Victim Warns Public To Beware Of Fake Lottery Tickets

webfact

image.jpeg

GOING VIRAL on Thai social media is a warning by a woman to be careful when buying lottery tickets because she ended up with a fake one, TV Channel 7 said this evening (Dec. 3).

In her post the victim said: “Warning to brothers, sisters, mothers and everyone who likes buying government lottery tickets. Today I was hit. I was not fussy when I bought it because I do so very often. But later when I picked it up to check the number and spread it, it looked odd, the number looked like a photocopy and the flipside was faded.

“I was certain it was fake and when I used saliva to rub it – it turned really bad.

“The location is in front of 7-Eleven within Phrueksa 3 housing estate, before Lotus opposite Khrua Nua coffee shop. The man selling these tickets is tall and old, speaks politely and wears a hat.”

by TNR Staff 

The fake lottery ticket Oranong bought. Photo: TV Channel 7

Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2023-12-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

3 hours ago, webfact said:

“The location is in front of 7-Eleven within Phrueksa 3 housing estate, before Lotus opposite Khrua Nua coffee shop. The man selling these tickets is tall and old, speaks politely and wears a hat.”

Probably moved on already.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

I was not fussy when I bought it

Says it all, really, if you buy from a random stranger then you take your chances. Incidentally, there are many informal lotteries, but these are guys with established customer bases, you are unlikely to get scammed cos they depend on their reputation to operate.