Recommended agents to open a bank account in Bangkok?

55 minutes ago, Steve Mee said:

Here are directions I received the other day from a visa agent in Bangkok for opening bank accounts.  Otherwise they can open you a bank account for 10,000 baht cost.  

Please follow this step to open an account on your own.  

1st you go to get 30 days tourist extension at your local immigration
(please also bring your address paperworks to immigration)

2nd request the immigration to proceed residence certificate for you to open an account

3rd show the residence certificate at the bank to get account open

Have not tried to open a bank account yet to see if the process is successful.  My Lao girlfriend with Work Permit tried the above process but the bank requested a copy of her health exam as well.  This is down south in Nakhon Si Thammarat.  

I extended my visa during my last stay in Thailand 2 months ago in Nakhon Si Thammarat & got a residence certificate from immigration but didn't know I could open a bank account.  Will have to give it a try when I come back in January otherwise I will go to Maneerat in Pattaya who do it for about 4,000 baht.  MOTS in Pattaya can also open bank accounts for 4,000 baht. 

I have been getting quotes for bridging/retirement 15 month visa & they range from 25,000-46,000 + bank account charge in Pattaya, 38,000-52,000 + bank account charge in Bangkok & a whopping 60,000 including bank account in Surat Thani.  Extra 4,000-10,000 to open a bank account.  

That agent is having a lend of you...cannot get CoR from CW without TM47.

2 hours ago, couchpotato said:

So two things.

Your gf lost big face in front of many people..it will take her a while to forgive for this.

Secondly you didn't get your Bank Account, because of a small amount of insurance money and of course your completely bad manners...

No, he showed his gf that's he's not a cuck. Priceless. 

If she can't handle that then kick her to the kerb.

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

That agent is having a lend of you...cannot get CoR from CW without TM47.

They probably want me & others they advise the same to go try open a bank account & be unsuccessful, get very frustrated & run to them to pay the 10,000 to assist.  

Whereas if you do some research there are agents that can do this for 4,000.  Easier to go to an agent & avoid the headaches.  

On 11/26/2023 at 7:13 PM, DrJack54 said:
On 11/26/2023 at 3:50 PM, DrJack54 said:

Siam Legal previously provided this service.

Thinking they stopped.

You could check with @ThaiVisaCentre .

You won't be able to do it by yourself in Bangkok due to not being able to obtain certificate of residence on tourist visa.

In Bangkok it requires you to have made a TM47 report.

Suggest Pattaya a better option with agent such as Maneerat Soi 13/2

Expand  

You have to love clowns that attach laughing emoji to topics they know nothing about..

To use your own disrespectful choice of words, you have to love clowns who are even the slightest bit concerned about an inconsequential emoji!   Perhaps they were "laughing" at your suggestion that the OP checks out an agent that no longer offers the specific service about which he asked!?  

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Steve Mee said:

They probably want me & others they advise the same to go try open a bank account & be unsuccessful, get very frustrated & run to them to pay the 10,000 to assist.  

Whereas if you do some research there are agents that can do this for 4,000.  Easier to go to an agent & avoid the headaches.  

Interesting take and I suspect a few punters would be reeled in by it.

PS. Maneerat's price goes up depending on age but I forget the details. Presumably because the insurance gets more expensive for older folk.

13 minutes ago, Steve Mee said:

Thinking bit more than 4k currently in Bangkok for agent to open bank account.

CW is unique in that to obtain certificate of residence they require a TM47.

The OP has tourist visa so that is not possible.

An agent is the solution.

Bit unrelated but even more difficult is TDL as in Bangkok that also requires a COR.

Agents such as Fatboys, BSR, etc cannot obtain a COR.

4 hours ago, GypsyT said:

Yesterday I tried again to open an account at Bangkok Bank in the Darkside. Almost got one but didn't take their offer.

The deal breaker was my gf must buy an "insurance" for me for a year. She was willing to do so but I said loudly so everyone hear in the room; "I never will let anyone to blackmail me or you! Let's get the hell out of here."

And we left.

Nothing like cutting off your nose to spite your face, eh?  What was the premium going to be?

2 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Interesting take and I suspect a few punters would be reeled in by it.

PS. Maneerat's price goes up depending on age but I forget the details. Presumably because the insurance gets more expensive for older folk.

Many foreigners are paying big money for visa services particularly in Bangkok.  When I told my American neighbour in Khanom how much they charge in Pattaya she didn't believe me as she is paying in the 20's range just for renewals every year via a Bangkok agent.  Pattaya seems to be the most economical place for visa related matters using visa agents although their prices range from 25,000 to 46,000.  

FYI - very easy & fast at Nakhon Si Thammarat Immigration.  I am usually the only person when I go at around 10am & out of there within 10-15 minutes of which 5-10 minutes is spent having a chat and/or coffee with the Immigration Officers.  Unlike the chaos at tourist places like Pattaya, Bangkok & Hua Hin.  

