Excellent experience at CW this afternoon

Also a very good experience at Phitsanulok Immi yesterday. In & out within the hour, retirement extension and re-entry permit.

As I have said previously, they allow the Combination Method ie monthly transfers plus money in bank must add up to over Bht 800k. I was doing 40k per month, but now can do 12 x 35k = 420k, (maybe 20k taxable @ 5%)  plus 400k in the bank. Happy boy.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Griffo63 said:

I really recommend booking an appointment, if you can, as I hate to thinks how long some people will have had to wait today as the office was so busy. 

Thanks for report.

I assume you were given a ticket because you went to document check chicks first.

No need to attend main desk on entry.

You should also have a print out of your confirmation email. 

TM47 has been added to required docs.

Note that you did not provide Bank Statements and io accepted copies of bankbook pages. Not always the case.

You did not receive priority for 70+.

With appointment you are seen on time and sometimes early.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Confused 2

Thanks for report.

I assume you were given a ticket because you went to document check chicks first.

No need to attend main desk on entry.

You should also have a print out of your confirmation email. 

THE TICKET WAS ISSUED WHEN I BOOKED THE APPOINTMENT ONLINE AND WAS IN EFFECT WAS THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL. THERE WAS NO DOCUMENT CHECK WHICH DID SURPRISE ME.

TM47 has been added to required docs.

I ALWAYS TAKE TM47  - JUST IN CASE 

Note that you did not provide Bank Statements and io accepted copies of bankbook pages. Not always the case.

I MAINTAIN A SEPARATE ACCOUNT FOR MY VISA EXTENSION AND GET IT UPDATED EVERY 3 MONTHS WHEN THE INTEREST IS ADDED SO THERE ARE VERY FEW ENTRIES OVER A YEAR. 

You did not receive priority for 70+.

IN THE RE-ENTRY AREA PRIORITY IS GIVEN TO PREGNANT WOMEN, PEOPLE WITH CHILDREN AND SENIORS

With appointment you are seen on time and sometimes early.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, BritTim said:

Am I correct that you did not need a 12 month statement from your bank, and the bank book by itself was accepted? Were there any consolidated entries in your bank book since your last extension?

I MAINTAIN A SEPARATE ACCOUNT FOR MY VISA EXTENSION AND GET IT UPDATED EVERY 3 MONTHS WHEN THE INTEREST IS ADDED SO THERE ARE VERY FEW ENTRIES OVER A YEAR - NO CONSOLIDATION 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Some recent reports here re: Re-Entry Permit processing at CW have been alarming, with waits of up to four hours.

I never understood the lengthy wait between payment and the return of the passport. You can get a re-entry permit at the airport in a few minutes. Maybe each application needs to be reviewed by ~ 5 levels of management? 

And I don't understand why there are so many people getting re-entry permits every day at CW.

I did not know people over 70 get preferred or expedited service at the Re-Entry desks. It is interesting that they can "fast-track" the process.

You can make an appointment for a Re-Entry Permit at CW through their appointment system. Service time is quoted at 40 minutes, but there are only eight slots per day, with five in the AM and three in the PM.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Griffo63 said:

I MAINTAIN A SEPARATE ACCOUNT FOR MY VISA EXTENSION AND GET IT UPDATED EVERY 3 MONTHS WHEN THE INTEREST IS ADDED SO THERE ARE VERY FEW ENTRIES OVER A YEAR

I also use dedicated bank account with min 800k all year round.

At CW the io wanted Bank Statements as there were  some months with no transactions.

That was a first, never required previously.

BTW ..you did not provide TM30 or rental agreement? 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I also use dedicated bank account with min 800k all year round.

At CW the io wanted Bank Statements as there were  some months with no transactions.

That was a first, never required previously.

BTW ..you did not provide TM30 or rental agreement? 

No TM30 or rental agreement was requested or provided. I have lived at the same address for 8 years now and the address on the forms was the same as registered at my 90 day report. I assume that someway down the line I must have completed at TM30, if that is normally required. 

