Windows 10 Pro

Mavideol

20 minutes ago, JaiMaai said:

Next step to try is a fresh install from a USB.

You need to add a file to the sources directory on the USB called ei.cfg

Create it as a text file in notepad.  It should contain the following text:

[EditionID]
Professional
[Channel]
Retail

This should allow you to select Windows 10 Pro at installation.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=ei.cfg+windows+10+pro&refig=055f3ceaa4f54fb7828ccad12158d9b9&lq=0&pq=ei.cfg+

Not necessary if he deleted all partitions in the first place. But guides here have omitted that step. 
But honestly, there are too many ‘suggestions’ going on here. 

22 hours ago, topt said:

Not Lazada but this may be better - or not.......

https://www.premiumcdkeys.com/products/microsoft-windows-10-professional-retail-key

Presumably if you had Pro before you do not have a record of the original key?

Windows 10 or 11 - once you tag it onto a Microsoft account (Hotmail or Outlook), after installation it just validates itself once you login to the account.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, ravip said:

Windows 10 or 11 - once you tag it onto a Microsoft account (Hotmail or Outlook), after installation it just validates itself once you login to the account.

the account is blocked on my kid outlook email address and it appears that's the main problem, every time I run update using different keys abd Win version it always defaults to the original digital key, I decide to remove/format the partion HD which is a Samsung SSD and create a clean HD, how do I do that that's my problem now as I gave up trying the different ways to activate upgrade.

HELP formatting the SSD drive is welcomed

12 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

the account is blocked on my kid outlook email address and it appears that's the main problem, every time I run update using different keys abd Win version it always defaults to the original digital key, I decide to remove/format the partion HD which is a Samsung SSD and create a clean HD, how do I do that that's my problem now as I gave up trying the different ways to activate upgrade.

Currently eating. Will post a guide afterwards. Post the brand and model number of the device. 

9 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

Before formatting your SSD, you must be ready to boot on a flash drive for the next installation. With a bootable installation USB drive you can format the SSD just before the installation.

If I understand you correct, your Microsoft Account is blocked and unrecoverable?

Don't you have a phone number or another email address to recover that account? If so...

1. Create another Microsoft account and make sure to add a phone number & an alternative email for recovery purpose.

2. If you have a licenced Windows 10 Pro DVD, create a bootable USB flash drive with it. You can skip this if you can borrow an external DVD drive.

3. Proceed with the installation.

Just now, ravip said:

Before formatting your SSD, you must be ready to boot on a flash drive for the next installation. With a bootable installation USB drive you can format the SSD just before the installation.

If I understand you correct, your Microsoft Account is blocked and unrecoverable?

Don't you have a phone number or another email address to recover that account? If so...

1. Create another Microsoft account and make sure to add a phone number & an alternative email for recovery purpose.

2. If you have a licenced Windows 10 Pro DVD, create a bootable USB flash drive with it. You can skip this if you can borrow an external DVD drive.

3. Proceed with the installation.

account not blocked  the upgrade is blocked and always defaults back to win 10 home single language

2 minutes ago, NextG said:

I’ll get back to you when I’ve finished eating etc

Ok sounds great and do appreciate the effort.... trying to access their BIOS to change from SATA to AHCI (Linux, Samsung quire that and my samsung drive can not update until I made that change) and can't do it, already started safe mode to be able to make changes and not possible.... I must be really bad or the brain not working anymore  555

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

Ok sounds great and do appreciate the effort.... trying to access their BIOS to change from SATA to AHCI (Linux, Samsung quire that and my samsung drive can not update until I made that change) and can't do it, already started safe mode to be able to make changes and not possible.... I must be really bad or the brain not working anymore  555

Just relax for now. We’ll take a look at it in an hour. 

5 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

Give this a try...

https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/13993-how-to-change-sata-mode-to-ahci#:~:text=Press the Windows Key ⊞,Mode and switch to AHCI.

2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

did that before posting and it didn't work thus posted about it, ACER appears to be a messy BIOS

This is a bit tricky... so be careful.

How about setting the BIOS to its default and then trying it?

37 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

Active@ KillDisk Freeware

Active@KillDisk will delete all partitions and data.

If the drive you want to clean is your main system drive you'll have to create a bootable flash drive and boot from it.

Be sure to have a bootable operating system to reinstall. 

Download Macrium Reflect FREE Edition - MajorGeeks   lets you BackUp or clone or copy a drive for easy reinstalling of System.

4 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Active@ KillDisk Freeware

Active@KillDisk will delete all partitions and data.

If the drive you want to clean is your main system drive you'll have to create a bootable flash drive and boot from it.

Be sure to have a bootable operating system to reinstall. 

Download Macrium Reflect FREE Edition - MajorGeeks   lets you BackUp or clone or copy a drive for easy reinstalling of System.

well noted and appreciated..... already had a bootable USB ready (just in case) when started to play with it

Edited by Mavideol

23 hours ago, Mavideol said:

I did retrieve the key from the pro version but the problem is that I don't have pro installed, however I do have the key, maybe will try to use Microsoft site install 10 pro without activation and activate later with old key hoping it will work, thanks for the feed back

In that case you don't need to buy anything. As suggested earlier, download the image with media creation tool, and have a blank USB key ready. Install on kid's laptop from that key and apply your previous license key. If this is the same laptop, it should work straight. If it was OEM license and you changed laptop, then it may allow you to use key, it may ask you to contact Microsoft for activation.

But basically - if it's same computer, and genuine key is loaded, and you need to reinstall, you don't need a key as computer would already have a digital license applied, so it would apply the previous key without even asking.

Firstly, follow these steps to create the media (if you haven’t already done so) and to initiate installation from Boot:
https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/55-how-to-use-the-microsoft-windows-10-media-creation-tool-to-correct-boot-issues

For installation, begin from Step 2 here: https://www.groovypost.com/howto/clean-install-Windows-10/

Taking note of deleting the existing partitions in so you are left with only Unallocated Space. Only then to install to the Unallocated Space. You can ignore the part with regard to creating a new partition; that isn’t necessary. 

2 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

In that case you don't need to buy anything. As suggested earlier, download the image with media creation tool, and have a blank USB key ready. Install on kid's laptop from that key and apply your previous license key. If this is the same laptop, it should work straight. If it was OEM license and you changed laptop, then it may allow you to use key, it may ask you to contact Microsoft for activation.

But basically - if it's same computer, and genuine key is loaded, and you need to reinstall, you don't need a key as computer would already have a digital license applied, so it would apply the previous key without even asking.

The main problem is not being able to select the Win 10 Pro version, everytime I use the media creation tool it always sets the installation to win10 home single language, that's what I have been trying to explain, disk creation tool, download now update and/or upgrade it always defaults to the damn win10 home single language, that's why I got pissed and decided once and for all to format the drive and that may solve  the problem