New 90 day check in requirements at Jomtien Immigration

jwdub12

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

Highly unusual indeed. As previously mentioned, put mine in last Weds 22nd...accepted instantaneously...approved in less than 2 hours. Perhaps got bogged down Fri, then weekend. Only real concern at this point is not accepted yet They are auto-generated replies and should come back in seconds. Keep us posted. 

I also did mine on Wed 22 accepted instantly and approved within three hours, maybe Wednesday being mid week has less traffic.

27 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

I also did mine on Wed 22 accepted instantly and approved within three hours, maybe Wednesday being mid week has less traffic.

Possibly but I've done numerous on various days of the week since the new online's inception. All, except for the very first one, have been accepted and approved same day here at Jomtien. The bigger issue...if what he wrote is accurate...is it hasn't even been accepted yet, so much as approved. Acceptance has been instantaneous, in my experience. 

3 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Highly unusual indeed. As previously mentioned, put mine in last Weds 22nd...accepted instantaneously...approved in less than 2 hours. Perhaps got bogged down Fri, then weekend. Only real concern at this point is not accepted yet They are auto-generated replies and should come back in seconds. Keep us posted. 

Just landed now!

18 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

AcceptedApprovedBoth

Accepted was  near immediate, I just got the approved yesterday. Approved being the whole point of the exercise.... print out the receipt and paperclip into passport and nothing to fret over for 3 more months. 

On 11/27/2023 at 6:18 AM, jacko45k said:

I put mine in on Thursday and surprisingly not had it accepted yet,

Your wording yesterday was the whole point of my inquiry. It had been accepted but not yet approved

Edited by Skeptic7

45 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Your wording yesterday was the whole point of my inquiry. It had been accepted but not yet approved

Well if you insist on being pedantic, it was immediately 'received'.... no mention of 'accepted', then 'approved' after a few days. Did you book the long argument or the 5 minute one?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Well if you insist on being pedantic, it was immediately 'received'.... no mention of 'accepted', then 'approved' after a few days. Did you book the long argument or the 5 minute one?

Your own words stated...'surprisingly not had it accepted yet'. ICYMI...accept and receive are synonyms and there is a BIG difference between not being accepted (aka received) and not being APPROVED. Glad it got approved for ya, but your post was wrongly worded. No argument nor pedantry involved. 

20 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Your own words stated...'surprisingly not had it accepted yet'. ICYMI...accept and receive are synonyms and there is a BIG difference between not being accepted (aka received) and not being APPROVED. Glad it got approved for ya, but your post was wrongly worded. No argument nor pedantry involved. 

Comment received but not accepted.!

Time up, deposit more coins to continue!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Confused 1

Will immigration agents procedures change? I prefer my agent doing my 90 days report as I give my passport to him and he calls me when it's ready to pick up. I keep away from the Jomtien office at all cost,

Edited by NONG CHOK
typo

As per this morning 4th December 2023

I can confirm that 90 day report in person at Jomtien office now requires filling out a TM.47 form plus 1 copy of passport photo page and latest visa stamp.

Here the TM.47 form so you can fill it in at home at a leisurely pace   and not at the crowded office :-(

TM_47.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 11/27/2023 at 7:56 AM, marcho said:

kinyara. Please let us know how you get on. It would be good to see your result. Cheers

Received online approval this morning after having submitted Friday afternoon. This was my first online report after returning from overseas, so no problems for me.

I should add for completeness that as usual my condo office submitted my arrival via the online TM30 system. 2 weeks ago were notified  by our office that Immigration had notified them that this facility was being withdrawn and individuals would have to do their TM30 reporting themselves. I retain my original TM30 and a printout of the office submission this time as Immigration were asking me to do a new one due to a new passport when I renewed my extension prior to leaving this last time. Hopefully enough proof not to be an issue when I renew in April

2 hours ago, johng said:

As per this morning 4th December 2023

I can confirm that 90 day report in person at Jomtien office now requires filling out a TM.47 form plus 1 copy of passport photo page and latest visa stamp.

Here the TM.47 form so you can fill it in at home at a leisurely pace   and not at the crowded office :-(

TM_47.jpg

Much appreciated for the TM 47 form upload.

On October 18 this sign was on the reporting desk at Jomtien Immigration:

They were insisting on a copy of your address report (TM30 or 28) and the person behind the desk also asked for a copy of my entry card (TM 6).

Has this changed since October?

image.jpeg

Edited by JensenZ

1 hour ago, johng said:

@JensenZ

I did not see the above sign today

they only wanted items 1-3  from me

the place was very busy  both this morning and when I went back with completed documents early afternoon.

That's good news.

