Diversity is our strength

stoner

this has been going on long before social media, but social media has taken this to a whole new level. when i was younger it was newspapers, TV and radio news and talk shows that used to do this. there was very little fact checking and much fake news filtered through. even the term 'FAKE NEWS' is relatively new. before, we used to gobble up whatever was thrown at us and base our divisive opinions on that.

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, stoner said:

The "algorithm " must be confused by me.  I often read Reddit, which is crawling with Liberal Arts degree holders and leans heavily to the left.  I've never learned anything by having my biases confirmed or hanging out in an echo chamber.

What's interesting about r/canada is that is has swung quite far to the right since the young'uns can't get a mortgage and struggle to pay the rent. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 minute ago, Bobthegimp said:

What's interesting about r/canada is that is has swung quite far to the right since the young'uns can't get a mortgage and struggle to pay the rent.

i left 20 years ago. saw the writing on the wall. 

ohhhh canada. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

Just now, stoner said:

i left 20 years ago. saw the writing on the wall. 

ohhhh canada. 

I took early retirement a couple of years ago and came over to Thailand last September when my kind was allowed to leave Canada again.  Vancouver is more gorgeous than it was 20 years ago but has big city problems now.  My friends and I agree that it no longer feels like the place we grew up in, and many have left. 

1 minute ago, Bobthegimp said:

I took early retirement a couple of years ago and came over to Thailand last September when my kind was allowed to leave Canada again.  Vancouver is more gorgeous than it was 20 years ago but has big city problems now.  My friends and I agree that it no longer feels like the place we grew up in, and many have left. 

i went home in summer of 2022 (ontario about an hour north east of toronto) and i felt like a stranger in my own home. 

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

errrr... quite wrong there. trudeau is considered much to the left. the right has taken quite a plunge. the young cant get loans on mortgages cos trudeau and his cronies have run the economy to the ground. only a leftist gvt would want 500 000+ immigrants a year. when they are accepted these immigrants then go on welfare...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, parallelman said:

Not according to 'Diversity is NOT a Strength. It WEAKENS Society, Research Clearly Shows' Rafe Heydel-Mankoo on youtube. 

i am glad you took the time to watch the short video and then comment. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

errrr... quite wrong there. trudeau is considered much to the left. the right has taken quite a plunge. the young cant get loans on mortgages cos trudeau and his cronies have run the economy to the ground. only a leftist gvt would want 500 000+ immigrants a year. when they are accepted these immigrants then go on welfare...

r/canada is a sub reddit on the Reddit platform which has swung from the left to the right. Canada as a country has a long way to go to correct its course.

I agree with your sentiments, but those numbers are low.  Add immigrants to temporary foreign workers + foreign students and it comes to well over a million people. 

5 hours ago, parallelman said:

Not according to 'Diversity is NOT a Strength. It WEAKENS Society, Research Clearly Shows' Rafe Heydel-Mankoo on youtube. 

You're looking at it from the wrong side of the equation.  To the owners, who speak through their various puppets, diversity is their strength because it can be used to divide a non homogeneous group of people and turn them against each other, which creates a wonderful subterfuge under which they can continue to plunder the country and gain control over every aspect of our lives. 

30 minutes ago, Bobthegimp said:

r/canada is a sub reddit on the Reddit platform which has swung from the left to the right. Canada as a country has a long way to go to correct its course.

I agree with your sentiments, but those numbers are low.  Add immigrants to temporary foreign workers + foreign students and it comes to well over a million people. 

You're looking at it from the wrong side of the equation.  To the owners, who speak through their various puppets, diversity is their strength because it can be used to divide a non homogeneous group of people and turn them against each other, which creates a wonderful subterfuge under which they can continue to plunder the country and gain control over every aspect of our lives. 

Actually my reference was to try and balance the equation...Oh well :smile:

• Thanks 1

I have a friend also who would accept information, facts, data, news, ideas, all of that, only from certain sources. He was such a bigot.

But I am attaching the same kind of information, just in case this source would please you, even though it refers to the same type of information.

• Thanks 1

On 12/1/2023 at 9:55 AM, charleskerins said:

Ann Coulter   surely you jest

I have a friend also who would accept information, facts, data, news, ideas, all of that, only from certain sources. He was such a bigot.

But I am attaching the same kind of information, just in case this source would please you, even though it refers to the same type of information.

