Pattaya blogger and historian discusses Tahitian Queen during the Vietnam War.

Goat

1 minute ago, stoner said:

for a guy that never pays for women you start an awful lot of threads about the subject. 

Hey Stonehead, how about watching the link and then commenting. 

Do you pay for women? Why?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Goat said:

📸 Watch this video on Facebook
https://fb.watch/oDKC7VOOqI/?mibextid=VI5BsZ

Good morning,

Famous Thai vlogger and long term Pattaya resident Dan Cheeseman takes his young family for a stroll down the Coconut Bar.

Interestingly he claims that the Tahitian Queen is "Pattaya's oldest bar" and that "all the soldiers and navy men come from America during the (Vietnam) war"

Firstly, the Tahitian Queen isnt Pattaya's oldest bar even though it tries to claim it is. It is Pattaya's first gogo bar.

Secondly it opened in 1978, three long years after the war was over. 

Dan just made up the story about the soldiers and navy men. 

It didnt happen.

Dan also claims that the Joe Lewis Puppet show "welcomed the Americans during 'their' war"

I doubt it was there pre 1973. Does anyone actually know?

He also seems to think Royal Garden Plaza was around during the war, but that didnt open until 1993.

He also talks about all the "5 star restaurants along beach road" but not actually naming any. What are they? There are a few good ones but are they really 5 star?

Should vloggers be factually accurate or should they never let the truth get in the way of a good story?

I was in Pattaya last month, went into Tahitian Queen, was around 10am, there was only a cleaner there, asked her if I could have a look around, she said no problem, anyway I went in there in 1980, in my 20's, as far as I can remember the stage was in the middle and it still is. Brought back great memories. 

Edited by roo860
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Goat said:

Firstly, the Tahitian Queen isnt Pattaya's oldest bar even though it tries to claim it is. It is Pattaya's first gogo bar.

The claim is that it's the oldest bar still in existence. If that's not accurate, then the onus is on you to name the other bar that holds the record. While we hear your claim sometimes, we never get the name. Why's that?

Of course it wasn't the first bar. Amusingly, the owners first had a little bar over on Soi Post Office and people would ask why they had chosen a location so far away, practically out of town. :)

But the Dan Cheesman claims are the usual fiction. It's embarrassing. Why isn't he banned like other promulgators of misinformation? Oh, wait . . . . 

Edited by BigStar
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Goat said:

📸 Watch this video on Facebook
https://fb.watch/oDKC7VOOqI/?mibextid=VI5BsZ

Good morning,

Famous Thai vlogger and long term Pattaya resident Dan Cheeseman takes his young family for a stroll down the Coconut Bar.

Interestingly he claims that the Tahitian Queen is "Pattaya's oldest bar" and that "all the soldiers and navy men come from America during the (Vietnam) war"

Secondly it opened in 1978, three long years after the war was over. 

Dan just made up the story about the soldiers and navy men. 

It didnt happen.

Dan also claims that the Joe Lewis Puppet show "welcomed the Americans during 'their' war"

I doubt it was there pre 1973. Does anyone actually know?

He also seems to think Royal Garden Plaza was around during the war, but that didnt open until 1993.

He also talks about all the "5 star restaurants along beach road" but not actually naming any. What are they? There are a few good ones but are they really 5 star?

Should vloggers be factually accurate or should they never let the truth get in the way of a good story?

Ignore them and don't concern yourself with their "ethics".

I'd rather watch an old A J P Taylor lecture anytime.

Here's one now if anybody is interested:

Edited by Enoon
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, BigStar said:

But the Dan Cheesman claims are the usual fiction. It's embarrassing.

Dan the Cheeseman's stories are what i would descibe as loosely based on a true story.

Here is what it was really like.....

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Goat said:

Here is what it was really like.....

Interesting, but fails to dispel the common myth it purports to dispel. Pattaya R&R was relaxing at a beach and going fishing. Oh, there was a bar and restaurant. :) The sex scene R&R was in Bangkok and the developed locations mentioned as destinations towards the end of the vid.

