TR 60 day extension ONLINE

I have entered with the 60 day TR VISA. Has anybody got experience with the online visa extension for 30 days? Does it work and/or is it compulsory to do it online? Or can you still just show up at the immigration office with your paperwork. Thanks so much.

The general consensus is that the "online extension" through VFS is pretty useless. You will still need to attend Immigration. All they really do is verify that your paperwork is correct, and make an appointment for the visit to the immigration office. The last I checked, this service was also only available in Bangkok. The only benefit of this hand holding procedure by VFS is that it reduces the chance of a wasted visit to Immigration resulting from not having the correct documents.

If you need to be assisted through the application for an extension, although a little more expensive, I would suggest you look for an agent who tend to do it better, and who support applying at more immigration offices.

If doing the extension yourself, try to make an appointment to minimise waiting. At any rate, there is absolutely no objection if you just want to turn up as in the past. It will just take longer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, make an appointment (works well) 

You may/will require a screenshot of TM30 and basic copies of pp pages.

Which immigration office? 

It is immigration in Phangnga.

In any case thanks so much for your comments.