10 minutes ago, CecilM said:

We need more of these - people sharing their positive experiences. 
They really are good at CW. Had a great experience today renewing my marriage visa.

Perhaps if you posted a complete report of your positive experience today regarding exactly what you provided immigration at CW for extension that would be useful.

Otherwise your post is somewhat useless. 

• Sad 2

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Perhaps if you posted a complete report of your positive experience today regarding exactly what you provided immigration at CW for extension that would be useful.

Otherwise your post is somewhat useless. 

Ah, DrJack again who can’t seem to do anything else but complain. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, CecilM said:

Ah, DrJack again who can’t seem to do anything else but complain. 

If you have positive recent experience at CW by all means post details to assist forum.

Otherwise your earlier post is useless.

Personally I have posted every report of my extensions at CW.

Done to assist others. 

Your post in this thread is useless without details .

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, CecilM said:

We need more of these - people sharing their positive experiences. 

Most/nearly all of the CW trip reports here skew very positive, like 90/100.

I think most complaints are about new requirements or changes in last year's required documents. Mostly minor process stuff.

My own experiences have been positive (ext stay/ret, CoR, REEP, 90-day report), but I do follow the trip reports and am rarely if ever, surprised by some new hurdle.

That said, the Re-Entry Permit process seems to be more broken than in past years. No clue what's going on there, maybe a new Lt. Gen. is flexing their power? 

2 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Most/nearly all of the CW trip reports here skew very positive, like 90/100.

I think most complaints are about new requirements or changes in last year's required documents. Mostly minor process stuff.

My own experiences have been positive (ext stay/ret, CoR, REEP, 90-day report), but I do follow the trip reports and am rarely if ever, surprised by some new hurdle.

That said, the Re-Entry Permit process seems to be more broken than in past years. No clue what's going on there, maybe a new Lt. Gen. is flexing their power? 

You’re right. Most comments here are OK, on some of the FB groups they’re much more negative. 

I’ve only had good experiences renewing my marriage visa over the past few years. 

This year I got 3 re-entry permits (bad planning on my behalf); each time it was pretty crowded but each time there was a huge speed-up the last 20min before lunch and I always got out before the break. (Note to self: get multiple entry and/or arrive no later than 9:15.)

11 hours ago, Griffo63 said:

I MAINTAIN A SEPARATE ACCOUNT FOR MY VISA EXTENSION AND GET IT UPDATED EVERY 3 MONTHS WHEN THE INTEREST IS ADDED SO THERE ARE VERY FEW ENTRIES OVER A YEAR - NO CONSOLIDATION 

No need to shout.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CecilM said:

This year I got 3 re-entry permits (bad planning on my behalf); each time it was pretty crowded but each time there was a huge speed-up the last 20min before lunch and I always got out before the break. (Note to self: get multiple entry and/or arrive no later than 9:15.)

You could have simply obtained Re-entry permit at airport.

Obtaining 3 reentry permits at CW was pretty foolish. 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Griffo63 said:

Shhhhh please

On 11/14/2023 at 4:39 PM, Griffo63 said:

Paid the 3800 baht and waited outside for my passport to be stamped up and returned.

This return process was going really slowly overall, and many people were getting quite frustrated, but my passport was returned very quickly  - well in advance of other numbers being called - so I assumed this was because I'm over 70 and this group get priority service - either way everything done and dusted by 2.55 pm which I think is an excellent service.

Thanks for your very detailed report and a good / accurate listing of the copies / documents that BKK CW typically requires.

On the subject of your reentry permit processing (describing many people waiting and frustrated, but you getting thru quickly, perhaps because of age):

When I was last there back in August and went to apply for my reentry permit as a guy in his 60s, I ended up having to wait FIVE hours from the 10 a.m. time I started the process (after getting my retirement extension earlier) until about 3 p.m. in the afternoon, including their one hour closure for lunch break.

