Smart phone

still kicking

Well, I guess I am getting old. Bought a new phone today it only displays the English Pound symbol but not the dollar symbol I need for some of my passwords. Setting up the language it only has 1 setting and that is English I am OK with that, but it is missing the $ sign and only have the pound symbol. No American or Australin English, so what to do? 

5 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Well, I guess I am getting old. Bought a new phone today it only displays the English Pound symbol but not the dollar symbol I need for some of my passwords. Setting up the language it only has 1 setting and that is English I am OK with that, but it is missing the $ sign and only have the pound symbol. No American or Australin English, so what to do? 

What phone is it?

2 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

mate, have you been to australia? my sister married an aussie, whenever i go to visit it takes a few days to understand what on earth my BIL is going on about!

Aussie accents are milder than pommy accents.

@still kicking  Ignore the idiot... he's already well known as a troll and is the source of deterioration for most threads he posts in.

What phone is it ?...   (someone may have it and recognise the issue or be able to offer better help).

Can you post a screenshot of your phone 

There should be a short cut to symbols button in the bottom left...  That should bring up a choice of symbols which will / should include $.

There is also possibly 'region settings' and your phone maybe set to the UK (keyboard), so you could dig around the settings.

You should also be able to download preferred keyboards so you can install a keyboard that has the $ on the first page. 

Mine is apple, and I need to go through 2x short cut buttons to get to the $ symbol, which I don't use much - so it doesn't matter to me, so yours could be behind a couple of short cuts. 

image.png.6fbfe2e43479e1d3642bf7da5e18fa22.png

Edited by richard_smith237

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

@still kicking  Ignore the idiot... he's already well known as a troll and is the source of deterioration for most threads he posts in.

What phone is it ?...   (someone may have it and recognise the issue or be able to offer better help).

Can you post a screenshot of your phone 

There should be a short cut to symbols button in the bottom left...  That should bring up a choice of symbols which will / should include £.

You should also be able to download preferred keyboards so you can install a keyboard that has the £ on the first page. 

Mine is apple, and I need to go through 2x short cut buttons to get to the £ symbol, which I don't use much - so it doesn't matter to me, so yours could be behind a couple of short cuts. 

image.png.6fbfe2e43479e1d3642bf7da5e18fa22.png

Incorrect. I told him how to find it. He is just not smart enough. All phones have it.

4 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Look my wife bought it for me since I have no transport at the moment It is a Voda phone I guess Vodaphone is English 

Vodafone are all over... but Vodafone is the carrier... not the phone brand... 

Play around with settings... try and change the regional settings to US.

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Vodafone are all over... but Vodafone is the carrier... not the phone brand... 

Play around with settings... try and change the regional settings to US.

Understand but it won't let me