Lazada: "Buy now 0 Baht shipping fee" ?

agg211

5 minutes ago, agg211 said:

I regularly buy things at Lazada and sometimes I see the text "Buy now 0 Baht shipping fee" with no special requirements.

But if I want to place the order there's only the "Standard Delivery" option.

Anyone who can explain this?

Yes simple. The 'standard delivery' is the only free option available. The price will be deducted at check out.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Yes simple. The 'standard delivery' is the only free option available. The price will be deducted at check out.

Unfortunately the price NEVER will be deducted at check out while I meet the requirements like for instance minimum purchase.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Last two items we purchased were both free delivery, and the 39 baht fee was deducted in final step before placingorder.

And I must say Lazada is very good in Thailand - I once ordered something on a Saturday and the guy delivered it on Sunday.

They always deliver within a few days and it is so easy compared to anything like this in the West (like EBay).

No payment required until it is delivered - not available back home. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, agg211 said:
1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

43 minutes ago, agg211 said:

Unfortunately the price NEVER will be deducted at check out while I meet the requirements like for instance minimum purchase.

It always does for me. 

• Agree 1

On 11/29/2023 at 9:16 AM, agg211 said:

Yes, it will be if there is a free shipping offer, there is a deduction at checkout equal to the shipping fee.  Took advantage of one last week 

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, it will be if there is a free shipping offer, there is a deduction at checkout equal to the shipping fee.  Took advantage of one last week 

In my case, there's NEVER a deduction at checkout. That's why I made this post, hoping to find an explanation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, agg211 said:

In my case, there's NEVER a deduction at checkout. That's why I made this post, hoping to find an explanation.

Do you order on your PC/laptop or mobile phone? On my laptop it don't work too. So I search my items on the laptop, put it into the basket, take my phone, search the free shopping vouchers and order it on the phone app.

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, snowgard said:

Do you order on your PC/laptop or mobile phone? On my laptop it don't work too. So I search my items on the laptop, put it into the basket, take my phone, search the free shopping vouchers and order it on the phone app.

Correct, vouchers only work through the app, and I follow the same procedure as you. Can't search on a 7" screen, so use the app only for checkouts

Edited by BenStark
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, snowgard said:

No, I only use my mobile phone, so I still don't know why I'm missing out on all these "free shipping" offers.

Edited by agg211

3 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

The free shipping offer only applies to specific products from specific sellers even though it is prominently displayed as if it applies to any purchase... you have to read the fine print.

It is displayed under the product I was going to buy while meeting the free shipping criteria.

20 hours ago, agg211 said:

No, I only use my mobile phone, so I still don't know why I'm missing out on all these "free shipping" offers.

Start the app and go into "Account". There must be a "Voucher Center" or "more Voucher" or something. Click on it and choose the vouchers you want. After click on a vouchers button "Use Now". Than search for the items.

On 11/30/2023 at 11:53 PM, BenStark said:

Correct, vouchers only work through the app, and I follow the same procedure as you. Can't search on a 7" screen, so use the app only for checkouts

I like it more to search on the notebook, because I can see more and for easy translation. But Lazada & Ali want that we use their apps on the phone.

On 12/1/2023 at 6:59 AM, Skipalongcassidy said:

The free shipping offer only applies to specific products from specific sellers even though it is prominently displayed as if it applies to any purchase... you have to read the fine print.

I fell for the gambit several times and now don't bother. It's just not worth the effort to play the game.

I see the small green 'free shipping' icon next to many items but there are always conditions of some type. In the end the shipping charges are really pretty minimal.

The key to being content in the Kingdom is to lower your expectations and roll with the punches; in the end they are seldom life changing events.

Edited by RocketDog
Boredom
  • Thanks 2