4 hours ago, LikeItHot said:

I've never heard of an agent who can facilitate this but as the first thing you would give them is a power of attorney form I can not more strongly recommend you do not do this with something like a bank account. 

Complete nonsense.  Even if it wasn't, a POA can be cancelled by the donor at any time and new bank accounts can be opened with (and the balance kept at) a few hundred baht.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thinking bit more than 4k currently in Bangkok for agent to open bank account.

CW is unique in that to obtain certificate of residence they require a TM47.

The OP has tourist visa so that is not possible.

An agent is the solution.

Bit unrelated but even more difficult is TDL as in Bangkok that also requires a COR.

Agents such as Fatboys, BSR, etc cannot obtain a COR.

They are quoting 10k to open bank account in Bangkok.  

FYI - in one of the visa agent replies they mention the visa will not be obtained at CW in Bangkok & they will issue the visa at another office possibly in another province.  

2 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Off-topic, irrelevant. Both the difficulty level of opening a bank account, and the pros and cons of using an agent have been discussed ad nauseum in this forum and your pointless comment adds nothing to the discussion.

"...your pointless comment adds nothing to the discussion".

Ironically, neither does yours!

12 minutes ago, Steve Mee said:

FYI - in one of the visa agent replies they mention the visa will not be obtained at CW in Bangkok & they will issue the visa at another office possibly in another province.  

I was not referring to visa and subsequent extension (eg non O retirement and 12 month extension) 

Indeed most agents send them "up country" 

My post was concerning opening Thai bank account in Bangkok and obtaining a TDL in Bangkok.

As I pointed out bank account for OP in Bangkok will require an agent given that the OP has a tourist visa.

You can attend the bank with agent (in Bangkok) 

Most agents use Bangkok Bank which is a good option as that bank has Branch in CW and is one of 3 banks that provide larger transfers using WISE. 

Edited by DrJack54

3 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:
4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...your pointless comment adds nothing to the discussion".

Ironically, neither does yours!

It does, but you're just not as clever as you think you are and therefore don't understand it.

No, the part of your comment that I quoted does not add anything.  If you think that it did, then you're not as clever as you think you are.  Perhaps you could point out what I missed in that quote ("...your pointless comment adds nothing to the discussion") that adds something to the discussion?

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I was not referring to visa and subsequent extension (eg non O retirement and 12 month extension) 

Indeed most agents send them "up country" 

My post was concerning opening Thai bank account in Bangkok and obtaining a TDL in Bangkok.

As I pointed out bank account for OP in Bangkok will require an agent given that the OP has a tourist visa.

You can attend the bank with agent (in Bangkok) 

Most agents use Bangkok Bank which is a good option as that bank has Branch in CW and is one of 3 banks that provide larger transfers using WISE. 

Ok no problem.  Yes agreed, the easiest way is to part with 4k in Pattaya & get the job done.  

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, the part of your comment that I quoted does not add anything.  If you think that it did, then you're not as clever as you think you are.  Perhaps you could point out what I missed in that quote ("...your pointless comment adds nothing to the discussion") that adds something to the discussion?

You're just as irrelevant as the time waster I was responding to. Go and troll another thread, preferably one started by @bigstooge or @nob smith.

• Sad 1

Just now, Lemsta69 said:
5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You're just as irrelevant as the time waster I was responding to. Go and troll another thread, preferably one started by @bigstooge or @nob smith.

Thanks for the confirmation that (a), I didn't miss anything and that (b), your comment didn't add anything, either, even though you chose to berate another poster when you, subsequently, did the same thing!  

10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Thanks for the confirmation that (a), I didn't miss anything and that (b), your comment didn't add anything, either, even though you chose to berate another poster when you, subsequently, did the same thing!  

Off-topic, irrelevant. Go and pester @bignoob if you want a bickering contest.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Lee4Life said:

and there is something funny about that? I guess I don't understand. it seems mean to me, like people are laughing at the hardships of others. by the way, what does your reply mean? "most immigration offices now have told it has become harder to get bank accounts"....?

It means, that it is harder to open bank accounts now. I am not laughing

• Like 1

"No, he showed his gf that's he's not a cuck. Priceless."

Good to see I'm not alone and there's other "un hombre con cojones...."

BTW - instead gf being embarrassed she's warming up to move to Spain with me -:)

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, GypsyT said:

"No, he showed his gf that's he's not a cuck. Priceless."

Good to see I'm not alone and there's other "un hombre con cojones...."

But no bank account from that branch which was what he wanted.  Perhaps his b0llocks can provide him with the banking he required as compensation for his cutting off his own nose to spite his face.

Edited by Liverpool Lou