U-Tapao had its own sanctioned scene at Newland, even further away from Pattaya, not mentioned by the vid to falsely imply it was at Pattaya. Oh, here's a Newland bar whose purpose is obvious:

image.png.f5b2699de4a89ae71dbfb717caa67cf1.png

Still waiting for you to name of the oldest bar still in existence, since you claim TQ isn't. What's the delay? Perhaps you've fallen under Dan's influence.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

I used to windsurf off Pattaya beach some time around 1980s, pretty sure the TQ was there then, much later I became quite friendly with one of the owners when he and I lived in Singapore. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I am devastated that I cannot watch this thrilling blogger ,as I dont have and

never will have a Farcebook account......:whistling:  what a pity

regards Worgeordie 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4577nd0WMM

No excuse :tongue:

I have an FB account. It has no real personal data.

Live in Nowhere Oklahoma.

I use it to read useful information from businesses etc.

I can skip the breakfast pictures of some of the few mates who know who is behind the account.

Edited by KhunBENQ

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4577nd0WMM

No excuse :tongue:

I have an FB account. It has no real personal data.

Live in Nowhere Oklahoma.

I use it to read useful information from businesses etc.

I can skip the breakfast pictures of some of the few mates who know who is behind the account.

It was sarcasm ,  sorry you did not get that ,

regards worgeordie 

40 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

I used to windsurf off Pattaya beach some time around 1980s, pretty sure the TQ was there then, much later I became quite friendly with one of the owners when he and I lived in Singapore. 

It was there in 1980, I went in the place.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rimmer said:

opened 1978

If you have any photos of your time in Pattaya in the 80s i think they would be interesting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigStar said:

the oldest bar still in existence,

Ah, the old qualifier not mentioned by your mate Dan or in their advertising sign.

The weary troops loved it mate.

It burned down a few years ago and they rebuilt it. Its a replica.

Also a couple of years ago it was again saved by crowd funding.

Bars in the now walking street are older but may have had name changes.

Marine was there and actually did serve the Vietnam troops.

47 minutes ago, Goat said:

Ah, the old qualifier not mentioned by your mate Dan or in their advertising sign.

So you don't know of any older bar. "In existence" is obvious and an unneeded qualifier for those with common sense. 

It burned down a few years ago and they rebuilt it. Its a replica.

Are you Dan's alias? It did not burn down. The sections damaged were rebuilt. Even the music collection remained intact. It was closed a couple of weeks, maybe. Incredibly fast repairs, for Thailand.

Also a couple of years ago it was again saved by crowd funding.

Totally irrelevant. It was open when the law allowed bars to open. Nothing changed.

Bars in the now walking street are older but may have had name changes.

Oh, same bars, LOL. Still look same, outside & in? Same style of music?

Name change = different bar under new management differentiating from the old bar. A building may be used for many different bars over time. TQ doesn't claim that it's the oldest building in Pattaya. If it did, you could happily squawk about that.

Marine was there and actually did serve the Vietnam troops.

Served alcohol. And did that stay the same bar throughout the 70s, 80s, 90s, and 2000s?

Yawn. What a silly post to try to avoid admitting that, no, you don't know of any bar in Pattaya older than the TQ. Now if you did, I wouldn't care. But I figured you were just blowing hot air, and indeed you were.

Edited by BigStar
  • Love It 1

5 hours ago, roo860 said:

I was in Pattaya last month, went into Tahitian Queen, was around 10am, there was only a cleaner there, asked her if I could have a look around, she said no problem, anyway I went in there in 1980, in my 20's, as far as I can remember the stage was in the middle and it still is. Brought back great memories. 

Edited 5 hours ago by roo860

roo, I was also there in 1980. Not sure about the stage in the middle. I do remember small stages at the side just with one pole and dancer at each.

• Like 1