Thai woman slaps Thai woman. Possible legal consequences?

OneMoreFarang

We have a Thai laundry woman in our building, she is maybe 50 and she likes to criticize everybody. 

It seems that she talked bad about another Thai woman, who used to live in the same building, on social media.

And then that criticized woman came to here to the laundry shop and slapped the laundry woman. I have no idea how little or hard that slap was.

After that the laundry woman was lying on the floor in front of her shop complaining about the other woman and unfair life and all that.

Then it seems she called the police and an ambulance. I saw her sitting with the police officer crying and complaining.

I am interested what possible consequences might come from this.

Until now I saw a couple of Thai fights but it seems after fighting each other nobody told the police.

But in this case she talked to the police and she called an ambulance.

I don't think she was hurt seriously. She could sit and talk.

What could happen?

A fine? Jail sentence? And would that be a long private court case or a criminal offence or what?

I "know" the laundry lady and possibly I also "know" the woman who slapped her. But I have no personal contact with them. I am just an observer.

Any ideas?

If possible, please post only legal information which you are sure about, no speculation or information what would happen in another country.

Edited by OneMoreFarang
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I would guess the police walked away chuckling to themselves. They understand Thai women a lot better than we do. They tolerate them in an annoying child sort of way, give them a smack when they need it. Typical childish woman wanting a bit of drama and attention. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

I would guess the police walked away chuckling to themselves. They understand Thai women a lot better than we do. They tolerate them in an annoying child sort of way, give them a smack when they need it. Typical childish woman wanting a bit of drama and attention. 

I guess the police officer wanted to just walk away. But I am not so sure if he can just do that without possible consequences.

I know he was sitting together with her at least for half an hour, maybe longer. 

46 minutes ago, petermik said:

Can she actually prove it?

Her shop is near other shops in the basement floor.

Possibly they were shouting at each other before the slap happened. And possibly people from the nearby shops watched at that time.

My gf was at the hairdresser maybe 20m away from her shop and she knows part of the drama.

I guess she has to go back to the hairdresser to get an update about the story. Maybe in a day or two... 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

I would guess the police walked away chuckling to themselves. They understand Thai women a lot better than we do. They tolerate them in an annoying child sort of way, give them a smack when they need it.

That's a pretty nasty (false) allegation that Thai police give women slaps when "they need it".

• Haha 2

On 12/1/2023 at 8:45 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

We have a Thai laundry woman in our building, she is maybe 50 and she likes to criticize everybody. 

It seems that she talked bad about another Thai woman, who used to live in the same building, on social media.

And then that criticized woman came to here to the laundry shop and slapped the laundry woman. I have no idea how little or hard that slap was.

After that the laundry woman was lying on the floor in front of her shop complaining about the other woman and unfair life and all that.

Then it seems she called the police and an ambulance. I saw her sitting with the police officer crying and complaining.

Until now I saw a couple of Thai fights but it seems after fighting each other nobody told the police.

What could happen?

A fine? Jail sentence? And would that be a long private court case or a criminal offence or what?

I "know" the laundry lady and possibly I also "know" the woman who slapped her. But I have no personal contact with them. I am just an observer.

Any ideas?

If possible, please post only legal information which you are sure about, no speculation or information what would happen in another country.

'Slapped' with a Bt100 fine most probably.:wink:

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/1/2023 at 8:45 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

What could happen?

Any ideas?

The next news will be an all in Bitch fight, hope it is televised  :smile:

On 12/2/2023 at 1:19 PM, PeachCH said:

Who cares when 2 Thai women kick their asses and no falang involved. 

Surprised there was just the slap, no retaliation and no hair pulling which seems to be the ladies  favoured fight tactic here.

I've only seen both in real life here once or twice. I see it almost every night on the Thai soaps my wife loves to watch.

Seriously though if the police get involved pretty sure that in the absence of obvious injury they would try and resolve this without arresting and charging the slapper but the laundrylady could insist on them taking it further if there were witnesses to back her allegation and sufficient evidence of injury. Another poster has given us the applicable section of the Thai Penal Code. Not sure if " loss of face"  alone meets the Penal Code requirement of injury.

1 minute ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Surprised there was just the slap, no retaliation and no hair pulling which seems to be the ladies  favoured fight tactic here.

I've only seen both in real life here once or twice. I see it almost every night on the Thai soaps my wife loves to watch.

Seriously though if the police get involved pretty sure that in the absence of obvious injury they would try and resolve this without arresting and charging the slapper but the laundrylady could insist on them taking it further if there were witnesses to back her allegation and sufficient evidence of injury. Another poster has given us the applicable section of the Thai Penal Code. Not sure if " loss of face"  alone meets the Penal Code requirement of injury.

And another thought: the slapper might well have a civil claim for defamation and injury to reputation ( in Thai read that as " loss of face") against the laundrylady if she's been slagged off on social media. So a slap might be trifling compared to that. The police will probably point this out and suggest yjat insisting on a criminal prosecution might not be such a good course to take.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 11:25 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Thailand Penal Code, Section 295. Whoever, causes injury to the other person in body or mind is said to commit bodily harm, and shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding two years or fined not exceeding four thousand Baht, or both.

Since the laundry lady committed the original offense (by this statute) "Hurting mind by posting on social media" the police would consider the slap to be retribution and case closed.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Kalasin Jo said:

mate, not only in thailand.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:
On 12/2/2023 at 12:25 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Thailand Penal Code, Section 295. Whoever, causes injury to the other person in body or mind is said to commit bodily harm, and shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding two years or fined not exceeding four thousand Baht, or both.

Since the laundry lady committed the original offense (by this statute) "Hurting mind by posting on social media" the police would consider the slap to be retribution and case closed.

What?  Cobbler's.