14 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

14 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

I come from a country where the right wing invited illegals into the country to drive down wages and destroy unions then they turned around and blamed it on the Democrats and their BS worked . I can back up that assertion with documented cases . Diversity is a strength when immigrants assimilate and add to the vitality of a country. In America diversity is a plus .

8 hours ago, charleskerins said:

I come from a country where the right wing invited illegals into the country to drive down wages and destroy unions then they turned around and blamed it on the Democrats and their BS worked . I can back up that assertion with documented cases . Diversity is a strength when immigrants assimilate and add to the vitality of a country. In America diversity is a plus .

Thanks. Some substance that we can look at here.

In the last video, the narrative indicates that immigration does have some benefits, but only when the immigration level is low, as it was some years ago.

Currently, the immigration level is too high, as described, ans the result is that these newcomers cannot assimilate, as they are numerous enough to create areas in a host country where their own values dominate. And then problems between cultures arise.

Douglas Murray documents this.

"Douglas Murray went to Doha to have a debate about asylum-seekers. It was in a hostile crowd where everyone else believed asylum-seekers all have a right to come to Europe. The host even suggesting Britain should give up its culture if it offends immigrants."

In my country, Muslims have been welcomed. But they already created their own Middle-East area, where they live all close to each other, right next to the new Mosque that they built, next to the Halal stores.

And in our supermarket stores, women dressed in Burkas walk around, in this store where we used to have small baskets to buy just a few items. The baskets, that were available for as long as I remember, have disappeared, because they were all stolen, the year of the arrival of a great number of Muslims.

Immigration has some benefits, when there is merit in the people that immigrate.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 8:30 AM, parallelman said:

It doesn't come more Orwellian than 'Diversity is our Strength' You know it is just political bunk.

10 hours ago, charleskerins said:

Very few  complained when they

came legally into the USA!

Now its a crisis and its been that way

since the cultural Marxist took control 

of the Wokehouse

imop

1 hour ago, Andre0720 said:

Thanks. Some substance that we can look at here.

In the last video, the narrative indicates that immigration does have some benefits, but only when the immigration level is low, as it was some years ago.

Currently, the immigration level is too high, as described, ans the result is that these newcomers cannot assimilate, as they are numerous enough to create areas in a host country where their own values dominate. And then problems between cultures arise.

Douglas Murray documents this.

"Douglas Murray went to Doha to have a debate about asylum-seekers. It was in a hostile crowd where everyone else believed asylum-seekers all have a right to come to Europe. The host even suggesting Britain should give up its culture if it offends immigrants."

In my country, Muslims have been welcomed. But they already created their own Middle-East area, where they live all close to each other, right next to the new Mosque that they built, next to the Halal stores.

And in our supermarket stores, women dressed in Burkas walk around, in this store where we used to have small baskets to buy just a few items. The baskets, that were available for as long as I remember, have disappeared, because they were all stolen, the year of the arrival of a great number of Muslims.

Immigration has some benefits, when there is merit in the people that immigrate.

"Immigration has some benefits, when there is merit in the people that immigrate."  Great quote  your words? If so well done.

53 minutes ago, riclag said:

Very few  complained when they

came legally into the USA!

Now its a crisis and its been that way

since the cultural Marxist took control 

of the Wokehouse

imop

This is satire right? No one could be this brainwashed could they ?     It's been a crisis since Nixon was President is  he the  cultural  Marxist to whom you refer?     Deprogram   

On 12/2/2023 at 6:16 PM, Andre0720 said:

Ann Coulter didn't posit any facts   "rape culture"  Here's a fact there were almost 1/2 a million rapes in the US last year and immigrants didn't commit the vast majority of them . She's a bigot. 

Edited by charleskerins

On 12/3/2023 at 7:56 PM, charleskerins said:

"Immigration has some benefits, when there is merit in the people that immigrate."  Great quote  your words? If so well done.

Well yes, my words. I often use this word 'merit', often when I discuss the notion of 'Interest' and 'to like or not'.

My son would know that I wrote something, when he sees this word. When I say for example, "It is more accurate to say that one does not know about something, rather than saying, 'I do not like something, or I am not interested in something.

I used to ask people to tell me something that they know well, and do not like. After getting some startling responses, I started adding, 'something that you know well, and has merit.." It eliminates such responses as 'Violence', answer that I did get once.

Now take a listen to this video of an event that happened in a small town in France....

• Thanks 1