They need to change the smileys on this forum

Chris Daley

47 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Abolish all >reactions< except +1 and Thanks.

For all others:

Come out of the hiding and post about your confusion or disagree.

Or remain silent for ever.

44 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Be aware that the thread is obviously about the "reactions" to posts. Smileys/emojis and emoticons are each to his own.

I chose not to use a confused anonymous emoji to attempt to gain some understanding on why you felt the need for your second post. You state that the post is "obviously" about reactions to posts. Yet you went ahead made a redundant post outlining why your post was not even necessary.

I vote or an additional emoji. One to deal with irony such as this.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

And remove those "Sad" and "Confused" emojis which, in IMO, are useless and meaningless.

What other emoji do you suggest instead of :sad: when someone dies? I refuse to use the others.

Why can I not use 'confused' when I do not understand the comment or if I think that it is stupid.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Thank god I was raised at a period of time where we embraced the adage,
"Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me."

So many snowflakes now who need to be handled with kid-gloves.
:angry: "You triggered me."

:violin:Grow thicker skin.  You'll be happier.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Celsius said:

I did not like it in the beginning but like it now.

It avoids a preferential circle jerk treatment abundant on other forums.

I agree it's much better this way, not knowing who left the reputation. People just use the sad or confused emojis because they got rid of the thumbs-down emojis, so there's no other option to express dislike or hate for a post.

In the latest update, they also stopped displaying reputation scores (you can still find them, but they are buried now), which is also a good move as it slows down trolls who are obsessed with such metrics for whom it became their main goal in posting.

Edited by JensenZ

29 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

Its great to have aseannow back so we can thrash out the big issues

Albeit at a much slower rate. The forum runs about 10x slower than before their outage. Often pages don't load at all, and I have a very fast internet connection. This will deter a lot of people.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, SpaceKadet said:

And remove those "Sad" and "Confused" emojis which, in IMO, are useless and meaningless.

Exactly. And this thread is a good example why.

It was a big mistake to anonymize.

Either named or abolish.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Back to the emoji crisis again & again & …

I’ve been here(forum )long enough to realize some people just can’t get a long with others comments & opinions.

Thumbs 👍 

Thumbs down 👎 .

Everything else including the anonymous posting of them, is ridiculous!

imop

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

What other emoji do you suggest instead of :sad: when someone dies? I refuse to use the others.

Why can I not use 'confused' when I do not understand the comment or if I think that it is stupid.

Why do you have to use emoji? Simple RIP will do....

This thread servers as a perfect example why "Sad" and "Confused" should be removed.

Almost every post here has emojis from either sad or confused people.... What do they mean, I wonder? 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Abolish all >reactions< except +1 and Thanks.

For all others:

Come out of the hiding and post about your confusion or disagree.

Or remain silent for ever.

Edited 5 hours ago by KhunBENQ

For me only 2 interressant ones: thumbs up I like thumbs down I dislike so easy

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

Why do you have to use emoji? Simple RIP will do....

This thread servers as a perfect example why "Sad" and "Confused" should be removed.

Almost every post here has emojis from either sad or confused people.... What do they mean, I wonder? 

What is the point in commenting though if someone else has already said what you are thinking? That's were a simple emoji works well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Go through this thread about a terrible road accident and see how these anonymous reactions have become a complete farce.

Idiots or fat fingers?

https://aseannow.com/topic/1312629-nine-killed-and-more-than-ten-others-injured-in-truck-accident-in-si-sa-ket/

Idiots, the place is full of sad and confused emoji jerks who have yet to mature.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, daveAustin said:

^^^ Initially it used to be just + and - reactions. But they took the - away after the numpties were complaining they were getting too many - for posting tat. Rather than stop posting tat, they complained. lol

People reacting to this post (giving genuine info as a reply) and many others with crying and sad emoticons is the perfect example of why they should be taken away, or perhaps provided only to those that are old enough and can be trusted. Some people have too much time and are puerile troublemakers. Was hoping the downtime would have shaken them out to the 'other' forum.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1