The Observer view on Suella Braverman: a home secretary who undermines the police has no place in government

CharlieH

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

It is true that the marches in previous weeks have contained unsavoury elements: there have been a relatively small number of arrests, including for offences related to terrorism and inciting racial hatred

Small number of arrests does not mean that there haven't been large number of incidents.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

But it’s all you’ve got.

Just watched a battle between these so called peace protesters between another set of loons, they were knocking the living daylights out of each other whilst being encircled by riot police, of course the police just looked on and did nothing, I'll see if I can dig it out for you, you should be as dismayed as I was. Policing 2023 style is no use nor ornament.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Don’t bother sending your social media stuff to me, pass it to the police, or share it across whatever corner of the internet you went looking to find it.

Who knows, maybe a search algorithm has spotted your interests and is now feeding you that which it figures you want to see.

Don't have to send my findings to the police they were there watching it, too much trouble for them to do their job and why do your job when you can get paid for doing nothing.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Thanks for the reply George, I'll get back to you after I've deciphered it.🥴

4 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Thanks for the reply George, I'll get back to you after I've deciphered it.🥴

Stephen Christopher Yaxley-lennon goes by the false name Tom Robinson, as he seems to be shamed by his own view.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RayC said:

Are all UK police forces politically motivated or just the Met? Where is the evidence to support this claim?

Please don't post images/ videos of individual officers 'taking a knee', posing with pro-Palestine demonstrators, etc. It proves nothing other than naivety and/or a lack of judgement on their part. 

What you and others need to do to support your claim is supply evidence that the Met and/or other forces are institutionally politically biased.

Well we saw in the north the police refusing to investigate Pakistani grooming gangs to avoid inflaming community tensions, so it is not just The Met, it is just more obvious with The Met because so much of the anti-semitism is displayed in London.

https://europeanconservative.com/articles/news/uk-police-ignored-grooming-gangs/

Asking for evidence of bias and then pre-empting the question by saying you won't accept videos and photographs of said bias as evidence is a bit disingenuous, no?

It's a bit like saying "show me evidence of a crime taking place in this room" and then saying "But don't expect me to accept the decapitated body, the blood splatter up the wall and the bloody machete as evidence". :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The article you linked makes no such claim nor provides no evidence that the police failures arise from any attempt to ‘avoid inflaming community tensions’.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rogerscruton/2014/08/30/why-did-british-police-ignore-pakistani-gangs-raping-rotherham-children-political-correctness/?sh=758e9c55754a

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 2