IMHO, there's a good reason the people waiting in the reentry permit section likely were "quite frustrated."

It never used to be like that in prior years at BKK CW regarding the reentry permits section, not at least in my memory. Something has changed, dunno if they reduced staff or got a new boss who implemented new procedures or what....

But in the past, it used to be just the opposite.... There sometimes would be long waits in the Retirement extension section, both to first be seen and then thereafter to finally get your stamped passport back. And the re-entry permit process, especially during the pandemic years, was really quick to the point that they even dropped their queue tickets system there for a while, and you could just walk up and hand in your paperwork on the fly.

• Confused 1

On 11/14/2023 at 4:39 PM, Griffo63 said:

I really recommend booking an appointment, if you can, as I hate to thinks how long some people will have had to wait today as the office was so busy. 

One limitation of the appointments system at BKK CW as best as I understand it is the following -- which bears on people who commonly are applying for BOTH the new extension AND the new reentry permit on the same day.

As best as I understand it, their online appointments system will only allow a person to book ONE appointment for a given day... So AFAIK, if you choose to book a retirement extension appointment for tomorrow, you can NOT book a separate reentry permit appointment for the same day...

So, unless I'm missing something, that kinda means you have to choose which of the two services is likely to be the most in need of having a pre-booked appointment.... And lately, I'd say that definitely and to much surprise would be the re-entry permit process.

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

One limitation of the appointments system at BKK CW as best as I understand it is the following -- which bears on people who commonly are applying for BOTH the new extension AND the new reentry permit on the same day.

As best as I understand it, their online appointments system will only allow a person to book ONE appointment for a given day... So AFAIK, if you choose to book a retirement extension appointment for tomorrow, you can NOT book a separate reentry permit appointment for the same day...

So, unless I'm missing something, that kinda means you have to choose which of the two services is likely to be the most in need of having a pre-booked appointment.... And lately, I'd say that definitely and to much surprise would be the re-entry permit process.

I did both on the same day with appointments earlier this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mokwit said:

I did both on the same day with appointments earlier this year.

Two separate appointments for different services for the same person via the Immigration online system for the same day?

My comment on that above was not based on my personal experience with their system, but rather, what I'm pretty sure has been reported here in the past....

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Well done to the OP. It is always good to hear of a positive individual IO story.

As we all know, experiences differ from one Office, one Officer, one day, one minute and one mood.

Tomorrow that same IO & Officer can portray a very different story with exactly the same paperwork provided.

Enjoy the good times.🙃🙃

1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

Isn't CW the base of operations for Big Jok? Not so long ago he was caught in a media maelstrom and then all of a sudden, nothing. Maybe he's back to pen pushing.

I did a 90 day report on Tues. 14th. Usually there would be agents hanging around the main doors but I didn't see any of them at all.

I got there at 1pm and the number being served was A127. Mine was A289 and I got seen at a few minutes to 3pm. 

Some of my excellent experiences at CW:

-  having my passport thrown at me.

-  being asked to stand up, wait, then sit again

-  being told to put both my hands out and hand the document to them slowly

-  being asked to pay for the residence house address, getting a receipt, then coming back and being told she has never seen me.  I show her the receipt she says no, pay again.

-  being given the wrong queue by the morons at the front and waiting for 6 hours for nothing

-  average wait six hours+

-  disgusting cold food in the food court

-  toilets always broken

-  no parking, they use the taxpayers spaces to store old police cars

Many more over the years that I can't remember right now.

Edited by Chris Daley

i can honestly say i've never had a bad experience with an IO either at the airport, land border or CW, they have always been reasonably efficient, helpful and sometimes even friendly. i do see other foreigners shabbily dressed, with attitude, with unhelpful interfering wives/gfs and can see how IOs could get fed up with such types. i believe if you're organised, relaxed, calm and patient you won't go far wrong

• Agree 1