British citizen stranded in Thai hospital with a 400,000 baht plea to escape

snoop1130

1 hour ago, The Fugitive said:

100% correct on UK NHS. When my Mum was dying of cancer I had to call a 'GoToDoc' (out of hours mobile GP). He told me; 'Don't put your Mum in ..... hospital. They killed my grandmother'. Unfortunately, I had no choice. I saw nurses doing things then hearing them being told; 'Try reading the patient's notes'. The standard answer was; 'I've only just arrived upon this ward, haven't got time'. 

Exactly that, and arrogant consultants making poor / ego driven decisions. 

I lost my brother plus a close friend's daughter through their negligence. One being an ongoing legal case. 

Interesting to hear a GP actually said that to you!

50 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Exactly that, and arrogant consultants making poor / ego driven decisions. 

I lost my brother plus a close friend's daughter through their negligence. One being an ongoing legal case. 

Interesting to hear a GP actually said that to you!

He certainly did! Also explained what had happened to my Mum (Ovarian Cancer) could have been avoided. She had a hysterectomy back in 1972. At that time it was normal to leave one ovary in-situ. The result according to this GP; 'They've killed thousands of women'.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2024 at 3:34 PM, kwilco said:

THat works fine until it's you....

I don't ride bikes and have a fully paid up travel insurance. I certainly know from riding 1000cc in the uk you don't get on 2 wheels without full kit. 

On 2/9/2024 at 5:47 PM, The Fugitive said:

He certainly did! Also explained what had happened to my Mum (Ovarian Cancer) could have been avoided. She had a hysterectomy back in 1972. At that time it was normal to leave one ovary in-situ. The result according to this GP; 'They've killed thousands of women'.

"

• Partial hysterectomy or total hysterectomy. A partial hysterectomy removes your uterus, and a total hysterectomy removes your uterus and your cervix. Both procedures leave your ovaries intact, so you can still develop ovarian cancer."

1 hour ago, Poseidon said:

I don't ride bikes and have a fully paid up travel insurance. I certainly know from riding 1000cc in the uk you don't get on 2 wheels without full kit. 

Don't quite see how that relates to my comment.

However the lack of protective clothing amongst foreigners on m/Cs is definitely a problem.