Underwear-clad party entertainer crashes and kills motorcycle rider

webfact

image.jpeg

A female party entertainer from Thailand claimed she was sleepy, not drunk, after crashing her car into a motorcycle rider and killing him on Phetchakasem Road in Cha-am district in the southern province of Phetchaburi.

Officers from Cha-am Police Station were notified of the car accident at an ice factory on Phetchakasem Road at 7am today, December 6, and rushed to the scene with a rescue team.

Officers found a dark blue Honda Jazz with registration number กฉ 2385 crashed into the wall of the factory. The car’s windscreen, bumper and engine were damaged.

The driver, a 27 year old woman named Waralee Puangmechai, who was wearing only her underwear, was inside the car. She was reportedly wearing lingerie because of her career as a party entertainer.

by Petch Petpailin

Photo via Facebook/ Page 3 News

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-12-07

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The driver, a 27 year old woman named Waralee Puangmechai, who was wearing only her underwear, was inside the car. She was reportedly wearing lingerie because of her career as a party entertainer.

Sitting there staring at the aftermath of her actions.

I hope she feels real proud of herself.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, tandor said:

condolences to the family of the deceased motor-cyclist who hasn't rated a mention yet.

Not only no mentions on this thread, but way too little about him on the article as well! 

Who was he, where did he work, etc.?

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Sitting there staring at the aftermath of her actions.

I hope she feels real proud of herself.

We've all made mistakes at one time or other in our lives.       Just maybe she actually was sleepy.       I know there have been times in the past where due to being sleepy I probably shouldn't have been driving.

Anyone her faultless?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

A female party entertainer from Thailand claimed she was sleepy, not drunk, after crashing her car into a motorcycle rider and killing him on Phetchakasem Road in Cha-am district in the southern province of Phetchaburi.

Oh! that's alright then pet, you've been a naughty girl & don't do it again !!!!! - I think further checks are required for what ever she had been consuming, pityful excuse!!

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Not only no mentions on this thread, but way too little about him on the article as well! 

Who was he, where did he work, etc.?

About 100 metres from the factory, officers spotted a damaged dark blue Honda motorcycle with registration number กวบ 628. The rider, a 73 year old Thai man named Pramote Tangthong, was seen lying in a pool of blood. Pramote was pronounced dead at the scene

Need to read the whole articles

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, In Full Agreement said:

We've all made mistakes at one time or other in our lives.       Just maybe she actually was sleepy.       I know there have been times in the past where due to being sleepy I probably shouldn't have been driving.

Anyone her faultless?

Faultless? No. But I have never fallen asleep at the wheel leading to the death of someone else.

I'm all for your words when maybe someone stole a packet of sweets or perhaps embellished a tax return a little, but not for death due to careless driving.

• Thanks 1

Causing somebody's death due to reckless driving and sleepiness should be considered a very serious crime. At a minimum she should spend a few years in prison, have her driver's license revoked, have her car confiscated, and be liable to pay the family a few million baht.

Doesn't there have to be a deterrent in order for society to function properly? 

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Causing somebody's death due to reckless driving and sleepiness should be considered a very serious crime. At a minimum she should spend a few years in prison, have her driver's license revoked, have her car confiscated, and be liable to pay the family a few million baht.

Doesn't there have to be a deterrent in order for society to function properly? 

Would those be the consequences in your old country Spider and does your society function properly?

In my Mother land, they would probably get 12 months home detention, after a starting point of 6 years in prison but given discounts for cultural disadvantages, drug and or alcohol addiction, disadvantaged and / or violent upbringing and on and on. A 12 month driving licence suspension effective from the day of conviction i.e the lifting of, being at the end of their home detention. Bugger me no consequensces so stop banging on about Thailand being any different to any other judicial system.

Edited by V8M8

14 hours ago, V8M8 said:

Would those be the consequences in your old country Spider and does your society function properly?

In my Mother land, they would probably get 12 months home detention, after a starting point of 6 years in prison but given discounts for cultural disadvantages, drug and or alcohol addiction, disadvantaged and / or violent upbringing and on and on. A 12 month driving licence suspension effective from the day of conviction i.e the lifting of, being at the end of their home detention. Bugger me no consequensces so stop banging on about Thailand being any different to any other judicial system.

Weak and overly PC judicial systems should always be discounted as good examples.