Excellent experience at CW this afternoon

5 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

Many more over the years that I can't remember right now

Not surprised.

For my 10+ extensions have always been treated very well.

COR at CW requires 200b fee which covers the EMS post. You do not return to collect..

As for all your other nonsense such as broken toilets, cold food, parking issues etc are all rubbish..

BTW as pointed out in the thread the appointment system at CW works a treat..

Here is appointment link..

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/onlineservice-and-publicguide/

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

As best as I understand it, their online appointments system will only allow a person to book ONE appointment for a given day... So AFAIK, if you choose to book a retirement extension appointment for tomorrow, you can NOT book a separate reentry permit appointment for the same day...

You can have multiple appointments, on the same/different days. Once you're logged in you can see the appointments associated with your account.

That said, the timing of consecutive appointments may be challenging. What if the extension process drags on longer than expected? And there aren't that many slots. But I plan to try this next year. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2023 at 7:04 AM, Griffo63 said:

Thanks for report.

I assume you were given a ticket because you went to document check chicks first.

No need to attend main desk on entry.

You should also have a print out of your confirmation email. 

THE TICKET WAS ISSUED WHEN I BOOKED THE APPOINTMENT ONLINE AND WAS IN EFFECT WAS THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL. THERE WAS NO DOCUMENT CHECK WHICH DID SURPRISE ME.

TM47 has been added to required docs.

I ALWAYS TAKE TM47  - JUST IN CASE 

Note that you did not provide Bank Statements and io accepted copies of bankbook pages. Not always the case.

I MAINTAIN A SEPARATE ACCOUNT FOR MY VISA EXTENSION AND GET IT UPDATED EVERY 3 MONTHS WHEN THE INTEREST IS ADDED SO THERE ARE VERY FEW ENTRIES OVER A YEAR. 

You did not receive priority for 70+.

IN THE RE-ENTRY AREA PRIORITY IS GIVEN TO PREGNANT WOMEN, PEOPLE WITH CHILDREN AND SENIORS

With appointment you are seen on time and sometimes early.

I booked an appointment at CW for my first one year extension .. for 8:30 a.m. Then I learned that bank statements must be completed same day as application... oiii. I can go to the Bangkok Bank branch downstairs, they open at 8:30 apparently. Just wondering what happens if I am late for my appointment, is it just cancelled or if I show up will they put me in the queue again. Has anyone here dealt with a similar problem?

11 hours ago, Des1 said:

Then I learned that bank statements must be completed same day as application..

The bank letter can be obtained prior to date of extension.

Suggest you obtain bank letter and bank statements day prior.

CW wants to see activity in account on day of application so be lined up at bank door at 8.30am to update your bank book.

Personally I prefer to make small deposit 100b 

That shouldn't be an issue to make your 8.30am appointment. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The bank letter can be obtained prior to date of extension.

Suggest you obtain bank letter and bank statements day prior.

CW wants to see activity in account on day of application so be lined up at bank door at 8.30am to update your bank book.

Personally I prefer to make small deposit 100b 

That shouldn't be an issue to make your 8.30am appointment. 

Thanks Dr.Jack! I read elsewhere on this forum that bank info must be same day as application. So much conflicting info but I am confident you are correct.

Just now, Des1 said:

Thanks Dr.Jack! I read elsewhere on this forum that bank info must be same day as application. So much conflicting info but I am confident you are correct.

speaking of conflicting info...since this is my FIRST one year extension request (I have my non-imm O good for 90 days) is it still necessary to provide 12 months of bank records?

8 minutes ago, Des1 said:

speaking of conflicting info...since this is my FIRST one year extension request (I have my non-imm O good for 90 days) is it still necessary to provide 12 months of bank records?

No for the first extension they will want to see 2 months of funds in bank..

Then maintained for 3 months after application then can be down to as low as 400k and back up to 800k two months prior to next extension.

Note you need to apply for your extension with at least 15 days remaining on your permission of stay.

Min 21 days at some offices.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

No for the first extension they will want to see 2 months of funds in bank..

Then maintained for 3 months after application then can be down to as low as 400k and back up to 800k two months prior to next extension.

Note you need to apply for your extension with at least 15 days remaining on your permission of stay.

Min 21 days at some offices.

Ok, everything sorted, I think I'm ready. Thanks!!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, just got home from CW. I was attempting to apply for my first Non-Imm O one year extension. I thought I had everything in order. Turns out the ID card of the condo owner was expired! Sheesh. The lease agreement was ok, it was an extension of my previous lease, so that was not an issue. The only copy I had of the owner's ID was from the first lease agreement. Then the senior IO told me I need to come back with the owner's new ID card AND House Registration and Land Title Deed. I have never read anything about that before as a requirement. Maybe it's because this is my FIRST extension application??

Anyway, not a fun time and this is my first experience at CW where the IO was rude and a real ****.

Oh, and my taxi broke down heading back to the bts, left me on the road and I was lucky to flag down another one.

I would really like to start this day over.

On a positive note: I had an 8:30 a.m. appointment and needed to get my passbook updated beforehand. The Bangkok bank one floor down has an ATM PLUS a Passbook update machine outside their front door. Nice.

20 minutes ago, Des1 said:

Then the senior IO told me I need to come back with the owner's new ID card AND House Registration and Land Title Deed.

This is a requirement for TM30, which in turn is a requirement for an extension (many however claim not to have been asked for it)

57 minutes ago, mokwit said:

This is a requirement for TM30, which in turn is a requirement for an extension (many however claim not to have been asked for it)

I had a TM30. Maybe he was just annoyed about the expired ID card??