Windows 10 Pro

Mavideol

6 minutes ago, NextG said:

You are obviously doing something wrong

Why not a screenshot or your initial ‘cut and paste’

thanks for all your help, going to the store now, have a good day

5 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

https://getproductkey.net/how-to-upgrade-windows-10-home-to-pro-for-free/
https://getproductkey.net/how-to-upgrade-windows-10-home-to-pro-for-free/ : The term
'https://getproductkey.net/how-to-upgrade-windows-10-home-to-pro-for-free/' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet,
function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the
path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ https://getproductkey.net/how-to-upgrade-windows-10-home-to-pro-for-f ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (https://getprod...o-pro-for-free/:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

4DFA92DD-4104-4CF4-B22B-8A68D52182C8.png.97443900010c821504dbfac761c155ab.png

Is how it should look

1 minute ago, NextG said:

Why is it that you always choose to do something different than instructed? That is confusing to me. The point of giving you a guide, is that I can troubleshoot it step by step. But you always choose to do it differently because you think you know a better way. PowerShell was not requested 

powershell is command prompt same and used admin

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

thanks for all your help, going to the store now, have a good day

Terrible. Guides are for you to follow, not modify and then complain they don’t work. They DO work. You just CHOOSE to do it differently than instructed. 

Just now, Mavideol said:

ok going to do it the way u did, typing the command

Cut and Paste! OMG…

It’s like there is something in your brain that is resistant to simply following the instruction 🤭 What is going on?!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NextG said:

Show a screenshot BEFORE you go ahead with entering the Command

Again thanks for all the  help but have to go. Kindly accept my apologies if I didn't follow your recommendations, maybe my misunderstanding, in any case all was appreciate, thks

11 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

the command was typed on the PowerShell  C:\users\name

it appears the problem could  and I mean could be due to the UEFI and not legacy Bios

Not at all… It’s just you doing it completely wrongly, because you thought you knew it better and utilised PowerShell. 
PLEASE follow my instructions exactly 

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

Again thanks for all the  help but have to go. Kindly accept my apologies if I didn't follow your recommendations, maybe my misunderstanding, in any case all was appreciate, thks

It’s such a simple thing really. You have just complicated it inside your brain. I’m not joking. I would have completed the whole thing in a minute or two. 

19 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

the command was typed on the PowerShell  C:\users\name

it appears the problem could  and I mean could be due to the UEFI and not legacy Bios

C:\users\name

is not

C:\Windows\System32

How can you assert they are the same?

I don’t understand why people here choose to argue and go against the people who are actually helping them. It’s like a natural resistance to being helped and they’d rather believe that ‘they succeeded in their own way’. Making a simple task impossibly complicated. 

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, Mavideol said:

you could be right that's why I decided to stop and tomorrow will see what we wrote and maybe try one more time, but again my main goal would be to change Bios to AHCI and my frustrations would go away

Your BIOS is already set to AHCI, that is why there is no option to change it 🤦🏻‍♂️

Legacy BIOS is something completely different. In that case you would mean UEFI. 
You really need to just listen and follow the clear instructions. Because you are making a mess of things by yourself. 

Edited by NextG

On 12/7/2023 at 2:44 PM, Stanton681 said:

The OP said he was going out an hour ago so he may not currently be following any advice.

that was a correct assumption, thanks for the clarification

On 12/7/2023 at 1:42 PM, NextG said:

Your BIOS is already set to AHCI, that is why there is no option to change it 🤦🏻‍♂️

Legacy BIOS is something completely different. In that case you would mean UEFI. 
You really need to just listen and follow the clear instructions. Because you are making a mess of things by yourself. 

All sorted out, problem with MB, they change laptop. The ACER and the majority of newer machines they all come set as UEFI (BIOS is kind of an old system but quite sure you know that). They still call is a Bios because it sound better and easy to pronounce but they are NOT set as AHCI unless one changes the registry but won't discuss that as that's not the point anymore. Yesterday you asked me couple times to copy paste certain step operations to run from the CMD command, I didn't answer you because I thought that you could figure out that I was answering you in on machine and at the same time working on my kids machine, thus copy paste not an option. I tanked you for all your assistance and want to make sure you know I did appreciate all the efforts, although not a computer wizard and I never claimed to be anything like that or similar, I do have enough knowledge to complete certain set up/settings tasks and I did not make a mess of things as when arriving at the store yesterday afternoon the tech guy on site run a couple tests and found something wrong with the machine, he claimed to be the MB and immediately offer to replace as it was less then 7 days purchase, I accepted since the kid didn't have any important documents and/or files to save, whatever she had the guy backed it up, after 1 hour or so they handed back the new system with the backed up files installed, had diner in town with family and drove back again +/-2 hours arriving late in the night, this morning the kid started to work on the new machine and all has been good, she's happy then I am happy, thanks again

