Thai smile

soalbundy

It sounds like the frames were chosen first.  Then a few days later the eye exam was done.  
The frames alone could have been 10000 baht.  Some frames can be expensive.  Then the remaining cost of the total was for the lenses. Depending on the quality and type of lenses the cost could be high.  And bifocal lenses are more expensive than regular lenses.   
And most eyeglass shops in Thailand will like you to believe they are giving you a deal 

22 hours ago, soalbundy said:

A few days ago I went to Top C****** to get new bifocal glasses, I picked out a pair I liked, I was told they had been reduced by 50% and would cost about 10K. Yesterday I went and got measured up for them (eye check etc). all the forms were filled out, a last check to how they sit. "How much will this be"

"37,880 Baht they've been reduced 30%"

"What!! You told me they had been reduced by 50% and would cost 10,000 Baht"

I received wide eyes and a beautiful smile as an answer.

I ordered them anyway.

...sometimes you just can't see it coming

• Haha 1

I bought a pair of Ray Ban sunglasses from them.

They were at 75% off.

I did buy them, while telling them that their price paying only 25% of the sticker price, is the regular price in my country.

Just the way it is.

And your optical  glasses would cost about half of what you paid in any other country, with a 2 year full no-question asked insurance.

No such insurance here...

• Like 1

On 11/30/2023 at 8:47 AM, soalbundy said:

A few days ago I went to Top C****** to get new bifocal glasses, I picked out a pair I liked, I was told they had been reduced by 50% and would cost about 10K. Yesterday I went and got measured up for them (eye check etc). all the forms were filled out, a last check to how they sit. "How much will this be"

"37,880 Baht they've been reduced 30%"

"What!! You told me they had been reduced by 50% and would cost 10,000 Baht"

I received wide eyes and a beautiful smile as an answer.

I ordered them anyway.

You definitely need those glasses, they saw you coming but you didn’t see them.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

You definitely need those glasses, they saw you coming but you didn’t see them.

Actually I'm not so sure about that now having asked around quite a bit. obviously the frames are a fashion thing and vastly overpriced, also glass lenses are no longer glass but plastic but you get what you pay for, behind the lens industry is a vast network of digital machines and programmers and this industry sets the price to make a large profit, the outlets also need profit and are labour intensive, some outlets will be cheaper than others but the base costs will be similar. I have had my last pair from them for 10 years and I haven't been kind to them regarding usage but they are still serviceable. Compared to simple reading glasses bifocals are complicated products.

• Like 2