Japan Signs Agreement to Purchase 5,000 Tons of Thai Bananas

snoop1130

1701247311_367718-tnamcot.jpg

NAKHON RATCHASIMA, Nov 29 (TNA) – The Department of International Trade Promotion led a Japanese buyer delegation to sign a purchase agreement for bananas with farmers in Nakhon Ratchasima Province.

The agreement involves the purchase of 5,000 tons of bananas, worth over 100 million baht.

Ms. Natthiya Sujinda, Deputy Director-General of the Department of International Trade Promotion, Ministry of Commerce, revealed that the department served as a witness in the signing of the banana trade agreement between farmers in the Sengsang District, Nakhon Ratchasima and the Japanese buyer delegation.

Full story: Thai News Agency 2023-11-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

I can sell mine.  The only that eats them is the horse and labs. 

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

1701247311_367718-tnamcot.jpg

NAKHON RATCHASIMA, Nov 29 (TNA) – The Department of International Trade Promotion led a Japanese buyer delegation to sign a purchase agreement for bananas with farmers in Nakhon Ratchasima Province.

The agreement involves the purchase of 5,000 tons of bananas, worth over 100 million baht.

Ms. Natthiya Sujinda, Deputy Director-General of the Department of International Trade Promotion, Ministry of Commerce, revealed that the department served as a witness in the signing of the banana trade agreement between farmers in the Sengsang District, Nakhon Ratchasima and the Japanese buyer delegation.

Full story: Thai News Agency 2023-11-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribei can see

Edited by arick

Oh Good all those Vacant plots of land around the country---where Banana Trees have been planted , was really just forward thinking by the developers, and not  to avoid the Vacant land tax that was brought in 2 years ago. .

Who would have thought such foresight......:omfg:

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, neeray said:

I routinely eat about a dozen bananas a week but 5,000 tons, admittedly for a whole country, is a <deleted>e load of bananas

I gave up buying bananas from street vendors hanging them outside. Last 2 times i bought them this way there were tiny white worms inside the bananas. I hope this deal does not backfire on Thailand from something stupid like that.... 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, thesetat said:

I gave up buying bananas from street vendors hanging them outside. Last 2 times i bought them this way there were tiny white worms inside the bananas. I hope this deal does not backfire on Thailand from something stupid like that.... 

Yikes, I hope it goes well. That is a bunch of bananas.