Immigration queues Jomtien

20 hours ago, vangrop said:

Use an agent. I just did a 30 day extension on 7 December with an agent. We only went to Jomtien for photos no queuing (to prove that I had been there).  I left home at 15.00 pm and was back home at 16.30 all with transportation provided by the agent. I saw still hundreds of people queuing at that thour.

How much did that cost you?

21 hours ago, twozeds said:

Hi just a couple of quick questions....I have to renew my year extension or retirement visa as i call it in January 2024....last year the queues at Jomtien immigration were horrendous....

I just wondered: 

1. Are the queues still the same? (if so which is best sort of time to go down there)

2.And as there been any separation into different queues or sections for different visa needs example: 1 year extensions, re-entry visas, tourist extensions, 90 day reports etc to speed up the process?

many thanks in advance (p.s looked for a recent thread on this topic but couldn't find one)

Don't come before 3-4 days before the expiry date of you will be sent packing and told back to come back at the "appropriate" days.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Rubbish. He's doing a 1 year extension so can come well before that

He may well get the "it's high season, too many people sorry. Come back 3-4 days before stamp expiry" just like I did last week when I went for an extension. Mind you, that wasn't a retirement extension but considering how many old folks are in Pattaya living on retirement visas, it's high season every single day of the year for that type of visa extension lol 

Edited by bbi1
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, LarryLEB said:

Thanks for posting the link.  To do my one-year extension of OA visa, which do I select,,,

• Long-Term Extension,
  •   OR
  • Retirement Purpose?

You don't do either. To get 2nd year of O-A visa you simply leave the country and get another 12 months when you come back in before its first year expiry date. You also need a further 12 months health insurance (O-A gives 12 months on every re-entry in 1st year but only up to your insurance expiry date)

Edited by Pattaya57

1 hour ago, LarryLEB said:

Thanks for posting the link.  To do my one-year extension of OA visa, which do I select,,,

• Long-Term Extension,
  •   OR
  • Retirement Purpose?

I checked if I had saved the email but couldn't find it, so not sure, but think I selected long term extension.

Anyway the guy at the door just had a glance at the email I had printed out, so I doubt he checked which option I had selected.

1 hour ago, jesimps said:

It doesn't matter to the rich and if I was one of that group, I'd use an agent too.

Oh, is the poster rich? But I wouldn't, though I could afford it now if I wished. If I asked myself, I'd just conclude

image.png.e3ac59a0b5b78c5a8d2c9c88635fd089.png

Self-reliance all the way. It's in the gonads, I suppose.

Was at Jomtien this afternoon.

At 13.15 took 5 minutes in queue to get counter ticket.

I was after a reentry permit, walked straight in to main building as my number was called, and got my passport back after another 15 minutes. So in and out 20 minutes.

Observations of the other counters,

Main building.

Retirement extensions were flowing well and no large numbers, seemed fairly normal.

Marriage/family extensions much the same as you see all year around.

30 days extensions had the largest numbers of people, but again did not seem excessive and there was no one moaning about delays that I saw.

Outside building.

90 days and TM30 had a steady flow but all moving fairly quickly.

So in summary, there were no one having to queue outside of the air con buildings, immigration now have a photocopy service next to the ticket counter, yes you have to pay. I have seen it a lot worse at this time of year, but seemed that none of the counters were swamped. When I left at 13.35 there were only a few people at the ticket counter.

This is just a snap shot of what I saw today, a Thursday afternoon, I can not guarantee what other days or mornings are like.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/29/2023 at 3:00 PM, GypsyT said:

When you say "Use an agent" it would be helpful to know how much you paid?

Not being critical, just curious and would consider if price's not too much.

For me, the cost is circa 15,000 per year.  The cost is irrelevant and doesn't factor into my wish to avoid immigration at all costs.  All in my circle of friends use agents, not one of us ever goes near the place. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

For me, the cost is circa 15,000 per year.  The cost is irrelevant and doesn't factor into my wish to avoid immigration at all costs.  All in my circle of friends use agents, not one of us ever goes near the place. 

That is a huge some of money for many of the skint pensioners who live like <deleted> in a 3rd world country.

I have always had a good experience in terms of IO officers attitude and waiting times. In my opinion we all know what we are facing when we are about to go to immigration. So for once a year, let's arm ourselves with patience and do what we have to do calmly.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mika78 said:

I have always had a good experience in terms of IO officers attitude

Lucky you. I use an agent to facilitate my "retirement visa" and so far I've only had to visit the Immigration Office one time, to get my photo taken.

The ladies in Room 9 I think it was could not have been ruder. They didn't smile, didn't say a word and completely ignored me when I made small talk (hello, how are you etc).

It was a thoroughly dispiriting experience and I hope their future days are filled with angry foreigners in shorts and flipflops with bad B.O. and gnarled toenails 😂

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, NickyLouie said:

That is a huge some of money for many of the skint pensioners who live like <deleted> in a 3rd world country.

Completely irrelevant to me and the way I live.  I make my retired years as trouble and stress free as I can.  I no longer do the bidding of others, I do pretty much what I want to do, when I want to do it and, within reason, sod the cost. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, NickyLouie said:

Not as huge as ฿800k held hostage in a Thai bank getting sod-all interest.

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Thumbs Up 1