UK State pension frozen when residing in Thailand

On 2/29/2024 at 4:10 AM, kimamey said:

When I first used it they told me to contact the DWP, who then told me to contact the IPC again. I asked where I could find the rules regarding frozen pensions as I couldn't find them on gov.uk and I was told "It will be on there somewhere". Not particularly helpful.

Before phoning them, and because they are obviously busy I tried looking on the website with the results I mention above. I also used their online enquiry form, twice with no reply. I suspect that's their to avoid phone calls in the hope people give up. It certainly isn't a way to get information.

Cannot agree more, they do not want to answer.   A certain admission letter from a wrongdoer from a poster few years ago (other thread) to DWP I asked for details, they  did admit there was something, highly unusual  about its offering.   IM asking again through  Freedom of Information, no answer to date

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

Every petition for the past three decades I've lived in Thailand for has been rejected by the UK government.

Regardless of who's in power at the time, the same 'canned' replies are made: "we will update pensions where there is a legal requirement to do so". 

The whole process of complaing is utterly pointless - and will never, ever, EVER change. 

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...