How does Bali compare to Pattaya or Phuket

georgegeorgia

I just heard a work colleague saying how great Bali is !

They could retire there they said 

I asked them to compare it to Pattaya or Phuket but they have never been !

So guys who have been ....is Bali a good retirement option ?

I want to go but ....I have this image of tattooed Aussie bogans/chavs holding beer bottles 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Kuta is Bogan central, surfer dudes and girls everywhere. You have to leave ASAP, my favourite is Ubud. Bali is an island, nothing like Pattaya.

I've been 3 times and would like to go back in the next year or two, small island so can hire a jeep or motorbike and travel around

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I just heard a work colleague saying how great Bali is !

They could retire there they said 

I asked them to compare it to Pattaya or Phuket but they have never been !

So guys who have been ....is Bali a good retirement option ?

I want to go but ....I have this image of tattooed Aussie bogans/chavs holding beer bottles 

Why dont u go

Then tell us

20 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I have the news in mind of about 200 Australian and other tourists bombed to death by Muslim extremists.

I have a friend who lost a leg in that bombing. He was in his 20s at the time.

I've been there 3 times, the last time in the late 90s, so my impression is a bit dated, but Bali doesn't hold a candle to Pattaya as a retirement option. It's a nice place for a vacation, but not permanent living unless you're into surfing.

Edited by JensenZ
  • Like 1

Just now, still kicking said:

Wrong its Hinduism 

The province is Indonesia's main tourist destination, with a significant rise in tourism since the 1980s. [8] Tourism-related business makes up 80% of its economy. [9] Bali is the only Hindu-majority province in Indonesia, with 86.9% of the population adhering to Balinese Hinduism

Indonesia runs it dummy.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Photoguy21 said:

Bali is a great place but if you want to spend your time in bars then maybe Pattaya is the place for you.

I've been to Bali a few times and many times to Pattaya I guess it is not much different, but Bali has a nice countryside.

1 minute ago, still kicking said:

I've been to Bali a few times and many times to Pattaya I guess it is not much different, but Bali has a nice countryside.

If you think that then stay in Pattaya probably closer to your home country and they dont have the drug laws that Bali has

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Photoguy21 said:

If you think that then stay in Pattaya probably closer to your home country and they dont have the drug laws that Bali has

Bali is closer to my home country I do have family in Thailand but prefer to live in my home country so does my Thai wife of 20 years and I am not worried about drugs I don't take any.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

It is probably these drug laws that make Bali. and Indonesia as a whole, a much better place to take your family. Thailand has been decaying for much too long by now.

I agree with Scuba, Kuta is a place for Australian young adults, Ubud, Padang Bay  and many other places is for people who enjoy beauty and  culture.

• Haha 2