Thai smile

soalbundy

4 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Actually I'm not so sure about that now having asked around quite a bit. obviously the frames are a fashion thing and vastly overpriced, also glass lenses are no longer glass but plastic but you get what you pay for, behind the lens industry is a vast network of digital machines and programmers and this industry sets the price to make a large profit, the outlets also need profit and are labour intensive, some outlets will be cheaper than others but the base costs will be similar. I have had my last pair from them for 10 years and I haven't been kind to them regarding usage but they are still serviceable. Compared to simple reading glasses bifocals are complicated products.

I was talking about being given a price of 10,000 and suddenly being told it’s 37,000. I had specs made in Cambodia at a fraction of the prices in Thailand with no loss of quality but I get mine done back home far cheaper than here.

5 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

I was talking about being given a price of 10,000 and suddenly being told it’s 37,000. I had specs made in Cambodia at a fraction of the prices in Thailand with no loss of quality but I get mine done back home far cheaper than here.

That was my bad, she was referring to the frame I picked up and showed her. I need what is called a progressive lens which has basically 3 different strengths. I don't think these lenses are made in Thailand, the best ones are made in the USA and Ireland. Cambodia has a poor health system, Cambodians come to my area even for just dental treatment, so it surprises me that you could get your eyes checked on these sophisticated machines (that my eyes were checked on anyway) in Cambodia. My case is complicated by the fact that my nose was broken some 50 years ago and the center of sight has to be somewhat offset (but I'm still a handsam man, so I'm told by the missus)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, soalbundy said:

That was my bad, she was referring to the frame I picked up and showed her. I need what is called a progressive lens which has basically 3 different strengths. I don't think these lenses are made in Thailand, the best ones are made in the USA and Ireland. Cambodia has a poor health system,

Progressive lenses are available in Thailand.  My wife had them made through Diamond Eyes.  See my earlier post.

Or did you miss it because you weren't wearing your specs?🤣🤣

Edited by Raindancer

55 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

Progressive lenses are available in Thailand.  My wife had them made through Diamond Eyes.  See my earlier post.

Or did you miss it because you weren't wearing your specs?🤣🤣

Of course they are available, I'm buying a pair, however I don't think the lenses are made in Thailand. Diamond eyes aren't a thing in my area so its a choice between two Top Charoen sites.

22 hours ago, soalbundy said:

You're all like dog with a bone. I can afford it and I'm looking forward to getting a quality product in a few days time.

Yes, a lot of folks saying price too high but few alternatives offered.

I recently went to Top C as well and paid premium price but my glasses and backup pair each broke same place and I was going in to work with tape on the frames.

Wanted to get it done and dusted and Top C is right around the corner from work.

I got new specs in a timely manner which was important to me.

Same as it ever was, I remember as a kid my dad told me anything you buy, after the fact, some guy at work will say you paid too much.

That guy is never around to steer you before you buy unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1