3 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

All sorted out, problem with MB, they change laptop. The ACER and the majority of newer machines they all come set as UEFI (BIOS is kind of an old system but quite sure you know that). They still call is a Bios because it sound better and easy to pronounce but they are NOT set as AHCI unless one changes the registry but won't discuss that as that's not the point anymore. Yesterday you asked me couple times to copy paste certain step operations to run from the CMD command, I didn't answer you because I thought that you could figure out that I was answering you in on machine and at the same time working on my kids machine, thus copy paste not an option. I tanked you for all your assistance and want to make sure you know I did appreciate all the efforts, although not a computer wizard and I never claimed to be anything like that or similar, I do have enough knowledge to complete certain set up/settings tasks and I did not make a mess of things as when arriving at the store yesterday afternoon the tech guy on site run a couple tests and found something wrong with the machine, he claimed to be the MB and immediately offer to replace as it was less then 7 days purchase, I accepted since the kid didn't have any important documents and/or files to save, whatever she had the guy backed it up, after 1 hour or so they handed back the new system with the backed up files installed, had diner in town with family and drove back again +/-2 hours arriving late in the night, this morning the kid started to work on the new machine and all has been good, she's happy then I am happy, thanks again

Happy that it’s all sorted. Obviously the motherboard issue is not something we discussed. 
From here we are working blind, so rely on being given accurate information and for any guidance to be followed exactingly. Nothing personal ever involved. 
All new devices utilise UEFI. But I’m not sure what that has to do with anything, as the only thing I was looking at the time was the failure to upgrade Home Single Language. This I know is a straightforward task and I couldn’t understand why it was failing for you. 
You seemed to be writing about so many different things in one thread, including Linux and switching to AHCI. It was terribly confusing trying to find out exactly what it was that you were trying to achieve. 
There was the upgrade. There was cloning in so you could have the same system. There was mention of Samsung Magician software and therefore a failure to apply firmware updates to the SSD. 

So I’m not surprised that you gave up with your head spinning. Too many things. 
Notwithstanding, I’m glad it’s all sort and you can relax and enjoy your time 😊

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

Just addressing the SATA mode thing. The laptop is likely set to AHCI RAID mode. 
If you are have issues and just want to run on AHCI SATA mode, you don’t need to touch the Registry. You can do it via msconfig. Under Boot you can select Safe boot and choose Minimal. 

You also mentioned Linux. For that, you might need to reveal the hidden menu within the BIOS main menu by pressing Ctrl+S(I think). Intel VMD is the setting you need to toggle there. 

Edited by NextG
  • Like 1

On 12/8/2023 at 5:14 PM, NextG said:

Happy that it’s all sorted. Obviously the motherboard issue is not something we discussed. 
From here we are working blind, so rely on being given accurate information and for any guidance to be followed exactingly. Nothing personal ever involved. 
All new devices utilise UEFI. But I’m not sure what that has to do with anything, as the only thing I was looking at the time was the failure to upgrade Home Single Language. This I know is a straightforward task and I couldn’t understand why it was failing for you. 
You seemed to be writing about so many different things in one thread, including Linux and switching to AHCI. It was terribly confusing trying to find out exactly what it was that you were trying to achieve. 
There was the upgrade. There was cloning in so you could have the same system. There was mention of Samsung Magician software and therefore a failure to apply firmware updates to the SSD. 

So I’m not surprised that you gave up with your head spinning. Too many things. 
Notwithstanding, I’m glad it’s all sort and you can relax and enjoy your time 😊

Agree with all the conflicting info, all is working the kid is happy & me too, thanks for taking the time trying to help

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/6/2023 at 3:15 PM, Mavideol said:

have been trying different options without any success, the key I have didn't work, the key you provided didn't work , can't download the damn upgrade. The current Digital license on the Acer is a Win 10 Home Single Language installed from the store, the SSD internal HD is a Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB that is partioned, I don't like partitions (that's me no partitions) at this time I would like just delete reformat everything and start a clean install but how do I delete the partitions (Already back up everything) just want to format the 1 TB SSD

Aomei Patition software.