Overstay Fine After 90 Days Stamp On Arrival

Hi,

Im coming back to Thailand for 8 days in August. However I only have 5 days left out of my 90 days stamp on arrival visa. Therefore I will overstay by 3 days! Will this be OK when I go to immigration at the airport, as I am happy to pay my overstay fine.

The problem I have is im currently Leaving HK and travelling through China, and every city which has a Thai consulate, I arrive there at the weekend. I dont have suffiecint time to stay the extra 2 days for my Thai visa. I was going to get my Thai Tourist visa in HK but I've not had time as I had to hand in my passport for the China visa for 3 days!

Thanks

I presume you mean 3*30 days in 180 and you have already used 85 of them ? If you are talking about a 90 day visa stamp then that visa finishes the moment you leave the country.

If so, you may be able, and may be asked for your plane ticket as evidence if you have one, to extend your stay legally by a maximum of 7 days at a Thai immigration office for Bt1900. Your overstay would be Bt1500 but you run risks and will end up with a stamp in your passport stating that you did overstay.

Your other option is to get a tourist visa but you state that you will be unable to do so. It also seems that from your stay in Thailand using entry stamps you did not have the time to get a proper visa before arriving thus negating these problems.

Perhaps you should only return for 5 days and stay the other 3 days somewhere else. There are a minimum of 14 days from now before you return to Thailand. I would get a visa or come for only 5 days if my reading of the situation is correct.

I presume you mean 3*30 days in 180 and you have already used 85 of them ? If you are talking about a 90 day visa stamp then that visa finishes the moment you leave the country.

If so, you may be able, and may be asked for your plane ticket as evidence if you have one, to extend your stay legally by a maximum of 7 days at a Thai immigration office for Bt1900. Your overstay would be Bt1500 but you run risks and will end up with a stamp in your passport stating that you did overstay.

Your other option is to get a tourist visa but you state that you will be unable to do so. It also seems that from your stay in Thailand using entry stamps you did not have the time to get a proper visa before arriving thus negating these problems.

Perhaps you should only return for 5 days and stay the other 3 days somewhere else. There are a minimum of 14 days from now before you return to Thailand. I would get a visa or come for only 5 days if my reading of the situation is correct.

Yes I've had 3 x 30 days in 180. I only found out recently about the 60 days Tourist visa, other wise I would of got that from the start of my trip! Maybe ill try my hardest to get a Tourist visa from the consulate in China. I cant leave Thailand once I arrive as I fly to UK on 13th Aug. Obviously I dont want to be 'blacklisted' as I intend to return to Thailand in the future. I already had to pay a 3 days overstay upon my 1st entry as the border offical stamped my passport with the wrong date on arrival!

Thanks for the info

Hi,

Im coming back to Thailand for 8 days in August. However I only have 5 days left out of my 90 days stamp on arrival visa. Therefore I will overstay by 3 days!

Be careful if immigration catch you during those three days you could end up in big trouble buddy! Stay safe.

Yes I've had 3 x 30 days in 180. I only found out recently about the 60 days Tourist visa, other wise I would of got that from the start of my trip! Maybe ill try my hardest to get a Tourist visa from the consulate in China. I cant leave Thailand once I arrive as I fly to UK on 13th Aug. Obviously I dont want to be 'blacklisted' as I intend to return to Thailand in the future. I already had to pay a 3 days overstay upon my 1st entry as the border offical stamped my passport with the wrong date on arrival!

Thanks for the info

I don't know, maybe they would be lenient and stamp you in for 30 days, or just not let you in at all???

...the border offical stamped my passport with the wrong date on arrival!

Or did you by mistake think that you would be allowed to stay one month? A visa-exempt entry is for a maximum of 30 days, including days of arrival and departure, eg admitted 15 January until 13 February. Always check the stamp in your passport. If the border official made a mistake and you discover it only later, you can have it corrected at any Immigration office in Thailand.

--

Maestro

Do they tot up the days when youu arrive ? I thought it was only on departure. However if they do it on arrival they may make a specific point if they see you only have 5 days left and warn you not to overstay.But good luck please let us know what happens :o

Edited by Pomrakuhn

is the first day of overstay still free ?

No. If you have only one day overstay and if you depart from Bangkok airport it is possible that you may not get charged an overstay fee but there is no guarantee, and you will anyway still get an overstay note in you passport. If you have two or more days overstay you definitely pay the fine for all days including the first day.

--

Maestro