microsoft surface Pro 7 warranty question

paddypower

excuse if this is a duplicate question. My warrant is one week out from expiring. for several months my battery has been losing charge, more and more quickly. I done all the self servicing, (closing power-sucking apps and all the other recommendations from MS). the max I get from a full charge is 3 hours. other tests include one showing 50% loss in 1 hour. I wrote MS support, as I cannot contact the support line atm. the only choice seems to be to place a repair/service order, which they are quoting 10500. My question: does the standard 12 month warrant cover the battery performance degrading as much as I described. ? thanks for any advice.

Contact MS by phone.

You have to send the device to them, and you will get a repaired one or new one returned.

I did this before (I think two times) without problems.

As far as I see that should be done on warranty.

Don't forget to backup all your data! 

Edited by OneMoreFarang
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Contact MS by phone.

You have to send the device to them, and you will get a repaired one or new one returned.

I did this before (I think two times) without problems.

As far as I see that should be done on warranty.

Don't forget to backup all your data! 

Thanks for that advice, really appreciate it!! yeah, ive done a back up. actually Ill do a another on a 2nd external hard drive, (b/c I'm Irish: ''just to be sure to be sure'' ) 555

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, paddypower said:

Thanks for that advice, really appreciate it!! yeah, ive done a back up. actually Ill do a another on a 2nd external hard drive, (b/c I'm Irish: ''just to be sure to be sure'' ) 555

Maybe you did it already, make also sure you know all your passwords. Or extract them from your PC before you send it out.

NirSoft has great software to do that. 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2023 at 12:14 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe you did it already, make also sure you know all your passwords. Or extract them from your PC before you send it out.

On 12/4/2023 at 12:14 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

one more step Format drive C. and I'm puzzled by the message: cannot format drive as it includes W11. FAQ provides guidance on formatting a HD partition. but thats not the answer, is it? hoping I can get this out of the way, as the pick up of the tablet is scheduled for today.  

1 hour ago, paddypower said:

one more step Format drive C. and I'm puzzled by the message: cannot format drive as it includes W11. FAQ provides guidance on formatting a HD partition. but thats not the answer, is it? hoping I can get this out of the way, as the pick up of the tablet is scheduled for today.  

Why would you want to format drive C?

If you want to make sure there is no personal data on that thing, use the built in Windows function to erase everything. I think you can find it when you search for reset or something like that.

On 12/7/2023 at 9:07 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Why would you want to format drive C?

If you want to make sure there is no personal data on that thing, use the built in Windows function to erase everything. I think you can find it when you search for reset or something like that.

ignorance of all owners manuals and fast on the draw are 2 of my favourite pastimes. all done and replacement machine is on its way . thanks for holding my hand. :)

• Thumbs Up 1