Hotel or service apartment as residence for Non-O first 1 year extension of stay? (Chang Wattana)

I will be returning to CW get my first extension of permission to stay now that I have the Non-O for purpose of retirement 90 day stamp issued.

Question:

I have not nailed down a long term residence in Bangkok yet. Still trying out some places on a month to month basis. Might even stay one or two months in a hotel while I get something I like. Will that be a probem  at Chang Wattana Division 1 extension desk L? (I was told to go to desk L) I will be going to the L desk for my 1st 1 year retirement extension of permission to stay. Will they accept a hotel  or service apartmentTM-30 along with invoice and receipts or a serviced apartment invoice/receipts?

26 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Why should they not accept it?

If I new I would not be asking the question. Anyone with experience doing the 1st extension of stay (WITHOUT AN AGENT) please reply.

Perhaps there is a previous post or check list available showing  exactly what paper work Change Wattana Division 1 wants at desk L for the first extension of stay? That would be greatly appreciated.

For all further replies to this thread, I humbly ask only those who have experience with doing their own retirement visa extension of stay or those well versed in the procedures at Chang Wattana please reply.

Edited by likerdup1

1 hour ago, likerdup1 said:

I have not nailed down a long term residence in Bangkok yet.

CW have been shown to be more flexible on the lease requirement.

An explanation that you are currently deciding on long term option for where to sign a lease.

Minimum would be to have screenshot of your current condo TM30.

In similar threads some have suggested doing a "tear up lease" 

Pretty sure CW will accept that you are still looking for a suitable condo in Bangkok. 

Apply for extension as soon as your funds have been seasoned and if there is an issue you will still have time to sort out what the io is requesting. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

From what I understand "seasoned" for the first extension of stay is two months after funds were deposited? Is that correct? thank you Dr. Jack.

Yes 2 months.

When folk do same path as yourself and obtain the non O in Thailand, that visa gives a 90 day permission of stay.

Then you apply for 12 month extension in the last 30 days of that permit with funds having been in bank for 2 months +

After your extension is granted you need to maintain 800k minimum for next 3 months.

Then can go as low as 400k and back up to 800k prior to next extension.

Many opt to maintain 800k all year round in a dedicated bank account for extension purposes 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Yes 2 months.

When folk do same path as yourself and obtain the non O in Thailand, that visa gives a 90 day permission of stay.

Then you apply for 12 month extension in the last 30 days of that permit with funds having been in bank for 2 months +

Thank you, I had done it in Pattaya 3 times over the last 11 years or so but never CW and of course the requirements are ever evolving . Actually even though CW is crowded the process is a lot smoother and they appear to follow the rules. Where Jomtien Soi 5 is a bit different. Anyway, on the home stretch of getting 1 year. Unfortunately I will be going to CW in Mid December as that is about 30 days before expiration of the Non-O.

Funny, They gave me 90 days from the application date and not the date I arrived for the stamp. I'm hoping the 12 months will be from the expiration date of my Non-O and not application date of the extension :saai:

. Actually even though CW is crowded the process is a lot smoother and they appear to follow the rules

You can make appointment for extension at CW.

The previous online appointments has been replaced by this site...

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/onlineservice-and-publicguide/ 

The appointment system works a charm at CW.

Remember to take hard copy of your confirmation email.

CW closes for lunch 12-1pm..

On the lower level there are the banks (SCB no branch at CW) and photocopy stalls. 

They also do photos 4 snaps for 100b

Edited by DrJack54

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You can make appointment for extension at CW.

The previous online appointments has been replaced by this site...

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/onlineservice-and-publicguide/ 

The appointment system works a charm at CW.

Remember to take hard copy of your confirmation email.

CW closes for lunch 12-1pm..

On the lower level there are the banks (SCB no branch at CW) and photocopy stalls. 

They also do photos 4 snaps for 100b

Thanks, yes I used the Bangkok bank there and the photocopy shop down stairs.. I found the new queue system already ... problem there are only bookings available in early December.. must be a lot of people doing extensions in December.. gonna have to wait in line :-(

Edited by likerdup1

Thanks, yes I used the Bangkok bank there and the photocopy shop down stairs.. I found the new queue system already ... problem there are only bookings available in early December.. must be a lot of people doing extensions in December.. gonna have to wait in line :-(

Could contain:

4 hours ago, likerdup1 said:

One cannot make the extension application 1 or 2 weeks after Non O stamp is given. Has to be after Dec 15 for me.. No appointments available.

You will need to wait until nearer December 15 for the appointment slots for that period to be opened up.

On 11/14/2023 at 8:30 AM, bamnutsak said:

The Appointment "window" is + 30 days.

There are just a handful of ret/marriage extension slots per day. I'd book a slot at 00:01 on the first day your target date is available.

Yes, I see that now viewing the current open appointments in Dec. Not sure why they do this but it is handy to know to "time" my attempt to make an appointment. Thanks kindly for the insightful help.