house building 1.0 cold ablutions

I visit LOS  3 times a year   and contemplating building a modest property.      I am keen to supervise construction and design.     Many issues come to mind.     The first time I visited LOS was err many moons ago.   One uk pound bought  75 b    .    I remember  staying in Kheo san road  and being confronted with a modest room     and no hot water.   Times moved on and realised shower heaters exist. 

But I cannot understand why I have to shave in a sink and they never have hot water.        Have I missed something.     I thought I saw some sort of  in line heater in global house a while back.     Any comments     .   Similar thought exist for the kitchen sink.       

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, surreybloke said:

I forgot add  WHY do they have this annoying habit of putting bathroom sinks outside the bath room

Well, you don't have to.

As said above, a hot-water-on-demand should to the trick. I think some come with two 'out' pipes, so one could possibly serve two taps (shower/sink) if not too far.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, surreybloke said:

just another battle with the builder   

Nah, it's a non-issue. I think nowadays, most builders would ask to make sure you actually wanted one outside the bath.

Don't recall ours saying anything about it, same goes for both BiLs (one the architect, the other the construction engineer).

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I have never seen bathroom sinks outside the bathroom.

Our's are in the bathrooms  , and is in every other house i have been in Thailand. 

We did not have to tell the Builder that we needed the sink in the bathroom, Just where in the bathroom and what kind, since we pick what kind. 

Maybe in older houses - MiL's old place got one. It was kinda handy if bathrooms were taken when all the family gathered.

In modern houses, can't recall when I saw one.

Same experience with builder.

2 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

why is that a battle? Your house. Your money. I can't imagine a builder having a problem with this. 

Thai builders sometimes have their own ideas. Like, they'll say ok to the 'crazy foreigners'' requests, then forget all about it and do it their way when actually building the house. Had some of that during our house build, but we were on site pretty much everyday and nipped most of it in the bud (or made him re-do stuff). I think it's more of a thing in the country, less so in major cities and towns.

3 hours ago, Countryman said:

I have had Solar Water heater installed for 30 odd years , hot water

at every shower and sink , at the time it was expensive as an import

from Australia , but now you can find cheap Chinese ones, way to go

especially on a new build. 

yes indeed i remember something similar on one the islands.   The aircon and the shower connected.