Does the amphur and the embassy share a divorce with immigration or not at all?

Jack1988

Even if they don't share that information, be careful what you do - or your friend.

Let's say you still have 11 months until you have to extend your visa and maybe you think if nobody shares any information then all will be fine.

But imagine that after 10 months, for whatever stupid reason, someone at immigration finds out that you used for the last 10 months a visa which was not valid for you anymore. Then this is legally, as far as I know, the same as having no visa. So, you just overstayed for 10 months - and that might have consequences.

I know a guy who had a business visa and then he retired and didn't change his visa. And when he left Thailand many months later, he was told that he didn't have a valid visa anymore for several months because he didn't work anymore. I don't remember the consequences for him. Just be aware that there might be consequences. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Even if they don't share that information, be careful what you do - or your friend.

Let's say you still have 11 months until you have to extend your visa and maybe you think if nobody shares any information then all will be fine.

But imagine that after 10 months, for whatever stupid reason, someone at immigration finds out that you used for the last 10 months a visa which was not valid for you anymore. Then this is legally, as far as I know, the same as having no visa. So, you just overstayed for 10 months - and that might have consequences.

I know a guy who had a business visa and then he retired and didn't change his visa. And when he left Thailand many months later, he was told that he didn't have a valid visa anymore for several months because he didn't work anymore. I don't remember the consequences for him. Just be aware that there might be consequences. 

my friend will leave, he will not need to renew any visa. Just exit from the country

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

If somebody divorced, and should like to renew his marriage visa, is risky, because the immigration office ask the fresh confirmation document, issued b Amphur, the marriage are live. I was visited the Amphur, ask the new marriage certification. (K ror. 2.) Just 20 thb .