I did think at the time that they had made the process far too complicated and by the time I do my next reporting in January it would be easier. The staff at the counter were wasting a lot of time explaining to people what they needed. I won't be surprised if they go back to the old way of only needing the report slip as before. If it is all computerized why do they need all this excessive paperwork to file away in bins, never to be seen again?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JensenZ said:

If it is all computerized why do they need all this excessive paperwork

My 2 theories are

1:  They lost (hacked/ransom ware) their database so need the info again.  :w00t:

2:  Recoup the money spent  on 2 new buildings with photocopier fees  :tongue:

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, johng said:

My 2 theories are

1:  They lost (hacked/ransom ware) their database so need the info again.  :w00t:

2:  Recoup the money spent  on 2 new buildings with photocopier fees  :tongue:

Or sold......some of my details got out there and I felt sure immigration was the source. 

• Thumbs Up 1

recall seeing this thread about 90 day reporting issues - filed mine online as done for long time on Sunday, and got back approved today. So the only change to previous times is that the approval took a bit longer, been same day or next day usually.

I recall one time I had to go to immigration as I had new passport since previous report. For some reason online 90 day reporting does not work if you have new passport (they said that to me also in reporting desk as was wondering why the online does not work), instead you need to file first report with the new one physically, after which the online report works (regardless whether you leave the country later or not).

Edited by mran66
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This week I did my "gow sip wan" ONLINE for the first time. I was impressed as I found it was easy to do, and it came back approved the following day.

I live quite close to Soi 5 immigration and found it convenient to just "pop in" to the office, so I had been putting off "going digital", until I read the reports about the new bureaucratic procedure. This, kind of forced my hand.

I have my receipt safely stored on my laptop --- and my phone.

My only concern, is that I do not own a printer. Is it really necessary to obtain a "hard copy", or could I just keep the digital copy(ies) until such time as I need a hard copy, like perhaps at extension renewal time?   

11 hours ago, 5davidhen1 said:

This week I did my "gow sip wan" ONLINE for the first time. I was impressed as I found it was easy to do, and it came back approved the following day.

I live quite close to Soi 5 immigration and found it convenient to just "pop in" to the office, so I had been putting off "going digital", until I read the reports about the new bureaucratic procedure. This, kind of forced my hand.

I have my receipt safely stored on my laptop --- and my phone.

My only concern, is that I do not own a printer. Is it really necessary to obtain a "hard copy", or could I just keep the digital copy(ies) until such time as I need a hard copy, like perhaps at extension renewal time?   

I only do a physical printout when I'm going in at extension renewal time, download the approval file to a usb dongle and pop into a Kodak shop close by.

Just an update on my situation. 

Returned to rented condo on Oct 2nd after 2 weeks out-of-country. The only time since covid. 

Had the condo office do a TM30 update, but it was in late November that I brought it to their attention. Don't know what date they used for my start of stay. 

Did my online 90 day yesterday, accepted and this morning had my approval email and pdf. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, frantick said:

Just an update on my situation. 

Returned to rented condo on Oct 2nd after 2 weeks out-of-country. The only time since covid. 

Had the condo office do a TM30 update, but it was in late November that I brought it to their attention. Don't know what date they used for my start of stay. 

Did my online 90 day yesterday, accepted and this morning had my approval email and pdf. 

You did the first 90 day reporting after entering  Thailand online? Is my recollection wrong that only the 2nd 90 day reporting after entering Thailand can be done online and that the 90 day reporting starts counting new after each new entrance to Thailand?

3 hours ago, Klonko said:

You did the first 90 day reporting after entering  Thailand online? Is my recollection wrong that only the 2nd 90 day reporting after entering Thailand can be done online and that the 90 day reporting starts counting new after each new entrance to Thailand?

At least I did first online, no issues. 

However if you have new passport that has no 90 reports history, first one had to do in-person couple of years ago

9 hours ago, mran66 said:

At least I did first online, no issues. 

However if you have new passport that has no 90 reports history, first one had to do in-person couple of years ago

I have just renewed my UK passport. Even though I have successfully done it online in the past, am I correct that the next one has to be done at Jomtien immigration?

45 minutes ago, lelapin said:

I have just renewed my UK passport. Even though I have successfully done it online in the past, am I correct that the next one has to be done at Jomtien immigration?

Well certainly was like that couple of years ago. Came in first time with new passport, online 90 day failed. Went to immigration to do in-person, and asked about why not work. She told because new passport, next time online OK. 

Whether still like that, easy to test: just try online and if it fails, odds are that still the same. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lelapin said:

Used to be. But last year after I renewed my USA passsport and got the stamps transferred, I found I could now do the 90-day online, still. Give it a try early in the 15-day period and see. My online filing last week turned around in 1 day. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, roger101 said:

I went there this afternoon expecting to be the same as before. Hand the passport in with the last 90 Day attached.  No, you need a copy of this and a copy of that. Why? This is (by my reckoning) my 66th 90 Day report.

It's just the way things have become.... I was required to produce 'copy of this and that' for my extension, none of which was previously required, nor had been stipulated by new written Police orders. I was told, that for Jomtien, it was the result of verbal orders from police after a rather serious criminal event involving foreigners.....(body in the freezer).