Catarrh.

NoshowJones

33 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

There are a wide variety of "brown cough medicines" which would sort this. 

That will be the ones with the red leopard you get in 7-11. I knew about them, but I do not have a cough, I will give it a go. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, NoshowJones said:

Just a tickily one that I don't need to do, I usually just let the catarrh go away. It just gets annoying. 

Even if someone guesses the issue you still need a pharmacy. Id use a thai app to write down in detail your problem. Show them. Ask what it might be. Get drugs for it.

1 hour ago, NoshowJones said:

I keep getting a tickling sensation from catarrh at the back of my throat which gives me a tickly cough.

Is there anyway to stop this?

This stuff is pretty good…& turn off the ac & point the fan so it’s not blowing on you during sleep 

IMG_1242.png

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, novacova said:

This stuff is pretty good…& turn off the ac & point the fan so it’s not blowing on you during sleep 

IMG_1242.png

Thanks. Nice to get a sensible answer for a change. I have no bother sleeping at all.

3 minutes ago, novacova said:

IMG_1242.png

Both my wife and I had this problem recently. Hers was accompanied by a persistent cough.

We used this spray and the problem was soon resolved. I also flushed my nasal passages with salt water using a neti pot to clear the crap out. She was a bit hesitant about that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/3/2023 at 11:13 AM, NoshowJones said:

I keep getting a tickling sensation from catarrh at the back of my throat which gives me a tickly cough.

Is there anyway to stop this?

Makhampom. Made by Abhibhubehr Herbal hospital. My wife buys it at the local chemist.

• Thanks 1

What is the main cause of catarrh?

It's believed that catarrh happens when your body responds to things like an infection or an irritant. This reaction can cause swelling in your nose and sinuses, leading to an increase in the amount of mucus that's made. Catarrh is often only temporary.

How do you get rid of catarrh?

A pharmacist can help with catarrh

You could ask a pharmacist about: decongestants and other medicines to help relieve catarrh. salt water nose rinses – you can get several types, including specially designed bottles, nasal sprays and sachets.

By the term you are using.  You have a build up of mucus which is causing a tickle in your throat.  Such as post nasal drip.
You should go to the pharmacy and get a decongestant .  And also irrigate your nose with a saline rinse. 

My catarrh is caused by mild asthma. I used to have to use an inhaler when I lived in the UK but the hot humid weather is good for me but I still get some catarrh in the mornings. The Netti pot is good advice