an undated pdf link to Kuala Lumpur.

Saigon return flights coming in at 4500B - used to be 2500B - and I can't find reports of anyone doing it there this year. Fees list on website mention it though, 200usd (7100 Baht !)

Savannakhet looking the best option. Strange their website under visa section does not mention the ME at all

https://savannakhet.thaiembassy.org/th/publicservice/non-immigrant-visa-o-visiting-family-member-of-a-thai-nationality-a-sp?page=5d84a44c15e39c26b400453e&menu=5d84a44c15e39c26b4004569

but it is mentioned under the fees section, at 5000B

Anyone know if there are taxis/white van from either Nakhon Phanom or Roi-et to Mukdahan at about 7.30-8.00pm. There are earlier flights, but I can't use them. Ubon looks too far and I want to guarantee being in Mukdahan on the night, to ensure minimal days for getting the visa finished.

I know Nok Air do a fly-drive (mentioned before somewhere in TV), but they release those dual-tickets on the 1st of each month - and I don't want to wait for a few days before, when flight prices have doubled. Very odd system.   As soon as the transport issue is solved - or someone says Phnom Penh or Penang are doing these - I can book flights. 

If you want late night transport to Mukdahan (and are not using the Nok Air or Air Asia fly-ride tickets) then Ubon is really your best option.

Personally, because it connects perfectly with the first bus from Mukdahan to Savannakhet in the morning, I have usually taken the overnight VIP bus from Bangkok. I say this as someone who hates long distance buses.

• Like 1

I found Jakarta, 6400B.  HCM and Indonesia are a bit far and expensive for it not to work out.

Savannakhet Oct 24 2023 reported as "not issuing ME visas anymore". Poster did not say denied. It's on the consulates reviews in Google. 

Would embassies reply to an email and would any reply this week, be valid by the time you turn up at the embassy door?

Might have to reduce my expectations to just getting a 90 day single entry non-O at Vientiane - followed by the 12 month extension - or if not ready - 60 day extension. At least the online booking will make the queuing easier than Savannakhet. When I looked, the queue booking system only showed a couple of weeks, so that screws up buying cheap flights in advance. Whereas HCM shows several months of bookable appointments.