Chonburi Embarks on Ambitious Smart City Transformation Project

webfact

26 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Jacko don't forget the dogs.

Central Pattaya isn't so bad in that respect... sure some packs here and there need to be addressed. I live somewhat out of town, and here we are having a lot of issues with them... we have a number of people who regularly feed them.  

Some transformation required for Pattaya, the hub of smart cities!

I am not sure promoting health and group tourism within an industrial area is appropriate.

A good idea to promote import/export would be a free port area. Also I hope the Government will promote investment by giving tax breaks to investors as well as cracking down on corruption in the award of contracts and syphoning off of funds by officials. 

Without these incentives, who would want to invest there?

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Chonburi — The Eastern Economic Corridor Office of Thailand (EECO) has unveiled an ambitious plan to transform parts of Chonburi into a global ‘Smart City’ by 2037 through its “Smart City and Commercial/Residential Hub” project.

A lick of whitewash?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, caughtintheact said:

This smells like a project of the World Economic Forum (WEF) (C40.org) and it will end up being a death trap where people are forced to eat bugs and live in mud based "homes", banned from eating meat or dairy, unable to travel, unable to own private transportation and only allowed to purchase 3 items of new clothing a year. Right now the WEF, UN, IMF and the EU are developing mandatory digital IDs, ESG scoring, and central bank digital currencies (CBDCs) like communist China to control every aspect of everyone's life. If people fall for this, they will end up slaves until they are no longer useful, then disposed of. 

It was forecast many years before the arrival of the WEF and your other demons.

It was always going to be.......

"Imagine, if you can, a small room, hexagonal in shape, like the cell of a bee. It is lighted neither by window nor by lamp, yet it is filled with a soft radiance. There are no apertures for ventilation, yet the air is fresh. There are no musical instruments, and yet, at the moment that my meditation opens, this room is throbbing with melodious sounds. An armchair is in the centre, by its side a reading-desk — that is all the furniture......."

The Machine Stops, E M Forster, 1909.

Where did you think the world was going?

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, caughtintheact said:

only allowed to purchase 3 items of new clothing a year

I'm down with that, as long as I can get one of Klaus's Planet of the Apes tunics.  It looks like a cross between Roy Orbison and Dr. Zaius. 

c73e4dc5-49a9-49e3-ae81-e6064ae8a14c_637x417.webp

8e6fb5cac72ca4d54074fa0955c1caf9.jpg

Edited by Bobthegimp
Addition

2 hours ago, Enoon said:

It was forecast many years before the arrival of the WEF and your other demons.

It was always going to be.......

Just because something was forecast doesn't necessarily mean it will come to pass. Many, if not most people haven't a clue of what is happening, so consider it a wake-up call. 

25 minutes ago, treetops said:

Chonburi city is the capital of Chonburi province.  Head north past Laem Chabang and Sriracha and you'll come across it.

From Google maps I'd never have known. I guess I must have driven past it quite quickly on the motorway. 

9 hours ago, couchpotato said:

Surely you can't really be that naive. Chonburi with its huge factory estates, Ang sila and BangSaen areas etc is a very large City.

Ang Sila, never heard of it. But I've been to Bang Saen and Sri Racha many times. I knew they were in Chonburi province, but not part of one city.